Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killzone 2.. first footage!
impressive?? nah not really.

you missed out the words "awesome, incredible and fkg amazing"

i will look on the PSN later to see if i can download it on the PS3.

the actual in-game graphics are just incredible, im in awe....
and to think that people said this was going to be shite.. bloody Halo 3 fanboyz.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
i repeated the post...

so you can delete this if you like.
very nice preview AK.. http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1521.html very nice.

i like seeing how other forums react to news and trends, i find it really interesting how people think and conduct themselves. Recently theres been a HELL of a lot of Xbot fanboyism on the PS3 main board over at Gamefaq. which isnt 'that' surprising as most that visit GFAQ's are either under the age of 10 physically or mentaly (lol)...

anyway, my point is that ever since the PS3 came on sale in the states that board has been totally over run with Xbox fanboys, and i mean a serious take over.. about a third of the people who post are actually from the Xbox side of things with nothing more than intent to disrupt anyone thinking of owning a PS3, and if you have one.. their aim is to make you wish you hadnt.

(heres my point).. when the Killzone2 trailer came out, that very day saw a complete change in the board. for at least 24 hours there was hardly any negative posts, hardly anyone was saying anything apart from "wow". it was like a Xboxfanboy deathship.. a weird feeling after months and months of total abuse.

and i found that very encouraging. that no matter how you tried to see KZ2 in a bad light, it just couldnt be done. of course the fanboys are back, but no where near as prolific as they were pre E3.

I think AK's preview speaks volumes, and it just shows that the PS3 has some really really strong games coming.

I dont know why kids (i have to call them kids, because theyre certainly not adults) wish to 'dis' a console just because its not what they have. The 360 is a fantastic machine, why they feel a need to make everyone have the same console is beyond me, because if we all had the same console.. where would quality control be? the pricing? just everything would be fkd up.. we need competition, but it has to be healthy competition.

if.. (and a big IF) ..IF Kz2 IS better than Halo3.. it will rock a lot of peoples worlds, and destroy quite a few too...

still, horses for courses as we say in Blighty...

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

im sorry, i have to double post.. but that last one was me rambling like an old man.. this post is me going :omg: :omg: :omg:

if you know whats good for you.. look here, this is like the trailer you saw.. but about 20x better.... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22112.html

must of been what AK saw!

and here is the extended first trailer from the E3... http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21600.html

In the end, it doesn't matter if Killzone is better than Halo or vice-versa, because most people won't have both platforms to play them both. And the fanboyism will resume, because obviously the 'better' game for most people will be the one on the platform that they own, even though both will most likely be very competent games. Such is life with similar high-quality first party exclusives (see Sonic vs Mario).

But yeah Killzone 2 looked pretty nice. Not super close to what was first shown, but close enough in terms of modelling, animations and textures.

Edit: Editing to put the smilie face that I can't get rid of here:Sad
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
yeh.. i agree.

kay sarar sarar...(ahem) as they say....

but as this is pre-alpha, i wonder what they will improve?

still, so many games to worry about before this one hits the shops.. next on my list is GTA.. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Killzone Levels are 2gb each Gabriel013 17 3,506 09-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Russell Burrows
  First rock band footage Mr. SunburnMan 7 1,486 07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Killzone Developers Now Developer Exclusively For Sony!!! PlaystationFan 1 1,100 03-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Last Post: uknowwho
  New Killzone Video. bigloser 9 2,365 02-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  New Silent Hill 4 Footage. bigloser 11 1,954 02-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  First ever footage of Shell Shock(From the Makers of Killzone) bigloser 8 1,595 02-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Last Post: likido
  KillZone anyone? Mista 21 2,846 02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  First Info On Shell Shock! From The Developers Of Killzone! PlaystationFan 4 1,239 01-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Voice
  Twin Snakes Video Footage Kefka 18 2,931 12-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Last Post: nice shirt
  The First KillZone Fan Site!!! PlaystationFan 8 1,654 08-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Linkin Park 47