Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eidos and EA... not happy with Xbox Live....
Eidos and EA quoted..

"We're not supporting Xbox Live for the time being because we don't feel comfortable with Microsoft's business model - they own the consumer'', Eidos Chief Exec Mike McGarvey.
A spokesman for EA said merely, "We have no plans for online games with Xbox because we couldn't agree on the terms,''

seems its all to do with the subscription online.. M$ will rake it all in, so companies like Eidos and others wouldnt make any money.

I can understand why they wouldnt be happy, im sure they will be making games at some point for them, thought it was interesting though...

I dont know much about this... does the subscription for M$ live stink? or is it fair?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Hell, I always figured that the subscription money would mainly be allocated to the game makers. This puts a whole new perspective on everything.
[Image: color-QOTSA_copy.jpg]

World of Warcraft has stolen my brain. Sad
i can just see the xbox message boards now...
TOPIC: EA not supporting xbox live!

Reply1: I never liked EA anyways. Madden was the most unrealistic football game ever. NFL fever is so much better because the graphics are good and the physics are much better.

Reply2: Eidos sucks anyways. The tomb raider games suck. Buffy is so much better.
Haha, that was a good one. Also pretty accurate if you check out the GS forums. It's uncanny.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've always suspected that this would be what holds XBL back. It is good because anybody who wants to add an Online element to their ame, can do so without having to worry about hosting a network. However, I think it is going to become more common for developers to want to bring their own games online under their own conditions. The major one being that they want to profit off their own games.

I think this was why X-Box never got Square on their side. Square is starting to make the move online and besides an expansion, already in the works on another online game. They want to profit off their own games, not just make a little off sales then let Microsoft profit form the Online portion.

EA is letting their games be free online as long as you always have the newest game. This helps sales, not only by having them online, but by increasinf future game sales. If EA were on Microsofts network, then people could buy Madden 2003 and nothing further since it should always be supported. Therefore EA sees this as hurting their future sales.

I guess XBL has its pros and cons like anything else.
“Life is no way to treat an animal.\"
I may take this news and put it on an Xbox site. I posted at one and all they do is say "EA sucks" and nothing else. They also try to get me to get Live and I tell them it doesn't have the games I want.

I'm totally not surprised by the news. Microsoft constantly brags that they have 50 publishers who have signed on to do Xbox Live games but they won't name the publishers. Plus, they make it seem like it's a lot when only a few of them are actually making an online game.
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
Uh-oh. Tongue *runs for cover*
Go poop on M$.Confusedpam:
DUKENUKEMFOREVER well be the best game ever!!. why? they spent 4 years or maybe more updatin the game and the unreal engine.
Live is nothing, all they keep getting are basically PC ports. So i'll stick to PC gaming. More online games, better online games.
<b>I have nothing to show!!!</b>
Quote:Originally posted by PlaystationFan
Live is nothing, all they keep getting are basically PC ports. So i'll stick to PC gaming. More online games, better online games.
Very well put. I keep trying to tell Xbox fans why don't they just buy the games for the PC and they tell me how great the PC ports are on Live and their better than games by Konami, Capcom, etc.

I'm never getting Live and only plan to take my PS2 online.Big Grin
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
By the end of last week, Sony claimed they had shipped 1 million network adapters...

so even though M$ reckon they are the 'Daddys' of online gaming.. they are only 3rd! as Sony are 2nd ... and the Dreamie is 1st.

thank god Sega is helping with the network rather than M$... thats what I say!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Christmas and New year frostface 2 1,120 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Last Post: farfus
  PSXE Poll re xbox content? Gabriel013 36 6,163 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ben D.
  Microsoft selling old 360 Xbox's as new?? dillonthebunny 5 1,605 05-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  GTA4's MAP(s).. NOT 56k happy! dillonthebunny 5 1,762 03-27-2008, 10:21 PM
  New game for the PS2 and Xbox. Mercenaries!!!!! PlaystationFan 10 17,360 05-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Last Post: countryhicks
  EXTRA, EXTRA Electronic Arts Goes xbox LIVE! uknowwho 1 1,291 04-24-2004, 02:45 PM
  New Layout Goes Live BuddyC 5 1,540 04-17-2004, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Prime
  Splinter Cell PT Xbox online is amazing! The best online experience ever IMO! PlaystationFan 20 3,033 04-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Last Post: mow_it
  Konami to bring Pro Evolution Soccer series to Xbox uknowwho 2 1,324 03-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Last Post: jumbo
  Xbox Next Specs Sounding Alot Better!!!! PlaystationFan 0 771 03-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan