Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are 2D fighting games dead?
I ask this cause there's a lot coming out of Japan at the moment for the PS2, and they're all top drawer type games.

would any of you still buy the next KOF?

I hear that the next Samurai Showdown will be 3D... im not sure I like that idea, but I have always wanted a full 3D street fighter...

or is that just me?

I guess purist amongst us wouldn't agree... ?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
i would buy a 2d fighting game for ps2 if there was one...
Nope, not in my eyes anyways, infact I recently I bought a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2, the 2D best fighting game ever! The amount of time I spent on my Dreamcast playing that game was amazing, I loved it so much I decided to get it on X-box again.
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg][Image: Super%20FLEXXO.png]
mark of wolves was my all time favourite,. I dont think anything has supassed that in 2D for me.

but theres loads coming out .. theres a special KOF 2001/2002.. with 2003 coming, theres SNK and Capcom fighters coming out, plus that mad mix of Hudson, Genki and Capcom.. weird fighter.

im not sure if I will buy them, I say im a 2D fan, but I dont own any Street fighter games, in fact the only 2D fighting games I own are Guilty Gear and Vampire Saviour.

im still looking for the perfect fighting game.. not sure if ill ever find it.

Shaolin (lord of the fist) on the PS1 was the closest ive come to a perfect fighting game. real styles done with passion, but tho the content was spot on, the PS1 wasnt exactly right for the game.

am I missing out on any 2D fighting games? ive looked at Rival schools... but im not sure

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

I would love to see a new street fighter alpha! I loved number 3 but they haven't brought out a new one sinceSad
I've never played guilty gear , how does it compare to the average 2d fighter?
the new street fighter is planned! and its coming to the PS2! after the arcades.

its all to do with Street fighters birthday, I think its this year.. capcom are doing a special one.

I dont know if it will be 2D or 3D... but last time they did 3D.. it wasnt true 3D, and I didnt quite see the point of that...

good news though. I might pick the new one up.

YAY!!:woot: I hope its a new alpha, and even if it isnt I hope it has new characters,alot of fighting games dont introduce enough new characters in their games and street fighter is no exception.
its called....'Hyper Street Fighter: Anniversary Edition'

you will probably know more than me if that means something....

No that doesnt mean anything to me but it sounds classy.
They usually use words like "Hyper" for the 2D games but I could be mistaken.
Dillon, how much is a copy of guilty gear for ps2?
Guilty Gear X will cost you probably £19.99 new or a tenna 2nd hand...

because Guilty Gear XX is out, that's better.. but if you're a real 2D fan, you will probably try and get both. GGXX will cost you about £35 new and about £20-25 2nd hand.

you should see what GAME have to offer, but they're usually quite expensive in either case.

But you may find good bargains at Gamestation... if you are near Bangor or Cardiff, Cwmbran, Llanelli, Newport, Swansea or port Talbot... there's Gamestations there.. (hey, Im a Gamestation advert.. lol)

even though Gamestation is owned by Blockbuster and are totally up their own arse now, I still prefer to use them than GAME.. usually a lot cheaper.

or cheaper still buy online at http://www.Play.com

Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dead Redemption 2 - Your thoughts? frostface 17 197 11-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: frostface
  Battle Royale Games The Benny (Macho) 3 412 10-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: tlpn99
  Buy Any New Games Lately? Reggie White 56 9,266 09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Favorite MGS games in order? Superjew 16 3,565 11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  The return of fighting games? SHADOW 21 2,937 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Dead Space Boss Fight Video...Gruesome!!! Kilik 7 1,892 09-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Superjew
  Where do you buy your games? Superjew 10 1,878 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Last Post: SHADOW
  where do i go to download full psp games and movies FOR FREE gamerzwanted 1 2,317 03-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Games you're still waiting to be made Tosser00 26 3,943 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Multi Platform Games xoanon 20 3,362 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Darth Koth