Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing import games w/o a modchip!
***NO WAREZ/PIRACY/ILLEGAL STUFF HERE***

Ye, ye, ye!!

Sup people. Great news! I've been able to boot an original japanese game on my ps2 without no stupid chip or opening my ps2. Cool stuff, very nice. Just had to shell out $25 for special boot discs & take the cd tray cover off (*).

At this point I can play any CD import and a couple of DVD-based games (older ones) but they're releasing new discs this summer which will let us get around some of the newest stuff such as Splinter Cell multiple boot-sector checks and play all kinds of special dvds such as DVD9 (Xenosaga).

What does that mean? Gran Turismo 4 comin' to poppa shortly after it Jap launch Smile

Got myself Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution for $35 and I'm in heaven Tongue Gon' get WE7 in August too!

Anyone wanna know how this stuff works, where to get it?

Laterz!
Can you play coppies of a game with this boot-disc, if yes then this is considered pirating.
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

thats pretty cool. i want to be able to play imports, and i may have found out how to. where can this said boot disc be purchased?
[Image: lighedshirt.gif]
Here:

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/playsta...boot.shtml

Very good site. Paid them with CC, fast shipping.

Remember, these discs won't work without either:

- a no-solder mochip
* I don't recommend using no modchips - we all know why...

- using one of the swap methods
* FlipTop, Knife Trick [this is what I am using] , Swipe Card <- they're all similar methods.

I recommend buying this stuff:
http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/playsta...ncer.shtml

^^^ Includes 2 Boot Discs & Special Card for opening the cd tray.
[You can make your own tool out of a plastic credit card]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Swap Trick - opening the cd tray without your ps2 knowing it.

*** Yes you can play backups using this method. It is legall as long as you play a copy of a game you own.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links:

FlipTop
www.ps2cover.com

Swipe Card
www.slide-card.com
I like the idea of a flip-top. I doubt I would even use it to import games, I just prefer that to a ROM drive. Tongue
[Image: color-QOTSA_copy.jpg]

World of Warcraft has stolen my brain. Sad
Just what I've been lookin' for. I ordered a game from Spain because it wasn't here in the U.S. not realizing I wouldn't be able to play it. I still got it lyin' around somewhere.

Thanks guys!!! :rollin:
I know this is an old post. I needed to follow up with someone, though. Does anyone know where else to get these discs? Easybuy2000 wanted me to fax them my driver's license and the front and back of my credit card.

:confused:

They're freakin' retarded if they think I'm faxing them all of that sensitive data. :boo:
Quote:Originally posted by Bear6360
I know this is an old post. I needed to follow up with someone, though. Does anyone know where else to get these discs? Easybuy2000 wanted me to fax them my driver's license and the front and back of my credit card.

:confused:

They're freakin' retarded if they think I'm faxing them all of that sensitive data. :boo:

Well, they didn't ask me to do that... What do you wanna use those disc with? (slide card, fliptop, etc. ???)
I have a European game that I need a boot disc to play. That is main my need. I would like a disc that would also work with DVD backups.

Thanks for the help! Big Grin
when I'm in US, I will mod my PS2 to play import games like DMC1 (the jap. version) Smile
PSX Extreme 4 Life

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing Right Now? dillonthebunny 5,639 514,677 Yesterday, 07:48 PM
Last Post: frostface
  Battle Royale Games The Benny (Macho) 3 426 10-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: tlpn99
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 6,220 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  Buy Any New Games Lately? Reggie White 56 9,315 09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Favorite MGS games in order? Superjew 16 3,599 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  The return of fighting games? SHADOW 21 2,958 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Where do you buy your games? Superjew 10 1,889 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Last Post: SHADOW
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,802 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 4,141 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  where do i go to download full psp games and movies FOR FREE gamerzwanted 1 2,322 03-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX