Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Playing? PC Edition
The pc is very much alive, Age Of Conan is the current mmorpg that is getting a pretty good response from online gamers. I enjoyed Everquest for a good 5 years and WoW for 3 1/2 years, and in some ways they are still viable. I will probably look into AoC sometime in the near future when the decision to get a major upgrade in the pc occurs. I probably wont be buying a console within the next year so a pc upgrade will do the trick for me...
Did you guys ever play "Indigo Prophecy"? I think it's called "Fahrenheit" across the pond.
Developed by Quantic Dream and published by Atari, the story is so well developed, and your actions control the way the story plays out. It's an "Interactive Film", it's a really awesome game I definitely recommend.
Add me on the PSN: chrizzizzippi
Stalk me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrizzizzippi
Deep thoughts are deep:http://chrislovesoma.tumblr.com/
I might be getting pulled back into the PC gaming world. I have a capable computer all i need is a new Video Card. But I'm seriously considering buying the Ghost Recon pack from steam as well as the orange box and Mass Effect down the line. I also have a copy of Warcraft 3 that i haven't dug into. Today is also the first day of the beta for Runes of Magic. It's a free-to-play MMO that appears to bring the best parts of all of today's best MMOs. I'll talk about it later (if I'm allowed, i haven't signed anything about confidenciality but i also haven't downloaded the client yet. Been at school all morning.)
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
There is always a new mmorpg around the corner, and a new Starcraft is also being mentioned somewhere in the future i recall. With a lot of pc's coming out with 3 and 4 gig ram standard, and 22" monitors a "shadow" of the cost from a few years ago, a really nice pc is affordable for many. Chimera was asking about laptops, i found a nice offer on a 2 gig Toshiba from Buy.com in todays email for $399, nice machine, nice price. Labor Day will have some good stuff out there. Ive gotten offers from Tiger Direct, Newegg, and Buy that make you seriously consider ditching the "old" pc and moving up to a much more advanced model. I really dont dig the idea of being forced into Vista, though, and this pc still does everything i need for now...
psplayer Wrote:Did you guys ever play "Indigo Prophecy"? I think it's called "Fahrenheit" across the pond.
Developed by Quantic Dream and published by Atari, the story is so well developed, and your actions control the way the story plays out. It's an "Interactive Film", it's a really awesome game I definitely recommend.

I played it on the Xbox and loved it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Psplayer, we've actually been discussing Indigo Prophesy in the Heavy Rain thread (it's being made by the same people, who also made Omikron: The Nomad Soul).

As for PC gaming, there are definitely a bunch of games I'm looking forward to, like Spore, Starcraft 2, Diablo III, Dragon Age and (tentatively) The Sims 3. That goes into 2009 though and possibly even 2010 with the Blizzard games, whereas I could rattle off a list of console games I'm interested in this year that would be longer.

With MMOs and The Sims propping it up there's still a lot of money being spent on PC gaming, but the consoles do have a lot of the developer focus. Outside of the big PC developers like Valve and Blizzard (and the mini-Maxis that exists these days) developers can't afford to ignore the consoles. They have the user base, they have better piracy controls and they have relatively uniform hardware configurations that PCs will never have.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing Right Now? dillonthebunny 5,624 505,571 07-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: farfus
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 4,421 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 3,832 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,662 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,420 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  limited edition MGS GameCube Bundle bigloser 5 1,233 02-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Last Post: sabbas
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,553 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,295 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 1,867 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,603 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142