Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Game Recomendations?
As some people are aware of i bought my PS3 last wednesday.
Im COMPLETELY new to the next-gen gaming.
i got Metal Gear Solid 4 and Burnout Paradise.
i wanna get a game tomorrow, but i just dont know what to get...
i like everything from DragonBall to Call of Duty.
i was kinda thinking Call Of Duty 4...but iunno
Anybody Recomends something good?
I wouldn't bother with CoD4 just because something like Resistance 2 isn't too far away.

I think you should check out Uncharted, Heavenly Sword (if you think it's worth the money), Ratchet and clank. I also am quite partial to stuntman, it's pretty cheap and if you have a decent setup it sounds and looks fantastic. Also if GTA IV is your thing you should check it out, though it's not as good as San Andreas IMO.

I haven't played a lot of it but I hear Folklore is pretty good, can't personally back it as I haven't played through it.

So it really depends on what sort of games you're looking for first.
added notes: put the game titles in bold, read around em if you want a detail or two maybe.

Personally I love CoD4, although I play it on the 360, so I wouldn't be able to play with ya there. I didn't care much for Resistance, as I played the demo. The second one I can't speak for, but I still say CoD4 is a solid, very good game. Worth every penny if you're into FPS games, especially playing online.

Devil May Cry 4 was a great game, definately my second favorite single-player game this year, with MGS4 running away with 1st like a bat out of hell breaking the sound barrier, and passing Kimi and Lewis for the win! :W:

Unreal Tournament III on PS3 is fun, and there's endless amounts of user created content to download and add in.

Just about everyone I know likes Warhawk, and I think it's decent, but I don't quite get why everyone thinks it's so great. Fun though, and if you can find the retail version, you'll walk away with a bluetooth headset for the PS3 (and a cellphone if you want to use it with that) with it. Good deal right there!

Aside from those...

If you like first person RPGs, the type where you run around dungeons and stuff slashing everything in sight, interacting with everything, I think Oblivion was a blast. I didn't put it down for a good 70 hours, then I ran into the Game of The Year Edition glitch... The week long pause while I waited for the original version that I bought on ebay for $10 was enough to kill it... Haven't played much since. Oblivion is very split though. Some love, others hate it.

I also thought Genji: Days of The Blade was alright. I guess it had horrible reviews, but I had fun with it. Controls are a little blocky and poor at times, but I still enjoyed it.

GranTurismo5 Prologue is fun, but you might want to hold out for the complete game sometime next year. Amazing driving game though, nothing like it if you ask me.

on driving/racing games, there are some claims, Wipeout HD will be out this thursday, although with the way Sony is, I don't expect to see it till I'm in adult diapers, and the PS9 is being phased out to make way for the PS10. SONY LAG.... Alot of people might go and bash Fatal Inertia EX, but I bought it and like it. Far better than the 360 version. The demo if you download it should give you a little sample of it.

Not a GTA fan myself, but I did enjoy playing GTAIV. The expansive city and all was pretty well done. Worth owning if you ask me.

Aside from those, can't really say much. I have a few other games for the PS3, but nothing I'd really suggest to anyone except maybe Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but I'd go with Devil May Cry 4 over that.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I honestly didn't buy DMC4 on principle. Maybe if you are a huge fan or haven't played much of the other ones, but I hated the idea of buying half a game and playing it twice with a different character. That, and I was just sort of sick of it I guess. Thought the first one was amazing, and the 3rd one was just... eh.
Ratchet and Clank Future, Uncharted, Oblivion, and GTAIV are absolute must plays. COD4 is great if you plan on getting into the online portion if not then skip it.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
GRiD is worth picking up. Play have a special addition available £10 cheaper than the standard version.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
at the moment im enjoying Bad Company.. I would say that Cod is good too.

if you want an online FPS.. go with one of those!

if its single player storyline and not war your after in an FPS.. the Orange Box or Oblivion.

racing its got to be with GRiD or GT5p... or why not a cheapie and go for RR7?

fighting i would go with Tekken off the store until Soul Calibur comes out.

if sandbox kill kill is your thing then go for GTA4 ..great game! but if you dont like that sort of thing then Mercs 2 is out in a few weeks.

theres loads to choose from.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Didn't know you had GRiD Dillon? What is it like online?
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
no i dont, just played the demo... but i hear onlines good!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
dillonthebunny Wrote:at the moment im enjoying Bad Company.. I would say that Cod is good too.

if you want an online FPS.. go with one of those!

if its single player storyline and not war your after in an FPS.. the Orange Box or Oblivion.

racing its got to be with GRiD or GT5p... or why not a cheapie and go for RR7?

fighting i would go with Tekken off the store until Soul Calibur comes out.

if sandbox kill kill is your thing then go for GTA4 ..great game! but if you dont like that sort of thing then Mercs 2 is out in a few weeks.

theres loads to choose from.

PSSST, you forgot Burnout Paradise. Which I would totally buy if the price dropped.

Edit: Nevermind he already has it. Seriously, it sucks that you can't delete your own posts. Now I must live with the shame of this retarded message, lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Playstation game of all time? Ryan H. 61 18,109 04-18-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: frostface
  The very last PS2 game to launch on 3/27/13 BikerSaint 1 8,192 07-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Aerofan
  What's your latest Xbox 360 game? cAtDaFeLiX 212 52,950 09-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  What's Your Favorite PS2 Game? Luan 21 10,381 01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: setlogix
  The best downloadable game is being released on the VC today Mr. SunburnMan 8 3,637 02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Xeele
  What's the best PS3 game so far in 2008? baseballdude_ 14 3,497 08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Next PSN Game. Luan 4 1,870 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Game for Kids? dandan 9 2,942 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Last Post: farfus
  In-Game XMB and Trophies confirmed for 2.40 by PS Blog FallenClyro 0 1,432 06-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Last Post: FallenClyro
  Game Boy Color Discussion Kid 0 1,656 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Kid