Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone picked up the Socom Confrontation Beta?
....hope im not the only one!

go go go.. get it now form Eurogamer! they only have 3,000 left!!

you have to sign up to Eurogamers forums, but once thats done you can go and get your key if your fast enough.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
nope :nosense:
but then 'euro' doesn't apply to me really :confused:
Had I know sooner, I might have tried though
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
i think you guys have it already!

ive seen the USA room on the boards... and its full of you guys playing.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

huh, USA boards? O.o what are those?
*points at Dillon, Gabe, Benny, Luan...*

I only hang around Multinational boards Wink

Actually I looked at some of the video trailers I had downloaded after my reply earlier. Seeing as it's the 'over the shoulder' 3rd person view... Confusedmiliepok
*sigh*
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
i wont go in to details right now, as i need to form an opinion ...but so far im not enjoying SOCOM Sad

played my forth game on Socom! whoop whoop.. really good game when you get in, serious!!

shame its my forth game that ive been able to get in since getting the Beta :lol:

pittyful.

the process of getting into the game is severely flawed at this point. I'm not JUST talking about the load times either. Those suck but it's a beta it'll get worked out. I don't know if I can say what the real issue is though, because of that secrecy clause in the user agreement and all. What I will say is that it becomes very difficult to find and then play with friends and team mates.

Also they haven't yet implemented many of the community features which is a huge selling point for the game so it's hard to truly judge it.

While your actually playing in a game that isn't suffering from lag though its extremely fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game in action with multiple maps.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
how long have you had it Shadow? i must admit, i think theyre doing stuff server side because im getting in to games faster now, so instead of waiting 10 mins to get in to a game, its only 5 (lol)....

no idea why they greyed out 'Quick Start'.. as that would be cool.

other than that, when youre actaully in a lag free game its great!

i never played Socom on the PS2 much so i cant comment whats missing from the previous games, but theres so much i think theyre holding back on.. its a bit like HOME, where it seems that theyre waiting for the full release to show us these things.

dillonthebunny Wrote:how long have you had it Shadow? i must admit, i think theyre doing stuff server side because im getting in to games faster now, so instead of waiting 10 mins to get in to a game, its only 5 (lol)....

no idea why they greyed out 'Quick Start'.. as that would be cool.

other than that, when youre actaully in a lag free game its great!

i never played Socom on the PS2 much so i cant comment whats missing from the previous games, but theres so much i think theyre holding back on.. its a bit like HOME, where it seems that theyre waiting for the full release to show us these things.

I've had the beta since it started on september 5th.

Things definately got faster after the first weekend. But i haven't played enough to know anything beyond that. The second patch should pretty much eliminate the load issues that the beta currently has (in theoryWink).

I think "quick game" will eventually be tied to ranked games. That will likely be on different servers and slant six probably didn't feel like they had to test that system.

You're right. from what I've seen, once you are in a good game Socom Confrontation is one of the best games the PS3 has to offer. unfortunately getting in those good lag-free games can be rather difficult right now.

I never played any PS2 Socoms online but from my single player expirience the game play seems to be tighter. And I like the minor camera differences it works well.

Ya they are definitely holding some stuff back but remember, this isn't a review copy of the game, a sneak preview, or even a demo. It's a beta. The reason slant six needed to test out how the servers and certain systems (such as clan creation or custom game creation) would react once you set some 10,000 people loose on them.

So far the only two major things that worry me about this game are: 1. the custom controller option is a joke. it only allows u to map certain functions to one of two buttons. I wanted to make it match the CoD configuration that I love but was completely unable to. 2. the game needs a party system ala CoD, Resistance, or any number of other games.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
If they can't get 10,000 people to play nice on servers, aren't you scared as to what's going to happen when 2 or 3 million people are playing? I think this is one of those system sellers a lot of niche socom gamers have been waiting for, so I hope they know what they're doing. Personally, I wouldn't buy it on the first day, maybe not the first month, but I guess we'll see.

How did you get into the beta? I'm guessing there isn't anything left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eurogamer LBP Beta key giv away BlinkBoy 30 2,502 10-16-2008, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Resistance 2 beta nice shirt 17 1,680 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  picked up CoD4 and Uncharted over the weekend Zapix 16 1,592 09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ffgamera
  PSX should have beta keys 146thagoods 1 809 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  MGO.. Beta Delayed!!! dillonthebunny 5 1,501 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Last Post: BlinkBoy
  Socom: Confrontation HannibleL316 0 868 01-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,095 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Home Beta GOREDDEVILS 4 1,522 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  SOCOM: Confrontation in EU HannibleL316 0 582 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Did anyone buy Socom? dillonthebunny 0 955 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: