Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 Wallpapers
Is it just me or are others also waiting for a way to customize the PS3 background? We're at PS3 1.7, still nothing.

I think its taking them a little too long to get the feature going, especially since PSP Wallpapers are such a hit. Well, whenever that happens, we're ready for the PS3 Wallpapers Smile
PSX Extreme/Xbox Nerds Co-Founder & Administrator
Requesting Ninja Gaiden Sigma wallpaper as soon as possible kkthx! Smile
I also hope they are going to do something about getting to your messages without leaving a game
The Force Is With Me.......And I Still F**k Everything Up

[Image: DarthKoth.png]
Meh it's not the greatest idea. There is no standard pixel size, since it depends on the TV the PS3 runs. Therefore people who create wallpapers won't want to bother.
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Dmitry M. (Lazer) Wrote:Meh it's not the greatest idea. There is no standard pixel size, since it depends on the TV the PS3 runs. Therefore people who create wallpapers won't want to bother.

Damn, I didnt think about that. I guess we'll have to format the wallpapers for several sizes. I think there are only about 4 different resolutons.
Actually, now I think about it, it won't be a big deal, I can get the programmer to generate wallpapers of any resolution size on the fly.
I'm going to have to dive into the PSP wallpapers soon (Not to get off topic of course) I had a look at some of them and I think I can get some done.
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
My 360 lets me set any image as a wallpaper. That's what I want on my ps3.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
psxextreme Wrote:Actually, now I think about it, it won't be a big deal, I can get the programmer to generate wallpapers of any resolution size on the fly.

Yeah but then there's a problem in creating such big Wallpapers. The larger the pixel size and if it's wide screen it becomes far more time consuming to create wallpapers. Also what if the TV is not wide screen then you have a problem with those TV's. I just don't see any point in making customizable wallpapers for the PS3.

So long as you make the largest size it can always be resized to fit, but the resize isn't always the same. Like take for instance a wide screen wallpaper for a PC and put it onto a regular sized one, you'll see the resize make the wallpaper look weird.
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Gabriel013 Wrote:My 360 lets me set any image as a wallpaper. That's what I want on my ps3.

But they need to let us do a wallpaper for each menu Sad The thing I hate also is that the "live" ads always seem to cover any of the wallpapers I use.... I'm hoping that the new "Live" slice will only keep those ads on that menu.
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]