PlayStation Extreme Forums - PSXE
Forum FAQ - Printable Version

+- PlayStation Extreme Forums - PSXE (https://psxextremeforums.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Information (https://psxextremeforums.com/Forum-Forum-Information)
+--- Forum: Feedback, Suggestions and Support (https://psxextremeforums.com/Forum-Feedback-Suggestions-and-Support)
+--- Thread: Forum FAQ (/Thread-Forum-FAQ)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum FAQ - Ryan H. - 04-24-2003

Just a few hints and tips for those looking for help on a variety of topics:

Q: How do I post a picture in the forums?

A: Pictures most often must be linked from another webspace. To post a picture, copy the URL of the picture (you can do this by right clicking on the picture and then clicking on 'properties') then paste it into your post. After pasting it into your post, put [ IMG ] before the URL (without the spaces) and [ /IMG ] after the URL (without the spaces).

Q: What if I want to upload a picture from my computer and not from a website?

A: There is an option when replying to a thread that allows you to browse your PC and select a file to add as an attachment. You can find this option under the 'Options' portion of the reply screen.

Q: How do I get a picture below my name?

A: Personal avatars can be activated after you have a minimum of 30 posts (spam posted in an attempt to reach 30 posts will be deleted, so don't bother). Once you have 30 posts, you can choose an avatar by going into your user Control Panel (click on the button at the top of the page that says "user cp") and selecting Edit Options. At the bottom of that page is a section that allows you to choose an avatar.

Q: How do I put a picture in my sig?

A: You can post a picture as a personal banner in your sig (in the same way you would post a picture in your post), as long as it follows these guidelines: The file size must be LESS than 30kb, and the picture may be no taller than 120 pixels (the second number under a picture's properties). Violating either of these guidelines will result in having your banner removed.

Q: What if I have a banner that I really want to use, but it's bigger than the size limit?

A: Our beloved Admin, Dmitry M., is a graphics hound, and completed an FAQ thread on how to optimize your sig:

http://209.120.143.51/vbullforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218

Check out that thread for help on optimizing your sig, and contact Dimitry M. via Private Message if you have any questions.

Q: How come no one answers my questions when I ask for help?

A: Not even the staff here at PSXE has an encyclopedic knowledge of every game ever made. The staff and members here will do our best to help you out whenever we can, but sometimes we just won't have the answers you need. Also, the more information you provide about your problem, and the clearer you relate this information, the higher the chance is that we can help you. If no one is able to help, I'll personally research the problem for you, but this may take some time, so please be patient.

Being polite when you ask for help is also a smart move. Big Grin

If we're not able to help you out as quickly as you would like, you may also want to check out www.gamefaqs.com, as that site is usually able to help you with most of your gaming needs.

Q: What is spam, and why is it not allowed?

A: Spam is any post that blatantly advertises another site or does not contribute to the thread in any meaningful way. Constant spamming is disrespectful and annoying, and as such we don't allow it.

Q: What is flaming, and why is it not allowed?

A: Flaming is when you post intentional and malicious insults against another forum member. We don't allow this for obvious reasons. Of course, friendly, good-natured joking is permitted as long as it is obvious that you are not trying to be hurtful in any way.

In any event, please be nice to your fellow forum member. We're all one big, happy family here. Big Grin

Q: What is trolling, and why is it not allowed?

A: Trolling is looking for threads/posts that you disagree with for the sole purpose of starting an argument by replying in a negative or disrespectful way. We don't allow this for obvious reasons.

Q: What should I do if another forum member is harassing me, either on the forums or via Private Messages?

A: If you feel you are being unduly harassed, notify a moderator. The following is a list of moderators you can contact:

Arnold K., Matthew S., Ryan H., Dmitry M., cAtDaFeLiX, Odin, Nice Shirt, Magoosh, Mr. SunburnMan.

To see which moderators are online, and to send them a Private Message, click on the following link (thanks Macho! Oh yeeeah!):

http://www.psxextremeforums.com/showgroups.php

If you feel the need to contact a moderator for this reason, PLEASE make sure you provide links to the problem.

Q: How can I tell who is online and who is not?

A: You can view who is online by clicking on the Currently Active Users link at the bottom of the forum's main page. When viewing a thread, each user has an circular icon beneath their avatar. If it is GREEN, they are currently online, if it is BLUE they are not.

Also, registered members will show up as being online on the main forum page, near the bottom. However, if a user has set their online status to "private", they will not show up as being online in any way at any time.

Q: What else do I need to know?

A: http://www.psxextremeforums.com/gaming-forum/2-rules-forum-read-before-you-post.html. This link provides a full listing of rules, so please reference it if you have any other questions about rules.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in here, and I, or one of the other forum leaders, will be more than happy to answer them for you!

Forum FAQ - nice shirt - 04-24-2003

excellent post![Image: icon14.gif]

Forum FAQ - Ryan H. - 04-24-2003

Thanks Shirt. If you, or any of you other mods, feel I forgot something, let me know so I can include it. Thanks.

Forum FAQ - korn666slipknot - 04-24-2003

hey ryan, so with the avatars the ones to choose from are the only ones that can be used, correct?

if so, i'd like to request a pic of Lulu be put into the selection. if this is not possible, or simply just too much work for something so unimportant, thanx anyway.

Forum FAQ - Punknoodles15 - 04-26-2003

Im tyring to post a picture in my signiture but its not working

Forum FAQ - Dmitry M. (Lazer) - 04-27-2003

I feel left out you missed my name out on contact moderators...Sad MEH! here now i'm on the list...Smile
But yes nice post defenitly needed.

Korn & Punk i send you a PM helping you out!

Forum FAQ - The Benny (Macho) - 04-27-2003

Nicely done Ryan, there's only one thing I can think of that might be worth adding. There's a link on the main index page of the forum to Forum Leaders, which lists all Admins and Moderators and has a button to PM them, as well as an online indicator. Linking to that for the 'What should I do if anoter forum member is harassing me, either on the forums or via Private Messages?' question would probably make it easier for people to contact somebody if they need to.

You also missed the 'h' in 'another' for that question Wink

Forum FAQ - Ryan H. - 04-29-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Macho Man
Nicely done Ryan, there's only one thing I can think of that might be worth adding. There's a link on the main index page of the forum to Forum Leaders, which lists all Admins and Moderators and has a button to PM them, as well as an online indicator. Linking to that for the '[b]What should I do if anoter forum member is harassing me, either on the forums or via Private Messages?' question would probably make it easier for people to contact somebody if they need to.

You also missed the 'h' in 'another' for that question Wink [/B]

Thanks for catching those, Macho. I fixed 'em (and seriously updated the FAQ, in case you can't tell), and even gave you the credit for the catch, cause you're just so damn special to me Big Grin

Anything else I need to fix/add? Come on, people, I know I'm not perfect, but it's nice to have that theory verified once in a while, so show me what I missed!

Forum FAQ - Dmitry M. (Lazer) - 04-29-2003

Ryan you can put in the link to the thread i made on how to decrease your sig size below 30 wiht photshop and paintshop pro. Just click the optimizing your sig you'll see it in my signature. If you want i'll put it in.

Also if you want you can tell them to personally contact me i'll be willing to help them out on optimizing their sig, if some people don't have photoshop or paintshop pro. Smile

Forum FAQ - Ryan H. - 04-29-2003

I added that info, Dimitry. Thanks for the help!