Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Effect Questions
So if I go to the live marketplace I can buy lower numbers of points? I was just going on the market cards available at HMV or Play.com.

In which case I might just pick this up. Especially if the dlc gives you experience point. That will take away the need to do every single pain in the backside little sidequest on the original disc.

I was annoyed I didn't get the Scholar achievement for getting all the codex parts as I thought I had done everything.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Gabriel013 Wrote:I was annoyed I didn't get the Scholar achievement for getting all the codex parts as I thought I had done everything.

offtopic...

You know you've played too much Final Fantasy XI when you read that and think "wtf dude, the Scholar job quest is easy, and to be honest, the job just sucks. As for the codex, yeah, getting to the point in CoP you can use it sucks. But then... WTF do you want a speed belt for Scholar for? Those two things have nothing in common! and WOOT! I just got a party invite after seeking for the last 10 hours!"

on that note... I'm done!

Yeah, gabe, check the LIVE! marketplace points. have various amounts you can buy, but there's never any discount for buying alot! *sigh*
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
sweet for the pointers guys.

EDIT::

I've just been to xbox.com and bought 500 points. Slightly less per £ than the 2100 for £17 but it's enough for me.

3 forum tokens
If you go straight into the Mass Effect DLC and purchase it but don't have the points it will take you to a separate section to do so (500 being the smallest), which will then take you right back into the DLC purchase after you're done. It's pretty smooth, at least once you already have your credit card details entered.

Gabe, that guide I linked to (this one) covers everything you need to do for every achievement, so it's quite simple to compare it against your codex and see what you're missing. They all seem to be obtainable by the time you're done with the Citadel, but there are a couple that you can miss and then can't get back for that playthrough.
With the achievements for the Tech usage, If I switch the team to be fully under my control and then use their abilities does that count towards the achievement? I am getting fed up of being a biotic and and not sure the Techy will be much better so if I can bypass it by exploiting my team mates then great. There is no way I will try it on a harder difficulty until I am back to being a soldier.

3 forum tokens
Not as far I'm aware, and that guide backs me up: "YOU must do them, allies don't count." Looking at their tips for the achievements though it looks like you can cheat your way through almost all of those ones:
Quote:Lift Mastery:

Create an Adept character or any character with biotic powers. Use the power on something that can be selected with a target marker. The Citadel Rapid Transport stations are a great place to do this. Also, make sure you have adrenaline rush. Use all the powers, adrenaline rush, repeat all powers, and wait for them to recharge. YOU must do them, allies don't count.
Obviously their strategies are mainly from the point of view of gamerscore addicts, offering ways to get every achievement as quickly and simply as possible, but if you really couldn't stomach playing through as a tech character but want the ability achievements you could do that. It looks like AI Hacking is the only one that needs to be done on an enemy, and even then they have a way around it.

As a side note, looking at the gamercards of everybody who has made them available on this forum, you (at 510, according to your MGC card) are 25 gamerscore away from being PSXE's Mass Effect gamerscore champion. Go Gabe!
hahaha. woot.

I did notice I could target inanimate object but wasn't sure that would count. The squishiness of the Biotic is driving me crazy. Last night I wizzed round a planet getting the survey elements done then went to the merc stronghold and got killed. I hadn't waved it so I started back at the beginning of the planet. 20-25 minutes of work out the window. gah!!

Thanks again for tips. I might use them intermittently just to help. I want to atleast only play through as a biotic once so this will help me cover all biotic achievements. I'll aim for the ally and difficulty achievements once I am a tougher soldier and the most complicated choice will be Shotgun or Rifle? hmm...

3 forum tokens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass Effect... Mista 16 3,036 02-28-2008, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Halo ODST Questions coverton341 0 3,135 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: