Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics
Well since Ben said to take it to the forums. I might as well do just that. I bought Lions War for the PSP and love it, I am trying to max out my characters at the moment. I remember I started out chapter IV with 5 characters who were all over level 90. I still have not finished the story yet even though I have five level 99 characters with Chaos Blades. HAHA. And Kind of on that note Disgaea. I know they remade the original for the PSP and I was bored yesterday so I went to the store and I found it, 1 copy in my town. So i snagged it and now own another (from what I have heard) great Strategy RPG.
As a big FF fan i personally couldn't stand this game, when it was released in the UK on the PSP i bought & was horribly disapointed. There was no free roaming just setting up your characters for battle. It may just be the Ivalice world because FF12 disapointed me to, with no real story or character development (Apart from Balthier, Who kept me going), it got painfully repetitive, no story clips just on field to the next with the occasional town or long winded temeple. but as for FFT i gave it back to the shop & got FF2 instead which really enjoy.
Love the PSP game but I barely play it. I don't ever go on trips anymore so i never use my PSP. It's a shame really.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
It remains my favorite game of all time, even after around 500 hours of play time over the span of 11 years since its release. Wink

Ironically enough, I had to be convinced to buy it when it came out. It just didn't seem like my type of game; I liked standard, traditional RPGs, and I really wasn't into the likes of Tactics Ogre or something like that. But I just fell in love with FFT and never looked back. FFVII is my favorite RPG of all time, but overall, it's gotta be Tactics. Orlandu, a Geomancer with Summon, a Ninja with Punch Art, a Lancer with Throw, and a Wizard with Math Skill FTW!!! :rox:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Can anyone explain what the tactics series is. Either the one for the PSP or ps1. Cause I'm just a bit confused as to what either of them are, like their settings, characters, and gameplay.
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
Its set in Ivalice, The world of FF12
I own FFT, but never really got around to playing it much. I liked what I played though, it's probably my favorite FF spinoff type game. I only own the PS1 version though. I know the PSP one was really really well received.

Also, what is the exact point of this topic? It kinda trailed off to disgaea, is this just a thread to talk about FFT? That's what I'm getting but I'm just not really sure, there was no question posed.
Chimeran92 Wrote:Can anyone explain what the tactics series is. Either the one for the PSP or ps1. Cause I'm just a bit confused as to what either of them are, like their settings, characters, and gameplay.

It's a strat/RPG like Disgaea, although in my opinion, about a million times better. It's very story driven, and the characters are quite important. You move around on a map and enter into battles that way; there's no actual exploring like you might find in a standard RPG. Very linear, but you can always go anywhere on the map where there's an open path, and that means you can power up like mad with random battles. Wink
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
The PS1 and PSP Final Fantasy Tactics, is the same game. But the PSP have some extra content like animated cut scenes, more Job skills (Dark Knight & Onion Knight) plus some extra fighting sequences that I won't spoil here.

The characters are build up good, you fallow Ramza and his friends to fight for justice and everyone is backstabbing eachother. I call it "the backstabbing marathon" the story is the best I have played in a game, and I really really want some sort of sequal to this game.

The gameboy advance and DS versions are not sequals of this game, I have only played the first one "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" for GBA while the one for NDS is called "Final Fantasy Tactics A2"

They are kiddie versions of original, as you can't die there you just break the "law" and is sendt to jail. Which is obvious because of GBA is mostly played by the youngest gamers. So no death shown on the screen there. Plus the game is played in a sort of "dream world Ivalice" which is to be honest very lame, it was fun when I played it but looking back now it was just silly wandering around and avoiding breaking the "law" in a game.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

I have to disagree about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It was a good game. No I must say that I never played the originals, but don't down the gba version because of the system it was on. I loved the story, and to this day, it is the only Final Fantasy game I've spent more than 100 hours on as well as being the only FF game I've actually kept enough interest in beating.

If FFT comes out as a PSN Download, I would definitely get it. I guess it's something about wasting my time just strategizing and never really getting anywhere.

Oh, and for the site readers, I'm Jziel14 on there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy Dissidia Zapix 0 1,100 09-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Final Fantasy VII-2 (its just a demo by some guy) Luan 6 1,556 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Superjew
  omfg a final fantasy xi update for wings of the goddess! Zapix 6 2,725 03-13-2008, 04:07 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion (Spot on Review, Ben!) Dmitry M. (Lazer) 9 3,195 11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Last Post: BlinkBoy
  Final Fantasy XI - Online - cAtDaFeLiX 204 20,067 08-15-2004, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Mariner
  Dynasty Tactics 1 & 2 Jordahn 0 782 03-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Jordahn
  Final Fantasy VII Advent Children nobodyshome 27 2,682 03-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Final Fantasy X-2 Rebel 36 4,097 02-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 in his own action game? PlaystationFan 14 2,071 02-25-2004, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)
  Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Fall in) Arnold K. (Admin) 15 2,358 02-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Tosser00