Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Playstation game of all time?
Sorry gotta go with Vagrant Story on this one. I'm STILL playing....actually I'm playing it right now! LOL!
Gaming Diva Wrote:Sorry gotta go with Vagrant Story on this one. I'm STILL playing....actually I'm playing it right now! LOL!

Solid choice. I went through it twice myself, and have always wanted to go through it again. Truly a great game. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
for me its 'Shaolin' or as you Americans might of seen it as 'Lord of Fist' an RPG that had you starting life as a small boy and travelling from village to village learning 'real' martial arts.

ract that these were real martial arts being used in a game was amazing, and still is as no other game has done it like this, even Tekken or VF games claim that they are real styles.. believe me.. they are not. from Taichi to Hung Gar.. it was all there. the only dissapointing one was Jeet kune do, as that was a art developed by Bruce Lee, and thus not traditional, but hey just a small glitch.

so you had an free roam RPG that saw you travel, eat at different places, from a top-ish down view in which you would travel far and wide, talk and gamble and fight people where you went. the fighting was one of the first fighting games of its kind. with the delay and none appearence of Thrill kill, this was pretty much the only game whee you could have four fighters on one screen, mainly you against three... so in a tekken way of fighting but you were fighting more than just one foe.

one of the most amusing things was that you actually grew from child to boy, boy to young man, young man to man then in to an old man!

the final scene was you as an old guy (who had obviously 'made it' in life)with a couple of chicks on your knee.. lol, was a very Japanese ending..

BUT.. as you could play as a girl, the alt ending wasnt alt at all.. meaning you would see you as a woman bouncing a couple of chicks on your knee.. ahem! kinda wrong, but made me laugh.

all in all this is one game that MUST come on the PSN imo.. i played it the other day when i was trying out the PS1 emu on the PS3, and i reckon it played well still... if bricking your psp wasnt possible with downgrading, i would of done it for this game alone.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
I remember that game, I'm sure my uncle had it! My Dad used to do JKD as well, and if I must say so myself was really quite brilliant at it, but he said they'd got it totally wrong on the game (and therefore didnt pay much attention to it lol, he was a bit of a snob with JKD at the time). I remember it being a really cool concept though, just a shame I never got to play it properly!
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg][Image: Super%20FLEXXO.png]
yeh, i know.. i think they put it in there so that people would recognise it. Hung gar isnt the most main stream martial art out there, but a lot of the moves were real, same with Taichi and a couple of the others.

its funny though, look at the main runners in martial art game.. Tekken, VF and (dare i say it) MK. all say that they represent real unarmed martial arts, but none of them do.

I guess Tekken is the closest with having right/left punch and kick.. but they could do soooo much more. I expect good things from the next gen Tekken, but i dont think i will ever be happy.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
I syphon filter and I really liked the crash bandicoot series.
[SIZE=5] Brandon's bringing the
[SIZE=7]SUCK!

[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
Final Fantasy XII for me the best game of all time.
[Image: 314rqlg.jpg]
[Image: 2j3kug6.png]
what about your favourite playstation 1 title?
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
i dunno about MGS. i say either that or (smack me if i see stupid for sayin this) Marvel Vs Capcom. if not then i say Resident Evil 3
BROS. BBQ!! TASTES SO GOOD, MAKE YA WANNA SLAP YA MAMA!!!!! :evil:
Forum Tokens:3
Lol I just realized how some of the games on some of these fellows' lists arent exactly PS games...

I dont like to pick favorites...

But MGS or Ape Escape (xD) were among my favorites..
Add me on the PSN: chrizzizzippi
Stalk me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrizzizzippi
Deep thoughts are deep:http://chrislovesoma.tumblr.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best PlayStation console of all time? Sidular 9 4,084 04-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Spartan119
  The very last PS2 game to launch on 3/27/13 BikerSaint 1 7,659 07-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Aerofan
  Playstation Move (Official Topic) cAtDaFeLiX 21 19,037 01-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Last Post: CH1N00K
  What's your latest Xbox 360 game? cAtDaFeLiX 212 46,199 09-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  What's Your Favorite PS2 Game? Luan 21 8,650 01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: setlogix
  Console wars. Your favorite? Let's time travel... Arnold K. (Admin) 20 6,780 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Last Post: JustDeck09
  The best downloadable game is being released on the VC today Mr. SunburnMan 8 2,929 02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Xeele
  40GB PlayStation 3 shows up in US Target for $399 GOREDDEVILS 7 3,347 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Last Post: JaktheDaxter
  What's the best PS3 game so far in 2008? baseballdude_ 14 2,703 08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Next PSN Game. Luan 4 1,403 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Zapix