Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone playing Bad Company?
...just wondered?

most of you who I have on the PSN.. well, youre not playing it (lol) so I wondered for those of you who arent on my psn.. you playing it?

and if not, why not? :lol:

I think a lot of people have been put off becuase they think its to much like CoD4, but imo its not.. theres certainly enough room for Cod and BF:BC in my collection.

I know I have slagged off EA, vowed never to buy another EA game as long as i live, im well aware of what ive said. and i stand by it, pretty much. And as far as im concerend this was made by DICE.

So far i havent brought any weps, and i refuse too.. everything i have got is because either I have earned it or registered as a vet and got a couple of free weapons that way.

anyway, yeh... its pretty goid. I would of thought at somepoint a review will be coming as its a rather big game.

single player is decent, although ive only spent an hour+ so far on it, been spending all my time online.
With you being able to go to the Battlefield website and view your whole online history, thats pretty damn cool.. let alone this whole photo/ snapshot that you can take in the middle of a battle then view online... i missed that trick!

so.. anyone going to take part in war?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
With Resistance 2, Gears 2, maybe some Socom, Far Cry 2, my shooter list is full for this year. I'm already thinking about buying the Sony headset separate and just renting Socom until Resistance 2 comes out. Not enough time to play them all, plus all the other titles I'll be buying. I played the demo and thought it was just okay. The destructible environments were cool, but it's a pass for me. Also right now I just keep finding myself drifting back to Call of Duty 4's multiplayer... it's just so damn good.
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!
thats fair enough, you see i drifted away from Cod4.. mainly because it was taking between 10 and 20 mins to get the game list up, and at times it would freeze up altogether and i wouldnt notice until 40 mins had passed and i knew it had died on me..

also buying BC was easy because I loved BF2: MC, although in Bad Company for some weird reason you cant go prone.. apparently DICE said that if you went prone as a sniper, you would be invisible.. eh, hello.. yeh!

but i agree, for me if Cod4 online was working as well as it used to, then i would still be playing it right now.
I doubt i will ever sell it, because Cod online is so very different from BFBC online, i dont feel too much like a traitor, :lol:

still weird why its my connection and no one else seems to of had the same problems with CoD... really odd.

Socom looks good, although i hope its not like WarHawk and only online..

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

Sorry Dilly but Socom is exactly like Warhawk. Online only, sold with a bundled headset for the disc copy or purchased separately off the Network. I myself definitely must have that headset but the game itself is just a pitstop until Socom 4 comes out. This one is being made by Slant Six while Zipper works on the "real" next gen version. That's why I'll probably only be renting this one because I've always invested ALOT of time to Socom online. I actually already got rid of GT5P for the same reason, it's merely a pitstop until the real game comes out.

I'll probably still pick it up myself though.. never really got in to Socom, so i would like to this time i think.
Ive always wanted to like Socom, but i joined late in Socom2, and the clan base was so heavy that i was always a n00b, no matter how much i played, but this time around i will get in early! lol

you got rid of GT5p? im going to hold on til GT5 comes i think, i dont play it much recently, but i hear theres some good stuff coming, i dont want to miss out on it. I sold my Burnout, and now look.. Bikes, Planes!! what next?!?! i may have to buy that back at a good price i think.

I really didn't play it as much as I thought I would for some reason, and I got almost full price back for it. I think Paradise might have already dropped in price.

I really liked Resistance and it sorta took over the Socom spot as favorite Sony shooter, after the looooong drought after Socom 2. I didn't like Socom 3 /Combined Assault nearly as much as the original or 2. I really have high hopes for Resistance 2, everything I read and see about it looks better and better.

Now when Socom 4 comes out it'll be a different story, I'm gonna be all over that one.

I got the Bad Company demo and thought it was ok though it seems more frantic than CoD4. I might pick it up but GRiD is my next purchase (might even get it for my birthday).

I'll give socom a miss. Bought Warhawk about a week after release and have maybe played it a handful of hours. Not good value for money.

I still have one darn race to complete on GT5p Sad
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Hows the camera control on the PS3 for it? Maybe I'll download the PS3 demo. I played the 360 demo, and it just felt loose and unrefined. Had a hard time targeting.

The game itself seemed to be built on sarcasm and witty humor, which was executed quite well. I found myself laughing through the menus, and some of the character comments. Unique to be able to... Drive through buildings... LOL

The health item thing I wasn't crazy enough. Somehow I felt like I was playing an old style shooter. With my horrible gaming talents, I could see myself struggling with the game.

IF my ex ends up picking it up though, liking the camera and health or not, I'll end up picking it up. Would have been today if her bf didn't put his bank account into a hole.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Mista Wrote:Sorry Dilly but Socom is exactly like Warhawk. Online only, sold with a bundled headset for the disc copy or purchased separately off the Network. I myself definitely must have that headset but the game itself is just a pitstop until Socom 4 comes out. This one is being made by Slant Six while Zipper works on the "real" next gen version. That's why I'll probably only be renting this one because I've always invested ALOT of time to Socom online. I actually already got rid of GT5P for the same reason, it's merely a pitstop until the real game comes out.

I did not know that Zipper were working on SOCOM 4!?
When is this coming out? Do you know?
"Tina come get some ham!"

3 Forum Tokens
They announced that awhile ago when they announced that Zipper wasn't the developer of Confrontation. They said they were handing the reigns over to them while they were concentrating on Socom 4. Slant six did tactical Assault and I believe the Syphon filter games on PSP. It won't be released until late 2009... hopefully.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing Right Now? dillonthebunny 5,625 511,418 09-11-2018, 07:41 AM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 5,216 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,565 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  EA= bad news for Bad Company? dillonthebunny 11 2,134 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,776 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,513 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,637 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,443 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 2,008 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,774 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142