Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin Snakes f'ing ROCKS
Beat it twice this weekend, and it was amazing and wonderful both times. The only real qualm I had was the controls, but luckily the Z button is perfectly placed for FPF and you can get used to the overall configuration by the time you fight Ocelot.

Beautiful game, great gameplay (there isn't a single thing in MGS2 that you can't do in MGSTS), AWESOME cutscenes, though some will find them too over the top.

Twin Snakes is my new favorite MGS title, and thus my new favorite game of all time. It absolutely fucking rocks. I recommend picking up a copy without delay, assuming you have a Cube.
I want to play it but I dont want to get a gamecube.I really want to play it though.The PS1 graphics just dont do it for me.I bet it looks 100 times better than the PS version.
Yep i have to agree with Ryan, i'm up to Sniper Wolf and the game has been nothing but addictive even though i played the original 1 for PSX.

I especially loved the dog tag feature they added to MGS Twin Snakes, like in MGS2 i collected all the dog tags, i will do the same for Twin Snakes.

Personally the overall control is not that good, and the Z button actually messes me up because sometimes i'm not holding it tight enough so Snake goes out from First Person Mode.
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Dmitry, if the Z button is too stiff for you (which I can imagine), then just go into Options and turn it to Toggle. This way, all you have to do is click it once and you'll stay in FP mode until you click it again.
My brother traded in his 'Cube awhile ago so I'll probably never get to try this version. MGS is my fav-all time game and I can no longer count how many times I've beaten it. Is there a lot more important storyline and stuff added to the cut-scenes or is it just added insignificant stuff to pretty things ups?
The story isn't fundamentally changed in any way. You're not going to get suprised by some new twist. However, a lot of the dialogue is changed, and in many places it really helps the mood that Kojima was trying to achieve. In other places, it doesn't work quite so well.

Overall, the game feels fresh. I played pretty much nothing but MGS for PSX during February, save a few hours spent on Chrono Cross, and even played it the night before I bought Twin Snakes. TS still managed to be fresh and "like new" in many ways.

If you loved the original, you'll probably love Twin Snakes.
Its not bad, it doesn't ave the same feel that the original had imo, but all in all its not bad.
<b>I have nothing to show!!!</b>
I'm just going to download the PC version. Character models aren't the same as the GC version, but the backgrounds look awesome in hi-res. I don't like how voice actors have been changed for certain characters, and how some characters don't have their respective accents.

I won't be buying the game, that's for sure. I'll just borrow Dmitry's copy if I ever feel the need to play it. Or, I'll just play the original on ePSXe or the PC version.
Most of the new acting is alright, and in many cases pretty good. Valenza does a great Sniper Wolf, for instance.

However, having Jennifer Hale do Naomi was just boneheaded, and whoever played Mei Ling needs to be shot simply so we never have to hear her voice again.

Other than that, the acting is still up there.
Ahh, changed VAs, that wouldn't sound right to me. I'll probably never get a chance to play this so I was just hoping I wasn't missing too much..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twin Snakes could now be on its way to the PS2!!!! PlaystationFan 18 1,729 04-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Last Post: sabbas
  Unreal Tournament 2004 ROCKS MY WORLD!!! Dmitry M. (Lazer) 7 1,053 03-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Dmitry M. (Lazer)
  MGS: Twin Snakes - Better then the Original? Dmitry M. (Lazer) 0 721 03-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Dmitry M. (Lazer)
  First Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Review. Arnold K. (Admin) 2 828 02-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Stanley
  Twin Snakes Video Footage Kefka 18 2,335 12-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Last Post: nice shirt
  Is anyone else looking foward to Twin Snakes for the cube? PlaystationFan 17 1,509 07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  Twin Snakes: Hands-on (E3) Ryan H. 16 1,656 05-22-2003, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Ryan H.
  Midnight Club 2 Rocks! Arnold K. (Admin) 144 10,687 04-19-2003, 06:02 AM
Last Post: DLX
  Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes VS. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater? PlaystationFan 0 1,758 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS: Twin Snakes updated trailer! Tosser00 0 805 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: