Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan: 360 outsells PS3
Only just, according to GamesIndustry.biz, and it seems to be entirely based on Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. Its released propelled 360 sales up to 17,673 (from 3,718 last week) ahead of the PS3's 17,434 (down from 18,785). Even if it lasts for a while it's unlikely to ever match the PS3's installed base and fairly constant sales. The Japanese market does seem very odd right now, with the 360 barely selling at all then getting these significant spikes around popular titles, but it does show that the 360 can make small gains into a very hostile market.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Its a good sign that indeed the 360 is the current leader in the next gen market with wii trailing not too far behind. Also shows that even a year later the ps3 hasnt significantly dented the market and has a very long way to go to really make an impact in 2008...
i thought the 360 had always outsold the ps3, and that it was only recently that the ps3 showed strength because of upcoming titles?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Im sure thats true, Dill, and yet the 360 is definitely going into the holiday period with a lot going for it software wise. Until the ps3 can get the quality titles there isnt much reason to buy one, i know i wouldnt just to watch movies... ive always been a big Ace Combat fan, even that game isnt on the ps3 this time, it was one of my first fave PS titles...
yeh, Ace Combat is one of those games that the Japanese love to death, so it will sell and sell.. i cant wait til we get our hands on it for the ps3, i will be buying it for sure.
i keep hearing mixed reports that its not coming out then it is coming out.. i assume its coming, but who knows.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
farfus Wrote:Im sure thats true, Dill, and yet the 360 is definitely going into the holiday period with a lot going for it software wise. Until the ps3 can get the quality titles there isnt much reason to buy one

That is the biggest BS statment Ive heard since sunburn opened his trap, have you even seen whats coming out for PS3 between now and Xmas not to mention whats already out and whats to come early next year, I can think of only three must haves on 360
The Force Is With Me.......And I Still F**k Everything Up

[Image: DarthKoth.png]
That's an entirely subjective viewpoint though Koth. It's possible for Farfus to look to the 360 line-up with some interest without being moved by the PS3's, while you can be fired up by the PS3's line-up and generally underwhelmed by the 360's.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Personely Ive had to pick five out of the seven games that I want, Ive never wanted this many games at once before, besides those there are a fair few others that while I can appreciate are good games just arn't my cup of tea, some are on both formats some not, theres something for everyone on PS3(apart form a decent RPG or MMO).

To say the PS3 is lacking in the game deparment is an old argument that doesn't hold any more.

Hey DK, im glad your pumped, personally. Hope you love the heck outta your new games too! I went from being a dedicated WoWer just recently and still have a load of ps2 games. When the cant miss ps3 games hit the market i will be ready to check into that possiblity. But for me, there need to be at least 5-10 of those. My prob even with the ps2 games is that sequels seemed to really be such a large part of their lineup, and once i play an original its rare that the desire to play the same or similar game 3 4 5 or more times really that desireable. And yep Dill is right, its a subjective thing, thats called individuality, something we here in the U.S. definitely get the opportunity to enjoy.
sorry I thought you were saying "when the quality titles hit" in a general sense not personaly, I do apologise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japan's Favourite Video Game Characters The Benny (Macho) 4 1,731 08-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Why does Japan still get all the best RPGs? Antonio 10 1,941 06-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Evil Parrot
  Japan Daily Sales 4.6.03 Odmist 10 1,330 04-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Damn you Japan!!!!! (GT4 related) nice shirt 0 1,367 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSP outsells DS Russell Burrows 0 1,345 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  ARMORED CORE FORMULA FRONT (Japan Vision) lyewchen 0 707 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Psp Japan goober12 0 901 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Japan outlaws sale of old consoles Ryan H. 0 807 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  help ive got lemmings from japan i cant read any of it dillon 0 621 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Japan PS3 complaints Gabriel013 0 1,732 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: