Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF7 coming to 360? Fair/Unfair. Betrayal/Hate. What emotions/thoughts about this?
So yeah for those of you who have either read Ben's article about ff7-2 or just thinking about the thought of ff7 going multiplatform or (yes this is the last or) just thinking about announcement about this ff7 announcement. Then this is my attempt to having a discussion about it until we finally hear the annoucement (can anyone tell me again when that is?). Ready. Set. Go.
so here's my thought on the multiplatform aspect of all of this. I really feel like ff7 is sony's flagship. And yes though it is made by the third party Square i feel like this is Sony's halo, or Nintendo's Mario. It just can't go multi. Like i said in Ben's article, this is going to be bigger than ff13 going multi. I get the whole westward expansion the whole being neutral but this going to the xbox is like a huge huge slap in the face. So yeah that's about it going multi.
As for what it could be, then i'm like idk don't really care. I'd love to see either a remake or a sequel. Both should definitely sell well and both should be great. And if they make a remake then i think that some sort of sequel would also be planned. So here's to ff7, (everyone raises their buster sword).
Final Fantasy 7. I agree that at one point it was the Mario of Sony. But this was before Sony had any internal development. FF7 appeared in a time where it was VASTLY superior to any other game on the market. Hence everyone had to try it. If we ignore all the horrible attempts to turn FF7 into a series (Dirge of Cerberus, I'm looking at you) it was a one shot deal (two if you include Crisis Core which met with mixed reviews). Mario has 10+ games (not including the kart or sports series). Halo has spawned 3 games with 2 (plus the unconfirmed Peter Jackson one) more on the way. So to compare FF7 to those is a tad crazy.

Sony's flagship game now isn't just one game. Sony's first party development is the best in the business at combining great games with with unique ideas (unlike MS) and original IPs (unlike Nintendo). And they have prooven their skill across all the easy genres (action-Uncharted, FPS-Resistance, Platformer-Ratchet and Clank) and are not afraid to experiment with the "hard" genres (MMO-The Agency, Artistic-FlOWer, and community based games-Little Big Planet). Sony may not "hit" with every game they make but they do on most, and as far as I can tell they are more willing to try out new ideas than the other Big 2. From where I'm sitting I don't think Sony needs FF VII exclusively and I don't think they should expect it.

JRPG's in America are not a hugely popular genre. If Square has any hopes of recouping the costs a true FFVII remake would cost I don't think they can do it without releasing the game on 360. I also think that they need to do a remake and then go for a sequel. That way you can just use the same engine and you can take advantage of the cult following that FFVII has gained and bring in a whole new generation of gamers (myself included) who didn't play the game when it first came out. If they were to only release the sequel the cult following would definitely still buy it but much of the new generation would get alienated by not knowing the back story of it all.

I would love to keep going on but I'm saving the rest for my book.:lol:
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Double Post will a mod please delete?
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Quote:"And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen to have a character in their right hand or on their foreheads and that no man might buy or sell but he hath the character or the name of the beast or the number of his name. And his servants shall announce a sequel to the seventh of the final of fantasies, and its number shall be three hundred and sixty."
I predict that if it does happen the world will in fact keep spinning, despite the evidence. Square do what suits them financially, which is really the only way to do things, especially as costs spiral just to keep making the same kinds of games.

As I said in one of the other threads, FFVII was released on the PC not long after its Playstation launch and the FF series has been on the GameBoy Advance, DS, GameCube, PC, Wii and 360 since FFVII was released, in addition to the NES/SNES roots. It's one of the more multiplatform franchises out there outside of shovelware, even if specific games have been seen as exclusives.

People would get over the shock of a 360 FFVII game fairly quickly, then realise that more people get to play it, Square make more money and we're all guaranteed more games. That's even assuming it turns out to be the case, with Square making vague comments about it redressing the balance towards Sony.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Wasn't this topic beaten to death before? :nosense:
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
Ben put a fresh article up about why a sequel is inevitable, which of course spawns fresh discussion. It's the kind of thing guaranteed to get people talking on the main site, along with anything mentioning console exclusives or how non-exclusives should be made on the PS3 first.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
I think FF7 will come to X360 if its a total remake because it would be like re-doing the whole beginning again. So it would be like a brand new start if you know what I mean and I would see that coming to PS3 and X360. If it is a sequal then I see it on PS3 only as everything FF7 orientated is on Playstation.
As Im a X360 fanboy, I own a PS1 and PS2 and Loved FF7 and still own my copy of the game no matter how scratched it is. I would prefer to see a remake of the original killer classic and see it spread to the wider console auidence.
[Image: ff13pic1.jpg]
If Square is smart they will make it available to both ps2 and ps3, why cordone off a huge part of their base by just making it for ps3 and 360? And as we have stated several times recently and in the past the third party exclusives are becoming extinct due to companies needing to make enough money to even stay in business. The video gaming industry is one of the few still making a good profit, but one thing we do know about Square/Enix is even if they stick with one format (they used to be exclusive to Nintendo) eventually they will move to another in time. No company can stay committed to one company unless that company is making it very well worth their while... Square lost millions on their crap movie 7 years ago it wouldnt surprise me by anything they do nowadays...
Solid_Strife91 Wrote:I think FF7 will come to X360 if its a total remake because it would be like re-doing the whole beginning again. So it would be like a brand new start if you know what I mean and I would see that coming to PS3 and X360. If it is a sequal then I see it on PS3 only as everything FF7 orientated is on Playstation.
As Im a X360 fanboy, I own a PS1 and PS2 and Loved FF7 and still own my copy of the game no matter how scratched it is. I would prefer to see a remake of the original killer classic and see it spread to the wider console auidence.

now you spelled Sequel AND audience wrong...WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WOORRLLLDDDDD!!!!

well either way, im not a PS3 fanboy...cos im my opinion i think 360 should actually get Final Fantasy VII...but god i hate Microsoft and the 360 unit...people think im a PS3 fanboy cos i hate the 360 so much...
either way...the more final fantasy fans the happier i am...id love to see some online Multiplayer thing going on with a FFVII remake or FFXIII...but whatever...

lets just hope FFXIV isnt exclusive to the Wii

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dead Redemption 2 - Your thoughts? frostface 17 204 11-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: frostface
  Square Exix Betrayal! Zapix 63 6,168 08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Your thoughts on E3? Superjew 36 3,697 07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
  My hate for nintendo is increasing everyday! PlaystationFan 28 2,318 04-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Last Post: jumbo
  Thoughts on Mafia? Voice 7 1,030 03-30-2004, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Voice
  Unreal Championship 2 coming this fall. jumbo 1 870 03-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  Jak 3 and Ratchet and Clank 3 coming this fall. bigloser 6 1,086 03-18-2004, 01:21 AM
  Street Fighter III: Third Strike Coming to PS2 Jordahn 3 1,198 03-15-2004, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Strider_Hiryu
  Silent hill 4 also coming to the xbox.. bigloser 13 1,649 01-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Jordahn
  Gta A New One Coming Out Soon??? bmxstud15 14 2,126 01-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Last Post: HannibleL316