Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home
Not with an open beta, as far as I know. Once the private beta has tested all the features a big part of a public beta is stress testing, getting as many people as possible into it to see how it holds up to avoid any nasty surprises at launch. If there is a limit it would be a pretty big one.
the public beta will probably push off around ver1.00 wont it?

so if thats the case, without saying too much.. we're pretty close Big Grin
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Is Gmail still in beta? God that's been in beta for years now. I don't honestly know why they just go the public beta route, I think we're all a little sick of waiting for it.
Dillon (or anybody else in the beta), I was reading Play Magazine's impressions of Home and they weren't too positive about it, making it out to be a fairly bland experience that's boosted by the people present. They do end though by saying that if the userbase really takes to it it could transform the service, so I was wondering whether that tallies with your impressions. Are you still using Home regularly?
How's the pool table? That is seriously my biggest interest, lol.
well Macho, I dont use it that often..like everyday, mainly because i dont know anyone on HOME, which i know isnt the 'whole' point of Home as its to make friends.. but lets face it, i would rather play and arrange games with friends than with strangers.

HOME is brilliant, but its just a means of getting from A-B and hanging about a lil bit.. its cool, but its not exactly somewhere you could spend a lot of time if you dont know anyone.. jeeze, i sound like norman no mates, lol..
i just wished anyone i knew was on the beta with me! i reckon they should let you add at least two friends on the Beta.. Sad

anyway, it is good, and its somewhere that you could spend a fair bit of time in, but imo IF they made this the face of the PS3 as in the initial screen that you go to when you turn your ps3 on.. THEN it would be amazing.. giving people the choice to activly log on or not.. if they are lone gamers im not sure they will log on that often..

I know that 99% of everyone whos on my friends list will get HOME, so thats not a problem.. just that its a long time coming! and i would like to test the 'other' features soon, because the beta test doesnt show you everything. i would say we only have 25% of features by my guessing, and when HOME is released we will only then see around 50% of everything planned.

Supjew.. yeh, pools ok! ive played it a few times, its not extacly a game where you can fine tune your shot in terms of backspin or giving the ball side or anything, and at first i was like wtf?!?! but you know it makes the game faster and more fun.. also there isnt just straight pool to play, theres other pool type games.

theres a couple of arcade games which are very good! and bowling is a great laugh too.. almost makes the psn game redundant.

so yeh, HOME is great, i log on every other day.. i must admit, i just look for updates as in furniture and equipment, but we havent had any since day 1.
I think the USA HOME could have other features than the Europe one because ive seen pics of music centres in the middle of the square, but in the EU HOME we dont have that (yet).. i would really like to try out the music and video options at home..

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

That's pretty consistent with my impression of it then. The people are going to be what makes it, so the beta is mainly just to get people testing all the features. It will only be when it's live that we'll see its true merits (of lack of), but as a social layer it really doesn't interest me. When playing WoW there would always be lots of people in the main cities at any one time, just sitting there chatting instead of questing or grinding and doing dungeons (which you could do while chatting to people anyway), and I never saw the point. I was admittedly very much in the "time not spent advancing my characters, the guild or the raid group is time badly spent" frame of mind, but hanging around and chatting doesn't interest me generally.

The reduced/different content of the EU version is probably inevitable. Music, film and TV rights are fairly convoluted even within one territory, and when you take something like the EU into account you don't just have the one national rights issue but issues split across many different countries with different agreements in place. It's considered unusual when we don't have to wait at least six months to see a TV show from the US...
yeh.. i mean if you were to switch on your ps3 and you went straight in to HOME, then it would be amazing.. because imagine that as your console start up page? wow! and it is wow, but like you say its the community behind it that makes it. if youre forced to join unless you say you dont want it, then i think it will work.

i really do love HOME, but i can really see the bad side of it quite clearly.. Sony need to basicaly turn around and say that this is now the face of PS3, and if you dont want it either dont download it or dont join online, because if you have the choice to turn on or off.. most people will only use it to start multiplayer games rather than be 'forced' to join in.

Even if you just sit in your flat the whole time youre in HOME, at least your joining in.

it will be interesting. also be interesting in what they have up their sleeves.. apparently they have soime very very cool stuff lined up, also ive heard that LBP would be connected with HOME, i can see that would work from the LBP Beta (which is Awesome with a capital 'A' btw).. it would work well, really well.

if they had more games like that, HOME could be a system seller, but right now i dont see it as a must have, before i was in the Beta i did.. but now i just think that its very very cool, but something i personally wouldnt use all the time, not unless i had too. and if i had too.. that would be fine!

I probably won't use it that much because it looks like a bandiwidth consuming software.
dillonthebunny Wrote:to be honest i would like to see the start up of the PS3 to be HOME rather than the icon interface we have now. the icon interface could just be for when the network is down or if you dont want HOME..

for an everyday use, HOME is pretty spot on.

i dont think theres enough to spend 100% of your time in HOME, but if you could get on to the music, films, internet.. in fact all the options on the main PS3, we may never have to see those icons again, and this would become the coolest console interface ever created.

im impressed so far, others may not be easily pleased as i am, still i like it.

oops.. sorry, forgot to say..

it takes about a min from start up to walking about. its quick, i like that

That would be terrible for people with slow broadband, or low bandwidth
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,095 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  GT5/Home timed release? Gabriel013 3 1,020 09-26-2007, 03:36 AM
  Home Beta GOREDDEVILS 4 1,524 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
  Home artb013 3 1,303 06-07-2007, 07:27 AM
  Playstation 3 Home Audio/Video Solutions Shatterday 0 1,592 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Official Upcoming Home Spaces! SamSamurai 0 782 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Folding Their Tents and Going Home: The Characters We Will Miss TheWorldEnds 0 1,136 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Folding at Home Jordahn 0 786 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sony Home Glitches Snafu 0 1,630 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Abe's coming home! BlinkBoy 0 2,124 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: