Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InFamous
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:G4 have a five minute bit of InFamous gameplay footage (HD here, SD here) that has been doing the rounds. Some sites are loving it while others are less enfused.

Personally I thought it looked great. The lightning power is either awkward to aim or the person playing is no good at the game (which either way seems odd to show off), but it looks like another spin on Crackdown's superhero sandbox, trading crazy leaps and guns for more robust climbing and lightning powers.

Granted, the character looks fairly generic (though not as chunky as some) and there was one bit where the player seemed to be fighting with the camera, but generally I was impressed. I'm not sure about having to ride the trains to traverse the city though, if that's the primary way to get from place to place it could get old fairly quickly. What does everybody else think?
as far as i seen the game looks awesome.. i'm picking this game up on first day.. i think they said the game will be releasing in june which is good for me because normally there isn't to many games in the summer.. but this game will be something different for the ps3..:rox:
Prototype seems like it would be awesome for about 15 minutes. But it reminds me of playing GTA with all the cheats turned on, it just gets old after a while.

Infamous, on the other hand, looks like a game i could get into. it's not as chaotic, and I like the idea of gradual power increases. I like the exploration aspects also. The game just seems a little more grounded, for my taste anyway.
Superjew Wrote:What are they going to do about rain? That's what I want to know.

Oooo, now that I have not thought about... makes for some interesting limitations for our protagonist. Maybe more difficult enemies will have water-based attacks... interesting thought, Superjew :yawn:
The PS blog has revealed that inFamous is set for June, with a demo coming at an unannounced date. I'm still looking forward to this, even if it's mainly due to the Crackdown vibe I keep getting off of it.
I think there are more variations of the electric powers than the ones shown in the video . There was a video in which Cole jumped from a roof and used his power to glide to the gound .
I know that I am way late to the party but I just got around to playing inFAMOUS for the first time and hot damn is this game fun. I pulled myself away so that I can hang out with the kids a bit as they're trying to stay up past midnight. Silly little ones.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I am stuck at a side mission because I SUCK ASS at trying to aim at the enemies and trying to take them down. This is why I'm not a fan of FPS because I'm not good at using the right stick to 'aim' while I'm trying to move my character. I really wish I was better at these games so that I can get the full experience and satisfaction of completing games. Ah well, I still have fun trying and if I get frustrated enough, I just quit the game and move on to another one. Happy freakin' New Year, everybody. Ahoy!
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
robodaddy-o Wrote:I know that I am way late to the party but I just got around to playing inFAMOUS for the first time and hot damn is this game fun. I pulled myself away so that I can hang out with the kids a bit as they're trying to stay up past midnight. Silly little ones.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I am stuck at a side mission because I SUCK ASS at trying to aim at the enemies and trying to take them down. This is why I'm not a fan of FPS because I'm not good at using the right stick to 'aim' while I'm trying to move my character. I really wish I was better at these games so that I can get the full experience and satisfaction of completing games. Ah well, I still have fun trying and if I get frustrated enough, I just quit the game and move on to another one. Happy freakin' New Year, everybody. Ahoy!

I wouldn't quit inFamous if I were you, it got pretty damn hard for me but you can learn from your deaths pretty easily at least. When an approach isn't working you just need a new one, and like most bosses, the big baddies have a pattern of behavior that can be learned. If you haven't already heard of the ending it is worth the difficulty.
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
I haven't heard anything about the ending. I stayed away, on purpose, because I really want to go through this game and finish it. I'll get back to it this weekend.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
i got this game when it came out and i loved every minute of it!! i even started to play it again on hard and on the evil cole but stopped because other games came out.
but im glad to say i have restarted the game and i have nearly beat it again but bloody hell its hard when your getting shot from every angle lol and i may even get my first platinum trophie from this game!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Infamous screens ! Sir Shak 0 822 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Infamous karma system hands-on Sir Shak 0 1,828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  OPM UK reviews inFamous Sir Shak 0 1,804 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  terminator vs infamous herukuti 0 1,808 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFAMOUS Bonus cd soundtrack and making of daniod 0 1,699 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFAMOUS reviewed ! Sir Shak 0 2,495 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I Got The InFamous SuperPower Code Early treezy504 0 1,661 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFamous Live Chat it up LegendaryWolfeh 0 1,727 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFamous demo on EU PSN The Benny (Macho) 0 3,343 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  infamous herukuti 0 2,417 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: