Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XBOX 360 -Falcon- still a glitchy system
Well, the Blackbox 360 arrives. As expected, a refurb. LMAO, I don't even wanna think who's gonna get my 360 that I wrote my name, address, # on with a Sharpie... Good luck to Microsoft getting that off!
Haha, any day now I'll get some random call "hey, dude, I have your xbox 360! it's still broken!"

The one I got is in good shape, about to load a game in it... So far I have to say... The thing is stupidly quiet! The drive makes no noise! I'm talking like I could dub this thing Ninjabox 360.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
My X360 does make a lil noise but it was as expected Ive never heard a really quiet one before. I just hope mine doesn't die of the RRoD. As ive had it for 2 years, but I think it's cause I'm not on it long and I have an intercooler :/. I hope it doesn't die before GOW2 :/.
[Image: ff13pic1.jpg]
I forgot to mention that after another game had sporadic freezing issues we bought a new 360 Elite last week, ordering from Amazon Friday evening and getting it Saturday morning, even though they estimated a Tuesday delivery.

With a second 360 to play around with I've been able to establish that the power error I mentioned a few posts up was down to the hard drive, because we get the same error if I use it on the new 360, but the freezing issues were the fault of the console, because using the old hard drive on the new 360 allows those games to be played with no problems (though I still haven't tried GTA4, the worst offender).

Just waiting on a transfer cable from Microsoft to try and copy as many saves as possible over to the 120GB hard drive rather than starting over. I don't know how successful the process is or how quick Microsoft are to ship them out though.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Macho, not sure if your in that big of a hurry for your save files. But if you have a Game Crazy or a Game Junkie near you they will let you hook up your system there and transfer your files free as long as they have a used transfer cable. Most do because after you use it once it's obsolete. You can't transfer back down to a smaller HDD nor to another 120 GB.
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!
I've not heard of either, are they both game stores? I don't believe we have them in the UK. There's really no rush though, the old hard drive works well enough and still has plenty of space for now. It will just be nice to pack all the old stuff away.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Both are game stores but since you've never heard of em, they probably only operate in the US.
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!
Even if they did exist over here I doubt I'd have one locally because it isn't that sort of area. It's a good idea though as a service. Does anybody know how reliable the transfer is? Are there any saves that don't transfer well or is it pretty flawless?

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Well, hard to say still, but after 2 weeks of some serious playing abuse between me and my ex's kids, and downloading an HD movie that took 2 days because of some crappy DSL service... The Ninjabox 360 is still very much a ninja, and a good one at that! We're talking like a first class Microsoft shinobi... Smile

I love the fact it's so quiet and has not given me a single error. Although last night I was telling my mother's husband off for turning the system off by pressing the power button while a game running.... I made this face! :mad:
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
got to watch them referb's they only good for a few months and then die again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your latest Xbox 360 game? cAtDaFeLiX 212 35,379 09-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Halo 3 - Updated with new EXP system and 750 points of new achivements! Zapix 13 1,742 10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  should i get a used x-box 360 or a new xbox 360....you tell me! gamerzwanted 10 1,961 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Attaching a larger Hard drive to a Xbox 360.... Conansr 4 2,889 07-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Last Post: orangpelupa
  Xbox 360 portable GeneralKill 10 2,194 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: sean009
  what is better xbox 360 sean009 3 1,149 03-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Last Post: GeneralKill
  Microsoft extends warranty for all Xbox 360s up to 3 years Mr. SunburnMan 14 2,396 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  xbox 360 game giveaway?? hoggle 1 7,679 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Do 360 owners still buy Xbox titles? Gabriel013 12 2,936 05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Steven Gaines
  The New Xbox Experience The Benny (Macho) 0 989 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: