Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR: Freedom Fighters
Man this game looks sweet. I mean the story alone is pretty cool. And not to mention, its from the same guys who developed the Hitman series.

Story Rundown:

The US has lost the cold war, you are the leader of a rebel force trying to save liberty island from the invading russians.

Facts:

-Other fighters can be recruited and will follow you based on your charisma.

-You can command up to twelve freedom fighters at one time.(all characters except the main character are AI controlled, you just give commands.

-The ability to switch from third to first person mode, like in hitman 3

-Also 4 player split screen is available

Official Web Site:

Freedom Fighters Site

Trailers:

Freedom Trailer 1

Freedom Trailer 2

Screens:

[Image: freedomfighter_070903_2.jpg]
[Image: freedom_050203_06.jpg]
<b>I have nothing to show!!!</b>
I saw a loooong video of actual gameplay for it on a PSM dvd disc. Either the game is very far from completion, or it will be as shitty as it looked. The AI looked horrible, not only the enemies, but your own teammates. The guy was telling his teammates to do stuff and they just stood there or ran in the opposite direction. Not to mention the voices were lame.

The gameplay itself didn't seem too original or anything, the video gave me nothin but horrible impressions, I'm not looking forward to it. It just didn't seem as interesting/good as it sounded.
FUCK YOU ARNOLD, FUCK YOU.
That PSM video was from a while back. Since then they have re done the AI and everything else. Just watch the videos I posted. Also here is a link to the IGN preview talking about the changes.

Freedom Fighters Preview
not really a sleeper here in the UK, every mag has done a large feature on it, its sounds ok... the mags are going nuts over it.

but I dunno, theres something about it that doesnt seem right to me.

:confused:

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Yeah, looks like they fixed a lot of stuff, it looks rentable.
Total suckage at E3. Avoid.
Quote:Originally posted by Arnold K. (EIC)
Total suckage at E3. Avoid.

So my initial opinion was correct :omg:
I'm still going to have to give it a rent, cause I like the Hitman team.
I dunno, I have been getting alot of info on THe Hobbit lately... And that game is gonna be bad ass!
Where there are no rules or boundries, there I play.
The Hobbit sucks even worse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Christmas and New year frostface 2 689 01-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Last Post: farfus
  Which console has the lineup your most interested in this year? PlaystationFan 17 2,711 04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Only 1 game needs to be announced for this to the best PS2 year yet!! PlaystationFan 10 2,158 04-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Linkin Park 47
  I'll say it now: 2004 will be the best console year ever! PlaystationFan 7 1,607 03-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Last Post: coolhotwaves
  Chalk up another loss for freedom of speech.... Voice 22 2,065 02-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Last Post: kOrNfReAk2k4
  What do you think will be the biggest game of the year bmxstud15 31 3,769 07-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)
  It's the year 2000 what are you playing? =) Arnold K. (Admin) 17 2,352 05-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Ðåñ†ë ¼
  Games you want this year? HannibleL316 9 1,385 04-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Last Post: sabbas
  Thirty Year Anniversary for Konami Odmist 1 943 04-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)
  What Sony games are coming out this year so far? Frightwolf 3 1,503 03-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Mr. Saltine