Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSXE's Best of the Best Polls: PS2 Overall
I was wondering if there is a way to see actual numbers for the poll, since Grandia and FFT are both coming in at 5%?
I don't think there's a way while the polls are still active (for us humble visitors, anyway), but once they've finished and are put on the previous poll results page it includes the amount of votes received. As long as you can handle percentages it's possible to get the individual tallies from that.
Don't worry, I'll put up the final numbers in the thread in about 6 minutes time...it's REALLY close to see who gets the fifth and final spot for round 2!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Okay all, here were the numbers for the first round-

Final Fantasy VII- 743

Final Fantasy VIII- 147

Final Fantasy IX- 106

Final Fantasy Tactics- 62

Chrono Cross- 61

Xenogears- 59

Vagrant Story- 38

Wild ARMs- 33

Suikoden II- 32

Grandia- 19

Round 2 up now! Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
ummmmmmm, you sure you cant fudge that final spot number just a tad? definitely not the right order i see ............ but the pueblos have spoken
Well it was always going to be just a poll seeing which games come behind FFVII, with VIII and IX being the ones most people are also likely to have played. It will be interesting to see how the other four fare now a lot of the options are gone for the second round.
Do we really need a round 2? There seems to be one clear winner.

But I voted for FFT again, it is better than FFVII (start debate). If you do the trick you can get Cloud cameo in FFT =) plus his materia blade. Just saying.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

Yeah...it's not really a "trick," though. It's just a process you have to through. I always go out of my way to do everything in FFT, and getting Cloud is certainly one of the tasks.

However, you only get him at Lv. 1! I just never took the time and energy to level him up to see what his Limit Breaks could do. It's the one thing I regret never doing with that game...
-- Plato

-- Elbert Hubbard
I have done pretty much everything in the game myself, got pretty much all the "special" characters, well it may not be a trick to get Cloud but you must do certain things to get the sequence where pops out of the machine.

The way to level up Cloud is to get him hit one of your own higher levels so he gain a lot more Exp, it will speed up the process - but yes it is time consuming and I have not unlocked every move on his Limit skill.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

I'd have to take a step back and figure out what exactly 'best' means to me when it comes to a general vote of what game is THE best. As much as I hate having to choose one game out of many, every game has its beauty to it but the one word I'd have to use to replace 'best' would be 'influential', or the main question here being "Which of these PS1 RPGs was most influential to you?"

These two games I had to choose between have been in competition together for so long I can't really top one over the other. I'll discuss these two last with this short list of what I love about each of these games, although there's a lot to be said about each, I'll pin point ONE thing that was great about it.

Final Fantasy IX - The very philosophical aspect this game has concerning life was the eye-opener for me. Vivi questioning his existence, Freya's "To be forgotten is worst than death." quote and many ideas behinds the words during the cut-scenes before starting a game.

Final Fantasy VIII - Happiest ending I've ever seen and of course the humor from Laguna and the boys. Tongue (I need to jog my memory here as it's been too long since I've played this.)

Vagrant Story - Most phenomenal opening sequence ever to me. My jaw literally drops every time I see the opening, not forgetting to mention my favorite 13 minute orchestrated piece by Hitoshi Sakimoto. There's a lot to say about this game. I had an orgasm when I found out FFXII was being made by the same team that made this game and Hitoshi Sakimoto was composing. /squeeeeee Vagrant Story and FFXII has my favorite art style in any game. Yes, I went way off track here, anywaysssss.....

Chrono Cross - My favorite OST of all time. Memory is foggy with this game though, will be playing it again when I have time (which unfortunately I don't have anymore /cry)

Now for the last two games...

Final Fantasy Tactics - Personally the story line is the greatest out of any game I've ever played and 2nd to top RPG I've commited my time to. I played this on the PS1 and fell in love with it instantly and it also contributed to the most memorable fight, "Inside Riovanes Castle." The battles were challenging. I also have this game for the PSP which gave me quite a laugh seeing the new translations (yes, I was giggling at them) since they seemed so....old englisshhh? Yeah..I'll have to discuss the majority of this stuff in depth at a later point, lol.

And the game that got my vote is Final Fantasy 7.

Believe it not, I do get irritated with all the Sephiroth wanna-be's in all the online games I see and FF7 this, FF7 that. I'm not a fantatic. My first RPG was FF Mystic Quest, I was just getting into the genre until during my teenage years, I started playing FF7. It was my first 'major' RPG I played and spent 3 years straight playing this game. It was the most influential to me because of the days growing up as a teenager; the dark environment, the music, everything about it was so appealing to me. As much as I'd love to get everything written down here at the moment, I'll be writing something at a later point when I get time.

One important part of gaming that influences me the most is the story, at this point in my life. Back then it was all about getting the best everything and getting 9999 into every sttribute. Now, I'd have to say it's really about relating everything that I play to my life and better understanding the world around me and especially the characters and worlds in the games.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSXE Poll re xbox content? Gabriel013 36 2,507 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ben D.
  PSXE Seeking Some Help Ben D. 6 927 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  PSXE New Designs The Benny (Macho) 8 959 01-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Dmitry M. (Lazer)
  SOCOM PSXE Clan suggestion? Norrec 21 1,384 08-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Last Post: TtTackler
  Question for Arnold or any PSXE staffer about PS2 hardware Ryan H. 0 760 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  First Weekly PSXE Live game, Tues. 9/06 Ryan H. 0 999 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Tenchu: Time of the Assassins PSXE sheats??!? dillonthebunny 0 573 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSXE PS3 Coverage Ben D. 0 3,828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSXE Gears of War nights. Goten 0 2,250 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Official Unofficial PSXE God of War II Combo Contest! Ryan H. 0 947 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: