Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone picked up the Socom Confrontation Beta?
Yeah i figured that out shortly after my last post. Oh well, I was a HUGE Socom 1 and 2 freak online (with Felix and Dank if anyone remembers him). My expectations of this game are high.
[Image: lighedshirt.gif]
My expectations were high aswel until the other week when I saw a trailer off the PS Store and it left me thinking meh....

Dill, whats the gameplay like in the beta? Is it as much fun as SOCOM II was?
"Tina come get some ham!"

3 Forum Tokens
erm, its different.. Its very much in the style of say Cod4 crossed with BattleField BC, but in a socom suit.

to be honest I do like it, but would I buy it?

I would buy it if there was a single player mode, I would buy it if everyone here brought it..

But I must admit its a very cool game if you want a more 'real' squad based war game that is more real than say Battlefield Bad Company.

I think if you like Socom, you cant fail to love this game, for me I was never a Socom lover. I think its because it never gave me an intentional FPS view, the Ghost Recon style FPS would of been fine if you didnt have to press the zoom button a dozen times to enter that mode, and here with confrontation its again an after thought.

personally speaking I will probably be to Cod4 and BFBC unless one of the reasons to buy comes up.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Now im considering switching my reserve from Socom:C to CoD:WaW. The more ive been researching Socom, the less "into it" i am.
I recon a Socom demo will come out when the game is ready... so maybe you should hold off on that reseve (unless it was a free reserve) and wait for it.. it really might be your thing.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

nice shirt Wrote:Now im considering switching my reserve from Socom:C to CoD:WaW. The more ive been researching Socom, the less "into it" i am.

Ditto.
The more I see of it, the less I am impressed. But I dunno, maybe its one of these games that you need to play to appreciate it.
Definately going to at least rent it though.
"Tina come get some ham!"

3 Forum Tokens
Yeah im gonna go switch my reservation today to CoDWW. I watched the video in the PS store and was not impressed at all.
did you swap it over?

I have to say that now theres another new patch out for the Beta (thats about four or five since it started).. the process between main menu and firing your gun is a lot faster and smoother.

Its now a lot quicker getting in to a game, still not acceptable if you ask me for the amount of time it does take to load up considering a game like Battlefield BC has WAY more to load up and is twice as fast.. all I can imagine is that they wont stop patching and improving it untill it is better, which is what you want really, but it is a lot better than what it was.

Anyway, in game is smooth and fun. I would most certainly recommend this to any Socom fan, but imo best wait for the reviews unless youre a die hard fan.

I switched my reserve over to MoHWoW. I might consider getting SOCOM:C after the price drops. The new MoH is still looking amazing to me though.
HannibleL316 Wrote:Ditto.
The more I see of it, the less I am impressed. But I dunno, maybe its one of these games that you need to play to appreciate it.
Definately going to at least rent it though.
After watching that horrible video I thought the same thing. BAIL! This game is going to suck. I also figured it would be extremely frustrating to learn and play but it wasn't. After an hour of playing with it before the patch I was sold. And with all the patches it only got better. I will be picking up my game and headset on Tuesday. If you can I suggest you play Socom for at least an hour if you're even mildly interested. It might grab you the way it did me.

@nice shirt: I'm assuming you meant CoD:WaW. Or is there a new Medal of Honor I don't know about? Or I'm suffering from a case of Abbreviation Overload. If Call of Duty is what you're talking about, then ya I'm with you, everytime I see it I like it more and more.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eurogamer LBP Beta key giv away BlinkBoy 30 2,513 10-16-2008, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Resistance 2 beta nice shirt 17 1,684 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  picked up CoD4 and Uncharted over the weekend Zapix 16 1,595 09-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Last Post: ffgamera
  PSX should have beta keys 146thagoods 1 810 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  MGO.. Beta Delayed!!! dillonthebunny 5 1,502 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Last Post: BlinkBoy
  Socom: Confrontation HannibleL316 0 868 01-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,095 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Home Beta GOREDDEVILS 4 1,524 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  SOCOM: Confrontation in EU HannibleL316 0 582 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Did anyone buy Socom? dillonthebunny 0 955 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: