virus infection on main page
There's a virus-trojan attack coming off the main page, related to one of the ad websites.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
God I love firefox. I haven't had a single one of those problems since i started using it. You controllers of the internet tubes should really get that taken care of though.
Heh, I've seen more virus infections in recent times from ads and so on. These advertisement companies need to stay on the ball with this kind of thing.

Fortunately, I use Kaspersky anti virus which honestly for the last 8 years has protected me flawlessly unlike McAfee and Nortons... I still remember getting hit by the Win32/CIH virus, on my girlfriend's (well, now ex) computer we shared!

Anyways, I haven't see it again since PSXE has been fixed, so that's good news.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I used to use those big "security suite" programs, but I kept getting infections, I switched to Avast and ZoneAlarm and haven't had an issue since. Free software is the way to go.
My dad got a job with Eset so I've been using NOD 32 which works great. Shadow, I recommend you actually switch to something else, I don't know about you but Zonealarm used to be a real pain in the ass. Slowed my computer down like Norton or McCafee does. If it's fine though, good for you.
I absolutely love ZoneAlarm. The only thing I dislike is that they try to upsell you to one of their premium packages a lot but I don't mind it. Amazing program. I reccomend it to everyone. Comodo is another free firewall it is very similar to ZA but it has some issues still. It slowed my PC down and wouldn't give certain programs internet access but it has potential. I've run ZoneAlarm on 7 different PCs and never had an issue that couldn't be fixed with some preference tweaks. Thanks for the suggestion but you might want to give ZoneAlarm another chance.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Nah no thanks, it really screwed with my computer. Maybe it's because I don't have a dual core but it was being a real bitch about it. Takes 3x as much ram as NOD 32 as well.
I don't mean to argue but that is really odd. You certainly don't need a dual core processor. Up until 4 months ago I was running it on a 1.3 GHz pntium 4 with 512 mb of ram.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Every computer I ever tried it on, Zonealarm slowed it down. My computer isn't anything amazing by any means, but it still plays newer games.

2.8 ghz
1.5 GB ram
Radeon 1650 XT
wierd. that's all I can say. at least you found something that does work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home page virus attack!??! psplayer 4 997 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  xboxnerds page broken Gabriel013 1 766 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Last Post: psxextreme
  Is the main PSXE website broken? Gabriel013 2 978 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Virus on psxextreme.com? dandan 0 1,260 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Main page: where do you live pop up dillonthebunny 0 788 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Would a game interest gauge on the front page get more people talking? opsdaddy 0 728 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Question about commenting on the front page articles Powershifter 0 2,580 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  AD's on the Main Site mackid1993 0 2,743 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Embedding Forum activity to the main page cLoudou 0 1,599 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Can't access the main site Sir Shak 0 2,222 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: