Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!!
I will always prefer Consoe gaming...

I like the PC, but imo its a cold hunk of plastic and wires.. where as for me a console is like a quality piece of hardware that sits under your telly Smile

a console doesnt need upgrading to the latest Graphic or sound card in order to play that game everone is telling you that you should play, a console doesnt turn around and say that its out of date every 5 min ( :lol: ).

tho, saying that.....

when this thread was first made, all that i say above was true, but not so much now...

with firmware upgrades, HDD replacements.. intelligent pads..things arent as 'out of the box, plug and play' anymore.

I wll probably always play a Console over a PC any day of the week, but with Consoles getting more like PC's and PC's going down an almost console route... what I will be playing as my preferred gaming tool in 20 years, i havent a clue.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
The only PC gaming that I care about are Blizzard games.
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
games like what?

what are Blizzards famous games? ive heard of them, and if i was to put major brain power in to it, i would come up with a few.. but ive just had my lunch and am still in my dressing gown....

....? Smile

Edit.. ok, WOW games.. yeh... im not that convinced with WOW. we got a 2 week demo for like £1 from GAME, and BG played it for a week before the Internet died on us, and i dont think that was enough time to really get to know the game, but i know i didnt find myself needing to play it after the trail ran out.

I have a mate who is WOW nuts, a serious player.. and he's forever teling me how i should play it and that i am totally missing out.

thing is though, I would rather sit on the floor/sofa/comfy chair to play these games.. rather than a PC.

i think that is the only reason i wouldnt play WOW seriously, lol.. lame eh!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

diablo(s), starcraft and warcraft(s) of all kind.

i played WoW for 2 months. I could hardly justify the monthly fee, but it was decent.
ahh, somewhere else the Playstation scores in.. 95% of online games are/will be free to play online.

the free trail of WOW never said anything about paying after the trial had ended! i know you do, and if you read the small print, then im sure it probably tells you.
but of course, you play WOW for two weeks solid, and then your trial is over.. of course youre going to pay to stay in the game! lol.. WOW= Crack!

to be honest, I dont even think there is a game on the Playstation or coming on the PS3 that i would pay online for.

In the States, did you have to pay to play FFXI on the PS2? we didnt get it here because Sony hated us enough not to release a HDD for us in order to play Sad :lol: Sad

MMOs require huge server maintenance, so I really doubt that it was free.
Cost is same for FFXI for PC, PS2 and 360. I'm still playing FFXI but on the 360 now. Big Grin
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
can you justify the cost?

i mean, do you make sure you get your $10 a month worth?

if that cost was spread over say all squaresoft games, i could personally see why its worth it.

tho, i know ill get FFXII and FFXIII, so may change my tune when the next FF mm comes out.

I couldn't, that's why I stopped playing WoW. Tongue
Xbox Live, which runs me at a good 2$ a month (you need to look for sales for that), is justifiable. Smile
Ive played WoW for right at 2 years now. Its been very worth it to me, its easily usurped any interest ive had in console games, although when the right game and time comes it will be fun going back. WoW though has been a fun and memorable experience and without a doubt its sucked up any free gaming time i may have had, lol........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long have you been a gamer? (What was your first console) Arnold K. (Admin) 60 4,481 05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 2,156 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Your feelings on old school gaming??? PlaystationFan 52 3,999 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 1,867 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,328 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  Console region coding Gabriel013 5 599 11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  EA favours open console. The Benny (Macho) 3 811 10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 2,970 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  In regards towards the recent attacks by the Church on Gaming! Dmitry M. (Lazer) 3 5,316 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM
  Which console has the lineup your most interested in this year? PlaystationFan 17 1,058 04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan