Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's your latest Xbox 360 game?
In tribute to dillons massive psp thread of the same name. I'll start one here.

I picked up graw2 for $20.00 bucks brand new today (It's $29.99 reg atm). It's a sweet deal from bestbuy.ca and you can't go wrong at all lol. I mostly got it for the coop stuff.

Hopefully alot of the games I missed last year (Half Life 2: Orange Box, Mass Effect and some others are going to be cheap soon).
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
You should check EBGames these days. They're having huge sales on many games. Got 5 DS/Wii games for $50 and GH3 360 for $5 the other day.

I'm chugging along GTA4. When I'm done with this, I'll go back to the orange box.
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
Well for me it's Lego Indiana Jones, which I've commented on elsewhere. Full price, from Amazon.co.uk.

My brother got a whole bunch of 360 games last month for his birthday, and of those I've been playing lots of Stranglehold (I'm a sucker for bullet-time dives) and Bully: Scholarship Edition (which would be fantastic in a Harry Potter version. Wand duels, spell lessons, Hogsmeade, earning reputation with the different houses... Fanboytastic!).
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Well I now have GTA4 and... it freezes all the time. Originally it consistently froze after about five minutes of play so we sent the disc back to Amazon, but the replacement game freezes within seconds of entering the game world. Considering all the other games we've had to replace I imagine it's the console at fault, but replacing the games generally works (the only one which didn't was Assassin's Creed, until we bought it from another retailer).

As well as working through Bully and Stranglehold still I've started playing Viking: Battle for Asgard. It's structured a little repetitively with few enemy variations and essentially the same task over and over again but it's enjoyable enough to keep me going through it. The engine seems pretty solid too, with a decent draw distant, instant teleporting across zones with no loading times and large numbers of characters on screen at once (which I haven't personally seen in such numbers since Dead Rising).

I also received a new Lost Odyssey (it crashed at a specific point on the fourth disc) from Amazon so I can finally finish that off.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
There was a deal for a remanufactured Xbox 360 elite system at Buy.com, came with a wireless controller, and some other extras, for $199. The system has a 90 day warranty. Even at that low price, its tough to consider owning a 360, most of the comments were saying the usual, my Xbox is over in a shop more often than my home, etc. Just checking Half.com they have 1981 Xbox 360 games available, with GTA IV costing $25, so they as usual are a good place to look. Like Dillon says, in another year and a half the ps3 may just have enough games to own one, so will keep looking that direction!
It's probably worth pointing out that the more vocal people will be those with hardware failures (or even trolls, which neither side is immune to) so there's no guarantee you'll have any trouble, especially with a refurbished system (though I'd rather buy new myself).

Anyway, back on topic: My brother felt like some co-op so we played Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The new XP system (or Persistent Elite Creation) is very nice, rewarding you for single or multiplayer play and offering different rewards for different playstyles (Assault, Close Combat and Marksman), and it was nice that on launch we automatically earned XP for having Vegas 1 saves (I got more either for finishing the game or doing so on Realistic, whereas he only did a bit of multiplayer). Having the XP bar at the bottom screen gives you a nice sense of advancement, like an MMO.

I'm not sure that's going to make it feel like a proper sequel rather than a full-priced expansion pack, but the first game was enjoyable enough so even more of the same isn't too bad.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
I walked into London Drugs (I think it's sort of like Walgreens in the States) and saw Call of Duty 3 on the shelf. I was going to get COD3 before graw2, but a bud of mine wnated to do coop play with graw2 but has so far ditched me...

The website for this store is really bad for games. Stranglehold is still $74.99 (Yes, $74.99.....the old Canadian Price b4 our dollar was going up) and other titles still at full price nearly 1 to 2 years later. Skate is there is $69.99 lol.

So I pick up Call of Duty 3 box and the sticker says $19.99! Of course, this must be used. I tried finding COD3 at other stores with no luck, and amazon.com carry it for $29.99. I go over to the cash and ask the guy there if it's used.

"Nope, that's brand new."

Sweet! I'm now hooked on finding good deals lol. Big name title like Mass Effect and others are slowly dropping in price due to me waiting for them to drop. I couldn't play it yesterday but the demo I downloaded is damn sweet. Now if COD4 could drop some more in price lol. Big Grin
lol, im going for the biggest thread in the universe...:evil:

But even though I dont have an Xbox, i'll post here and boost .. Smile and help you 'try' and get close to the mighty figure of the PSP thread :lol: ..ahem, sorry.. it just went to my head there.

....any news on a new KOTOR or Battlefront game coming out? now with the ps3, its highly possible that we could get these titles on the ps3, and that would make me one happy bunny.

I must admit, i said in another post when talking to Ryan that there wasnt any 360 games i want, well i dont know if KOTOR was a 360 title or not, but i would love to play that.. so i eat my words.

also anyone playing Bad company? i started a thread about this on the main gaming bit, but i thought id ask here.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
'happy bunny' ... lol

Does it count I downloaded a free map for Halo 3 today?
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
dillonthebunny Wrote:lol, im going for the biggest thread in the universe...:evil:

But even though I dont have an Xbox, i'll post here and boost .. Smile and help you 'try' and get close to the mighty figure of the PSP thread :lol: ..ahem, sorry.. it just went to my head there.

Boooo! It's war! :boo: You and your PS3 and your sexay parties! :nosense: It's the battle of 2008! :lol:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX 360 -Falcon- still a glitchy system Zapix 28 7,524 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Last Post: lisa_qld
  should i get a used x-box 360 or a new xbox 360....you tell me! gamerzwanted 10 1,964 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Attaching a larger Hard drive to a Xbox 360.... Conansr 4 2,891 07-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Last Post: orangpelupa
  Xbox 360 portable GeneralKill 10 2,197 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: sean009
  what is better xbox 360 sean009 3 1,152 03-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Last Post: GeneralKill
  halo charity game hoggle 1 1,240 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Microsoft extends warranty for all Xbox 360s up to 3 years Mr. SunburnMan 14 2,397 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  xbox 360 game giveaway?? hoggle 1 7,680 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Do 360 owners still buy Xbox titles? Gabriel013 12 2,944 05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Steven Gaines
  The New Xbox Experience The Benny (Macho) 0 990 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: