Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush 9/11 Campaign ads.
If you have seen them you know that im talking about.

What you think?

Frankly, I think it would have come off better if they had shown him flexing. It would have added a nice cherry on top.

Actually, its a smart political scheme, but I think it might hurt him in the long run.
They're fine.

I think the tag line "steady leadership in times of change" is deliciously ironic--sort of like a Richard Nixon ad in 1960-- but they're fine. I don't have any problem with Bush exploiting 9/11.
--Bryan Keers, biggest badass ever
Bush was in an unenviable position after 9/11 and I think he coped really well so he's right to use it in his campaigns. I'm not a big fan of the guy and doubt I ever will be but he's done pretty well in America (from what we read in the news) so I hope he gets in again.

Kerry could be much better, but he could also be much worse.

Better the devil you know huh?
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
If Bush didn't address 9/11 in his ads and campaign, liberals would use that to attack him, claiming that his refusal to acknowledge 9/11 indicates that he handled it poorly and knows it.

Either way, liberals are going to get upset, so I could care less if liberals are upset.
The "liberals" wouldn't dare attack Bush for handling 9/11 poorly. National security in general, maybe, insofar as Bush has alienated some potentially valuable allies, but not the 9/11 attack itself; that would be foolish. Kerry has plenty of ammunition without even touching terrorism.
Keers, liberals have already been attacking Bush on 9/11. Some have even gone so far as to say he knew about it in advance and did nothing, that he's trying to cover up the truth about what really happened, and that he's attempting to obstruct justice because of how he's arranged his upcoming testimony concerning it. Of course, Giuliani pointed out on Meet the Press yesterday exactly how fucking stupid such accusations were, and I'd think he would know.

And now, during election year, the same liberals who said Bush did a great job post 9/11 are trying to paint his leadership at that time as average at best and nothing special.
It's far from smart...I'll tell yah that much.

It's like he is TRYING to lose.
I don't see where you get that, Voice. It's an issue he needs to address, it is the event which defined his presidency and which will make his presidency something to be remembered a hundred years from now, and the way in which he handled that event was remarkable and inspiring, and he has every right to remind us of that leadership, especially when his opponents will attempt to besmirch it.
Quote:Keers, liberals have already been attacking Bush on 9/11. Some have even gone so far as to say he knew about it in advance and did nothing, that he's trying to cover up the truth about what really happened, and that he's attempting to obstruct justice because of how he's arranged his upcoming testimony concerning it.

Besides Dennis Kucinich? Listen, the retarded party surrogates and pundits and polemicists floating around making these ridiculous statements obviously can't be taken seriously: I didn't pay attention when Michael Moore called Bush a "deserter," and I certainly didn't pay attention when that dunderheaded idiot Sean Hannity said on his radio show that John Kerry had an extramarital affair. Kerry's not an idiot. He knows 9/11 is Bush's defining (conservative for "only") claim to the presidency, and trying to attack him for not holding the country together after the attacks--which I took to be what the discussion was about--would be foolish. It works both ways: Republican surrogates have been stopping just shy of smearing Kerry's patriotism, but Bush knows he can't make the same claims because of the gulf between his own valiant defense of Houston from the VC and Kerry's history of fishing his wounded men out of the Mekong Delta.

Quote:And now, during election year, the same liberals who said Bush did a great job post 9/11 are trying to paint his leadership at that time as average at best and nothing special.

Yeah. Politics is a hypocritical game. So what? To be a political surrogate is to raise those preposterous possibilities.
Fuck him. Kerry for 2005!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  President Bush and John Kerry both a part of the "Skull and Bones" Club. Prime 4 534 03-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Voice
  Funny George Bush picture Punk 7 746 01-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Martin Luther King day- Bush unwanted? LordArchy 4 385 01-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Barbara Bush says Democrats a 'sorry group' accord 4 me 0 819 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  This is getting disgusting!! Bush is quickly losing my vote! PlaystationFan 0 1,451 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bush's Hotmail Inbox jumbo 0 879 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bush vs. Kerry Film KCAA 0 626 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bush or Kerry, vote now. Gabriel013 0 2,385 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Go Kerry and Bush! *discuss politics in here* Arnold K. (Admin) 0 4,543 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bush Wins...So... KCAA 0 1,013 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: