Let's get this forum more active
I know that I'm new to this forum, but I think it is obvious that we need to get more people signed up and using these forums, the low number of people is what kept me from signing up for so long. So I'm starting this thread as a kind of open forum to discuss ways to get this community larger and in turn more active. I don't have any particular ideas or anything though. So guys am I crazy? or do I have a point? Feel free to make any and all suggestions. Then then the rest of us can build on them and hopefully put some ideas into action.
I was thinking about it and I got two ideas.

!. let's make more topics, if we make more topics more people may want to join in the conversations.
2. The guys that run the news portion of the site need to start doing something to push a lot of the people involved with the comments towards joining and getting involved on the forums.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
It was interesting to see the comment community pop up as soon as the feature was enabled, as if they had the urge to comment on the news but didn't feel like clicking through to a message board for it.

I'm not sure what could be done to encourage forum use though. Small, low-activity forums are not very appealing to newcomers.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
personally i think that theres more and more people dropping by the main page these days and not entering the main forums.

maybe.. the answer is to make the registration for the main page include the forums too? that way they wouldnt need to sign up twice?

im sure most of the time some people cant be arsed to sign up twice to the same site...?
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
because PSXextreme uses VBulletin forums I don't think that signing up once is possible. I do think we should figure out some way of pushing the commenters and those that visit the news section towards joining the forum. I'm not sure how though.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Maybe the return of the Babe of the Year thread.....maybe. :uhoh:

:evil:
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
Haha Yes
Add me on the PSN: chrizzizzippi
Stalk me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrizzizzippi
Deep thoughts are deep:http://chrislovesoma.tumblr.com/
Yeah and after seeing some of the dogs that Jessica Alba has been in movie wise the past few years it would be hard to appreciate her as much as i used to........ Sad but there are always others, including Transformer chick!!!
I don't think the transformer chick could be included in a babe of the year thread because she hasn't been in a movie since last summer. (I think.)
Having read a lot of the news comments I think we may be better off without a lot of them. That's a problem with bigger forums in that you just end up with a higher proportion idiots.

I agree with cAt that a babe thread would bring some interest.

In fairness, I can see a benefit to attracting more contributors as I think we have seen a drop off in the veterans over the past 12 months or so and we have had a few decent people join recently but I do think we need to be careful how wide we cast our net.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To condense the forum or not? dillonthebunny 30 16,961 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Forum FAQ Ryan H. 67 23,217 04-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: robodaddy-o
  Off Topic Forum baseballdude_ 4 1,018 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  multimedia, PS3 and the forum. Russell Burrows 0 700 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Russell Burrows
  why doesn't this website have a for sale/wanted forum thingy? aaronleo 0 870 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Not for forum, but for site dandan 0 922 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is wrong with this forum? Ryan H. 0 907 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  To condense forum or not? Arnold K. (Admin) 0 13,017 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Linking to my forum in my sig Ryan H. 0 664 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  the forum seems to be a lil fubar right now... accord 4 me 0 879 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: