Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ratchet & Clank - Quest for Booty
OK, so while I was away I picked up Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction (my first R&C game), after about 3 or 4 days of banging on the game, I think I'm finally near the end. I have just about everything, and the story feels like it's about to wrap up...

Zubra-zap asked me earlier when Quest for Booty was coming out, and for whatever reason I thought this fall... Just to find out a little bit ago, it's coming out THIS THURSDAY! :eek:
(or so says the internet, and while I hate to believe the internet, I will this time!)

Sooooo...
I ask...

Any of you getting QfB when it comes out?
I know it's only a short R&C game (3-4 hours I read), but it should definately keep me busy with the characters a little longer. $15 price tag too, which is not too bad. Down the road, I'll probably try to pick up a UK import copy on disc, as we US gamers don't get the option... :nosense:
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
It will be interesting to see if this becomes an annual thing, alternating between full game and shorter downloadable one, or even if they'll do a short Resistance one next year to coincide with its off year (assuming both franchises are on two year cycles). I'm not sure if the world needs quite that much Ratchet & Clank, but they're good games.
I want to pick it up but i told myself to completely beat eden and gta4 before picking anything else up. Maybe i'll wait for some sort of a price drop. who knows. I probably want to beat ToD again before picking this up though.
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
I hate DLC, I think DLC is the worst idea ever. I wish the only thing online about consoles was multiplayer and demo downloads.

That being said, when I get ToD, I may have to get Quest for Booty, but probably not.
It's a standalone game though, isn't it? I didn't think you need ToD for it, making it a (short) game in its own right rather than what traditionally qualifies as DLC, add-in content for an existing game.

As alternative distribution models though XBLA, PSN and WiiWare are important and useful (as well PC services like Steam). Independent developers with small teams are getting the kind of attention they haven't for years and making financially viable games.
Yeah, QfB is a standalone game, designed somewhat in part to give people a cheap way to get into the R&C games, as well as give fans something to enjoy for a few hours.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ratchet And Clank question Luan 3 1,561 08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  ratchet and clank : size matters moe2point0 0 1,222 10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Last Post: moe2point0
  New Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time Footage! ..(56k hurt) SamSamurai 0 1,955 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Rachet & Clank : ACIT gameplay Sir Shak 0 1,824 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Ratchet & Clank: ACIT Collector's package! BlinkBoy 0 2,138 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time dso8515 0 2,800 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Too many Rachet and Clank games ? Laxgirl 0 2,710 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  R&C Future: Quest For Booty is half price Spartan119 0 2,157 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Dragon quest nine, meow!! TaoAttackMeowPow 0 3,237 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Dragon Quest - will it ever come home to PlayStation? TheHighlander 0 5,020 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: