Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your feelings on old school gaming???
I'm a huge fan of old-school gaming. I have over 60 games for my NES and like 50 for my SNES. I have a Genesis as well and buy compilation packages when they are done properly. I can't wait for Final Fantasy Origins on PS1 and I'll be buying a new PS One this week because I'm giving my old PS to a friend. Old-school gaming rules. I still love the stuff we have today though.
Play your games.
Old school games are awesome. A lot of them better then he games we have today, take for instance Zelda: A Link to the Past, FFVI(III), Mario RPG, etc...
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Quote:Originally posted by Lazer
Old school games are awesome. A lot of them better then he games we have today, take for instance Zelda: A Link to the Past, FFVI(III), Mario RPG, etc...
I can see what your saying. I never played a Zelda game again the was good as Zelda III: Link to the Past. Final Fantasy VI still has to be one of the best RPG games I played through along with FFIV.

It wasn't just the RPG games that were good on SNES, other greats were Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Castlevania IV, Star Fox, Super Mario Kart, etc. I can see why I haven't been very impressed with Nintendo anymore because they haven't been able to make a system as good as SNES and NES.
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
How can a topic about old-school gaming only go back as far as NES? Where's the Commodore 64, the Spectrum, Atari, or Commodore Amiga? There's more stemming back before that, but that was before my time. Things like the Intellivision, the Colecovision, the Odyssey, TurboGraphix and such are real old school.

When you grew up playing games like Dizzy or Wonderboy or Rodland then that's when you really understand how unimportant graphics are. Controlling a collection of squares climbing a lump of squares while avoiding a collection of squares could only ever be about the gameplay Big Grin
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Quote:Originally posted by Macho Man
How can a topic about old-school gaming only go back as far as NES? Where's the Commodore 64, the Spectrum, Atari, or Commodore Amiga? There's more stemming back before that, but that was before my time. Things like the Intellivision, the Colecovision, the Odyssey, TurboGraphix and such are real old school.

When you grew up playing games like Dizzy or Wonderboy or Rodland then that's when you really understand how unimportant graphics are. Controlling a collection of squares climbing a lump of squares while avoiding a collection of squares could only ever be about the gameplay Big Grin
I can understand what you are saying. It's just that I didn't get started into videogames until the year 1990. After that, I became obsessed. Wonderboy was a great game though. I played it on Game Gear, Sega Genesis and Turbo 16 Grafx. The only original system I played was Atari 2600. I never tried a Colecovision, Commodore 64, Magnavox Odyssey, or Intellivision before.
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
I'm still remember when I was a kid like 6 years old, playing Mega Man X, man this game was a great game, killer graphic too Big Grin.
and Batman Returns and Mortal Kombat 2 and Killer Instinct and F-Zero and, and. God! I miss those games very much. Man I tell you what, if I have money I would buy a SNES right now.
PSX Extreme 4 Life
Megaman X is the ultimate old school game. It is very hard when you first play it but there are people who can beat the entire game in a matter of minutes after they get good enough at it. It has great music, graphics, and most importantly, the gameplay is awesome. Other games like FFVI are also great. They are not that old school, not even 10 years old yet really, but they still are from an era that is the pinnacle of gaming. Will the 16-bit days ever be topped?
thats why I have a GBA with a flash cart.....

I can have anything from over 100 Speccy games on it or at least over 70 Nes games.....

better than any new GBA game going for £30.

I have downloaded all the new GBA games, since the GBA came out, and I would only buy a handful of them.. but with 70 nes games you have 70 complete games of which you can save anywhere! so Last Ninja becomes a joy to play...

as for Salamanda...yey!

I advise you all (who are into retro games and have a GBA) to rush out now and buy a flash cart and a linker...
Big Grin Smile Big Grin
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
my next door neighbor had a colecovision and we used to play that just as much as the nes. this was approximately 1990.
I advise you all (who are into retro games and have a GBA) to rush out now and buy a flash cart and a linker...

Ive got a GBA, but what exactly is this equipment for?
<b>I have nothing to show!!!</b>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 8,899 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 2,107 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 1,850 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,298 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 2,959 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  In regards towards the recent attacks by the Church on Gaming! Dmitry M. (Lazer) 3 5,306 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM
  Professional Gaming svosen 17 981 01-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Last Post: svosen
  Gaming coincidents Linkin Park 47 6 859 12-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Ryan H.
  The Gaming Industry? PBKGangsta 6 689 08-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Sega's Ages Titles: Old School Gamers Come In! PlaystationFan 16 1,150 08-21-2003, 08:18 AM