Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSXE's Best of the Best Polls: PS2 Overall
Suikoden 2 for the win.
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
Hmm...I know it's still early, but it seems my beloved FFT will have to fight just to get into the final 5. I love all the RPGs on that list, of course, but still...

If I thought it would get enough attention, I'd do like a "Most Under-appreciated RPG" for the PS1. You know, we could put in the original Persona or Suikoden, or maybe Saga Frontier or Parasite Eve. I really wanted to put Legend of Legaia and Legend of Dragoon on there, along with the two Lunars, but I just didn't have room...I wonder what WOULD win "most under-appreciated?"
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Half of that underappreciated list I either didn't play or love. The funny thing is, the half of the RPGs I did play on the list you created I wasn't too huge a fan of, lol. I really thought Legend of Dragoon was gonna be on there.

Does FFT really count as an RPG? I always thought it was more like a turn based strategy game.
What is wrong with you people?! Give more love to Vagrant Story.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Ben D. Wrote:Hmm...I know it's still early, but it seems my beloved FFT will have to fight just to get into the final 5. I love all the RPGs on that list, of course, but still...

If I thought it would get enough attention, I'd do like a "Most Under-appreciated RPG" for the PS1. You know, we could put in the original Persona or Suikoden, or maybe Saga Frontier or Parasite Eve. I really wanted to put Legend of Legaia and Legend of Dragoon on there, along with the two Lunars, but I just didn't have room...I wonder what WOULD win "most under-appreciated?"

PS was one ass kicking RPG machine wasnt it?
farfus Wrote:PS was one ass kicking RPG machine wasnt it?

The best ever for JRPGs.
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
I voted for FFT, and I see that 7 out of 10 of the games listed are made by Squaresoft/Enix. I agree that Xenogears is a "lost" gem in the RPG genre, I remember getting the actual Xenogear in the game it looks awesome!! I will always remember it.

But Final Fantasy Tactics is forever best experience I have had on PS1, the story, gameplay, tactical setup and you can take your time and spend like hour on the same level, just leveling up and customize your team as you like.

You can beat the game in like 20-30 hours if you get grip on the gameplay and make it a challence, or you can spend hours on maxing your Roster stats and getting the best weapons down in dark Midlight Deep.

Have fun.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

BlinkBoy Wrote:I voted for FFT, and I see that 7 out of 10 of the games listed are made by Squaresoft/Enix. I agree that Xenogears is a "lost" gem in the RPG genre, I remember getting the actual Xenogear in the game it looks awesome!! I will always remember it.

But Final Fantasy Tactics is forever best experience I have had on PS1, the story, gameplay, tactical setup and you can take your time and spend like hour on the same level, just leveling up and customize your team as you like.

You can beat the game in like 20-30 hours if you get grip on the gameplay and make it a challence, or you can spend hours on maxing your Roster stats and getting the best weapons down in dark Midlight Deep.

Have fun.

Cookie for you. Wink
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Really, is there any question???
[Image: Buzzkiller.png]
"Everyones got to have the sickness, 'Cause everyone seems to need the cure" :band:
hey jed i'm just wondering do u have two accounts or just two different people with the same screennames?
As for this article, i borrowing fft this september from a friend so if the poll last till the end i'll have played two of the games up for debate. Smile
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSXE Poll re xbox content? Gabriel013 36 2,510 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ben D.
  PSXE Seeking Some Help Ben D. 6 927 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  PSXE New Designs The Benny (Macho) 8 960 01-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Dmitry M. (Lazer)
  SOCOM PSXE Clan suggestion? Norrec 21 1,389 08-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Last Post: TtTackler
  Question for Arnold or any PSXE staffer about PS2 hardware Ryan H. 0 760 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  First Weekly PSXE Live game, Tues. 9/06 Ryan H. 0 1,001 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Tenchu: Time of the Assassins PSXE sheats??!? dillonthebunny 0 573 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSXE PS3 Coverage Ben D. 0 3,829 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSXE Gears of War nights. Goten 0 2,251 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Official Unofficial PSXE God of War II Combo Contest! Ryan H. 0 947 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: