Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's your latest Xbox 360 game?
dillonthebunny Wrote:is beyond good and evil on the 360?

According to Wiki, the original was on the XBOX (and PS2), and the second one being made will be on the 360 (and the PS3)
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I never finished Dead Rising, was at GameStop and bought it off someone trading it for 5 bucks! Watched Dawn of the Dead the other day and wanted to smash some zombies so...
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!
Played some SEGA Superstars Tennis with the family yesterday and it was quite fun. None of us are sports fanatics so for once there was nobody who was much better than the others (a problem with every quiz or minigame game we've played), and the controls are simple enough and the characters fun enough that it makes the experience enjoyable.

The starting roster - Sonic, Tails, AiAi, Beat, Ulala, Robotnik, Amigo and Nights - wasn't particularly impressive, even when compared with similar games put out by Nintendo that are purely based on the Mario characters, and especially when compared to something like Smash Brothers. It was interesting to see because back in the SNES/Genesis generation I thought SEGA and Nintendo were fairly comparable, but in terms of strong, lasting characters Nintendo really wins out. I'm glad they didn't just opt for a Sonic game though; Big the Cat and Cream really would not have added to the game...

The other main disappointment was that only player one seems to earn achievements. Regardless of your opinion of achievements, a local, competitive multiplayer game like this is the ideal place for them.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
picked up SOUL CALIBUR IV last week for the 360, and to note... I picked up RATCHET AND CLANK TOD for the PS3 at the same time! Smile
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

I got Soul Calibur IV the other day but I haven't played it yet. I have watched my brother playing and Yoda looks quite annoying, in the vein of Dr. Boskonovitch or Gon from Tekken (or even Eddie/Tiger/Christie, to an extent), characters who spend most of their time low, stopping all grabs and a lot of high hits.

It was quite amusing to see that technically Yoda's story fits in with the Star Wars canon. Vader's probably wouldn't fit quite so well, unless there's an Extended Universe book somewhere detailing his rampages with the two legendary swords...
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Yoda is so far the ONLY character I've beaten the game with on ARCADE. He's just so small he's hard to hit, and bouncing around STAR WARS III style just makes it even harder.

I agree on Vader, but then maybe he'll go back and take Luke's other hand this time, or clobber Obi Wan with a huge sword. ...

I'm not impressed with Soul Calibur IV, and as my first into the franchise, I'll stick with DOA or Tekken. I do however as I've mentioned elsewhere, enjoy SCIV for the fact you can create your own characters. I've gone on a bit of a rampage creating all my old AD&D characters!

Have yet to play it online, but I will soon get to that now that I'm home again!

Got Saints Row today. It reminds me of a lower scale gta san andreas. Car controls suck but it seems to be ok for now. Can't go wrong for $19.99 lol
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
I've always preferred Tekken to the Soul games, the characters seem more varied and interesting and the storylines aren't all obsessed with the swords. Tekken has all these crazy plots dancing around the central Mishima feuding, even if most of them don't turn out to be real any more (unless it's Heihachi, Kazuya or Jin). I did really enjoy Soul Edge though, the storylines clicked with me more than they have in any of the Calibur games I've played.

But I say that as somebody who thinks storylines matter in a one-on-one fighting game.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Soul Calibur's character creator definitely looks robust, with some decent creations popping up over the web. It's a feature I'm surprised hasn't become popular sooner, being one of the things I love about wrestling games, and for a proper fighting game it's even simpler because you're just copying the movesets of existing characters.

Going back to one of my comments here over a month ago:

The Benny (Macho) Wrote:I've started playing Viking: Battle for Asgard. It's structured a little repetitively with few enemy variations and essentially the same task over and over again but it's enjoyable enough to keep me going through it. The engine seems pretty solid too, with a decent draw distant, instant teleporting across zones with no loading times and large numbers of characters on screen at once (which I haven't personally seen in such numbers since Dead Rising).

Finally completed the game yesterday and the repetition I mentioned really weighs it down. You start off on one island (essentially the first of the game's three huge levels) where you're introduced to all the tasks ahead of you - solo combat, rescuing soldiers and settlements, summoning a dragon and huge battles - then the next island is the same thing, only there's more of it and they add a new enemy type or two, then the third and final island involves all the same tasks again, with more of the harder enemies and much more to do before you can progress.

The final battle involves another huge assault of the final stronghold, then a huge tower of the same enemies over and over again, then a final pre-boss fight that functions as a micro version of the battles you've spent the whole game doing (but with an added layer of annoyance), fighting the same enemies again, with the actual boss being essentially identical to one of the game's rarer enemies.

I still do like the engine, with its ability to handle huge numbers of characters on screen and being able to teleport around the place with no loading. There's lots of potential to the game and I had lots of fun with it, but it really could have done with much more variation. I was just bored of the combat by the end, and having done all there is to do (including all the achievements) I don't think there's going to be any reason to go back to the game.

It does mean that I'm going to start working through a new game now (I try not to have too many on the go at once). First I'm going to work through Braid, then it's either going to be a solo save of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on realistic (I've only done it co-op on normal), or I might even start GTAIV.
Third post in a row, yeah!

I encountered an odd bug in Stranglehold yesterday. I'm playing on hard and the enemies are doing lots of damage so some bits are taking a lot of tries to get through. On one level though I found they weren't hitting me at all and I was suddenly tearing through it without incident, and finding myself not running out of ammo with the shotgun as fast (it only has 12 shots).

After a while I noticed the ammo wasn't actually decreasing at all and my health wasn't always full because the enemies were missing me but because I was invincible. I was walking right up to enemies, throwing a grenade in their face and coming away unscathed. It continued like that for maybe a quarter of the level, when I suddenly lost my invincibility right as I was running recklessly towards a large group of enemies...

The game itself is lots of fun, like the Max Payne games that inspired the gameplay, though it would be better with PC controls (some of the precision moments are much more suited to a mouse). There are some questionable checkpoints too, with a lot of levels having a long, drawn-out but fairly simple bit to get through followed by a trickier bit that takes a few tries, with death sending you all the way back to before the long part. Slogging all the way through the easy part over and over just to repeatedly die on the tricky bit is something I would dearly love to never see in games again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX 360 -Falcon- still a glitchy system Zapix 28 7,501 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Last Post: lisa_qld
  should i get a used x-box 360 or a new xbox 360....you tell me! gamerzwanted 10 1,961 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Attaching a larger Hard drive to a Xbox 360.... Conansr 4 2,889 07-05-2008, 04:37 AM
Last Post: orangpelupa
  Xbox 360 portable GeneralKill 10 2,194 06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Last Post: sean009
  what is better xbox 360 sean009 3 1,149 03-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Last Post: GeneralKill
  halo charity game hoggle 1 1,239 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Microsoft extends warranty for all Xbox 360s up to 3 years Mr. SunburnMan 14 2,396 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  xbox 360 game giveaway?? hoggle 1 7,679 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Do 360 owners still buy Xbox titles? Gabriel013 12 2,936 05-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Steven Gaines
  The New Xbox Experience The Benny (Macho) 0 989 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: