Chatroom?
Is it possible to have a chat room app to go with the message board? I've done it before at other basic boards. The reason I ask is that to my bewilderment, our message board is full of hermits who refuse to use chat programs, and sometimes it's just nice to actually talk to somebody in a format that isn't a message board. I definitely think it'd add a nice dimension, might even get more people joining the board because of it. This place is small enough so that it is definitely manageable.

What do you guys think?
I think it's a great idea. But because this is a Vbulletin forum I think the options become somewhat limited.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
a couple of the sites a few years ago would have a 'live box' ...which was interesting, but they were abused and very hard to mod.

I like the idea, as long as it was established regulars that used it, im sure it would be fine.

thats where the other sites came unstuck as it was open to not only new users that would spam, but to guests with no registration, that was just asking for trouble.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Ya dillon is right. I think it would have to be limited to Senior members only. Or else the spambots would strike hard. besides, then i could tell you guys you are idiots in a more direct fashion. lol.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
We could have it for members with 50 posts or more? If someone has made it that far and we haven't killed them then they've earned the privilege to talk to us directly.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
SHADOW Wrote:Ya dillon is right. I think it would have to be limited to Senior members only. Or else the spambots would strike hard. besides, then i could tell you guys you are idiots in a more direct fashion. lol.

OFFTOPIC WARNING!
This just brought back bitter sweet memories of my daying playing the RTS game Dark Reign 2, with my buddy DeathSniper (founder and formally the leader of the game clan, DeathIncarnate)... LOL, had a special attack called "Assault Bots" which when used, you heard and saw the message "Incoming Assault Bots detected" ... LOL, thing is, you said also said 'strike hard' which would be backed up that you didn't just head "Incoming Assault Bots detected" ... You heard "Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected Incoming Assault Bots detected" and whoever was on the wrong side of DS bringing down the rain was saying "OH S***!" A strategy that usually ended with the game ending!

ah yes... good memories

as for a chatroom...
duh... I haven't used a chatroom since the days of AOL. If this were to happen, I better not see lots of "a/s/l, wanna cyber?" ... ugh, disturbing memories of AOL.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Why not just get a channel on IRC that all go to, it should not be a big problem.

I am all for it.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

Mostly because every time I've tried to contact one of you schmucks, and mind you not all of you, none of you minus Dan are ever on anything. And Dan is always set to away.

I guess I could email ben and steer him towards this topic since he hasn't replied yet. I think if they could limit it it's doable though. It'd be worth a shot either way, and even if we didn't use it much at least we would have tried. Unless this costs them money I don't see the loss, lol.
Sorry Superjew. Most of my time is spent either at work or work related so the IMs are out of the question. At home if I'm not doing stuff around the house I'll most likely be on one of my consoles. When I am next in a position to do so I'll get back on my yahoo account.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
It wasn't a dig, it was a joke. I always thought the word Schmuck was comical.