Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Effect Questions
Just a couple of things.

I've had ME freeze up on 3 occassions now.. Should I be concerned?

More specific to the gameplay. I picked up all my team members early on except one which I still don't have. It's the Asari. Should it have been Schell(sp?) He's the gambling cheat. If so then I've screwed that one up.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
That game's never frozen on me... :S
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
Schells is a Salarian (the sort of lizard-skinned ones with black eyes), not an Asari (the blue ones). You don't get your final team member from the Citadel so you didn't mess anything up.

This BioWare post mentions that the freezing issues can possibly be solved by clearing the game cache:

Quote:a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button
again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X
button, and then press the X button again.
d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.
You shouldn't lose saves or DLC or anything, it's purely the system cache.
Great stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I shouldn't really but I'll probably be playing again tonight. I have far too much work to do at home but I just can't stay off it.

3 forum tokens
The freezing happened to me alot, hasn't happened once with my ninjabox though so far... My ex played it for an hour today no problems.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I'm now around 26 hours in and I have just been to the dig site. Still not been to Feros Smile

3 forum tokens
As soon as I was free to explore I completely abandoned the mission to save the galaxy and just explored and explored and explored. It couldn't have done much for the Council's faith in me...
I have realised that I completely missed the character customisation. The first option I went to was the name and then it took me into the game.. I thought I must have misread the character creation options but it seems I'm just an idiot instead.

I've got the generic soldier with unknown backstory and after my first play through I won't be able to change it without starting from scratch. I understand I can replay the game from a pre-existing save and get the benefit of all the items gained in the last play through. With all the achievements I'll be looking at 4 or so playthroughs to unlock them all. Good job the gameplay and story justify that repetition.

3 forum tokens
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:As soon as I was free to explore I completely abandoned the mission to save the galaxy and just explored and explored and explored. It couldn't have done much for the Council's faith in me...

I personally just stopped playing, 1/2 in part due to frustrations with freezing, the other 1/2 in part to FFXI, Halo3, and CoD4.

I really should go back to it. Was fun watching my ex play
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Zapix Wrote:I personally just stopped playing, 1/2 in part due to frustrations with freezing, the other 1/2 in part to FFXI, Halo3, and CoD4.

I really should go back to it. Was fun watching my ex play

haha, Not touched CoD for ages, I'll play Halo 3 for 20-30 minutes then lose myself for hours in ME. It's a long time since I've played a gain that's drawn me in and won't let me turn it off.

EDIT::

At 30+ hours in I've just worked out that RB shows me my abilities.. Sometimes it's a wonder I manage to time my own shoes.

3 forum tokens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass Effect... Mista 16 3,029 02-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Halo ODST Questions coverton341 0 3,135 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: