Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the core 360 is down to $199
Ben, swap Halo 3 with Mass Effect and I'm with you.

I get the headline grabbing idea. Get people into the store with the cheap billboard price and they might still buy the harddrive system once they are making their selection.

EDIT::

Play.com have the Arcade 360 listed for £150 (I take it this is the new name for the core system). and even the premium with 60gb HD is only £190.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
They remodelled it into the Arcade system a while ago. It's still the same, but the memory stick it comes with has some more Arcade games on it.

I agree that Mass Effect is worth a try for new 360 owners, though it won't be everyone's cup of tea. I'd also suggest Crackdown, a sandbox city game with superhero powers (strength, giant leaps etc.), even if the story is almost non-existent. GTAIV's a better game but I had much more fun with Crackdown and there's a demo on Live to get a feel for it.

Dead Rising is another one. It's not for everybody due to an odd save system and lousy NPC AI, but if you can get past its issues there's a lot of fun to be had.
Thanks, as always, for the game input, guys. Well it took 3 years for the Xbox 360 to reach a pretty fair price point, if Sony follows suit then it should be around now at least rumors of a big price change for the ps3 would be happening also since their three year anniversary of the launch would be coming up. Only time will tell, with the economy the way it is in the U.S. im sure Sony as well as others, are experiencing their fair share of economic questions...
Gabriel013 Wrote:Ben, swap Halo 3 with Mass Effect and I'm with you.

Yeah, I forgot about that one, but I still say Halo 3 is a must-play, even if it is overrated.

And I HATED Mass Effect. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
I forgot to mention Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise as a potential recommendation. It's not for everybody, but if you don't find bright, cutesy visuals emasculating or too childish there's a deep, fun management sim in there and I personally adore the game. There should be a demo up on Live at some point to make trying it out free and painless, but I don't think it's up yet.
Ben D. Wrote:Yeah, I forgot about that one, but I still say Halo 3 is a must-play, even if it is overrated.

And I HATED Mass Effect. Smile

Wow even I didn't HATE mass effect. I seriously want to know why, lol.

Conversely, I have played my fair share of Halo 3, and of course it's a must-play, but I wouldn't buy it.

This seems like a great deal, but I guess I personally couldn't ever get past not being able to get a hard drive, I love demos too much to give that up.
Is Gears still worth picking up or will I be just as well picking up Gears 2? I won't be buying any more games for a little while so chances are GeoW2 will be out by the time an looking for a new game.

If I loved Mass Effect but got frustrated with the Flood levels on Halo, will I even like GeoW?
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
If it's cheap there's no harm in picking it up, it's a solid game and doesn't have anything like the crappy Flood levels. There is one fairly bad level in it but it's not difficult, just not very fun. Gears 2 doesn't seem to be that much of a step up from the first - at least, not in the same way as Resistance 1 & 2 - so it would make more sense to dip into the cheaper title and see if you like it before shelling out more on a brand new one.
Ok guys, you wanna make a steal on a 360 game that is valued at $59 buck new? You can order Warhammer Battle March and get it shipped for a total of 12.99 over at Gogamer.com Im ordering it to resell on Ebay (dont own a 360) but you may very well be interested. Just thought id mention it, will link my auction when it becomes available...
ha, its sold out...
haven't seen this site before...I might have to start shoppign here...