Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Console region coding
Am I right in thinking I can play US PS3 games on my UK PS3?

I think that US 360 games won't work on my UK 360 though.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
yep.. USA or JP/Asian games will all work on our PS3's.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Great thanks. I may ask my boss to fetch me a game next time he's there on business.

$60 = £30. Save me £10 per game Big Grin

3 forum tokens
yep... but imo i would only buy games that have no rumoured 'purchasing' psn upgrades or add ons.

say you had brought USA Ninja Gaiden, i very much doubt the extra modes that you can buy from the UK psn would work. so you would have to sign up a credit card or wirecard and buy from the USA psn.

you know what im saying.....

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

ah, didn't think of that. My next purchase might be for the 360 anyway so this is all hypothetical thinking.

3 forum tokens
yeh, I was going to buy Cod4 from the states if it was going to delayed here, but then i started thinking what if you could buy maps for it, how would i do that... games like Silent Hill or Assassins Creed i would probably make the gamble that there isnt any downloadable content.

but who really knows!

at the end of the day, if its a game that you will play and probably resell on Amazon or something, any game will be worth buying abroad.

its a shame though, and only just realised through this post.. that when we had PS1/PS2's we all wanted those import games. some of us had every console region going.. but others didnt. could you imagine what it would of been like if it had been region free.. what the gaming industry would be like today? There was none of this silly online business getting in the way.

but now we have region free in the PS3.. its like a double edged sword. unless we have a full purchasing PSN account for all three regions, buying import games could be a bad thing, if they have the extra content that we ask for.. :lol: nightmare.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who all here is a single next-gen console owner? PlaystationFan 27 4,748 06-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 16,776 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  How long have you been a gamer? (What was your first console) Arnold K. (Admin) 60 10,654 05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  EA favours open console. The Benny (Macho) 3 1,447 10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Which console has the lineup your most interested in this year? PlaystationFan 17 2,462 04-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Hey Individualist, Egotists, Nintendo has a console for you! Mr. SunburnMan 5 1,706 04-21-2004, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Voice
  So what console surprised you most this generation? PlaystationFan 9 1,802 04-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Last Post: farfus
  I'll say it now: 2004 will be the best console year ever! PlaystationFan 7 1,416 03-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Last Post: coolhotwaves
  worst game on next-gen console? Gabriel013 7 2,590 03-29-2004, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Which next gen console do you want most? PlaystationFan 14 1,606 03-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny