Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipeout HD
Woah...I've heard of Final Fantasy and Halo fanatics, but never a Wipeout fanatic. Not that it's a BAD thing; the Wipeout series is awesome, and one of the most under-appreciated franchises ever, IMO. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Wipeout was entertaining but I never found it as enjoyable as other racing franchises.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Wipeout was originally one of my fav games, definitely showed off what the PS could do, and why that system would be such a success and change videogaming like it did. Sounds like this game will be a great upgrade to the series from the bit i just read on IGN. And i expect this game will do really well, especially with those of us who really enjoyed it in the early days, its a lot of the old tracks with everything fast and slick, gonna rock some ps3's for sure. This is one addition the ps3 can definitely use!!!
Have you ever wanted to know wtf a seizure inducing omfgwtf eye popping brain failure feeling like your heart is going to f'in explode? If it's possible to induce one of those light pattern seizures without a history of it, I think I nearly just landed one. HOLY F***!

Cause:
Wipeout Fusion + Bordem + Infinit Shield code + Zone

I hit level 34, and it start to get difficult to control... By level 40, it was just impossible to not hit the walls alot. By level 45, I didn't feel right... Level 50 I turned the thing off because I wasn't feeling right. Heart pounding abnormally, sensations in my head sort of like a tingly headache... Not a cool feeling!

Taking a nice break till I feel a lil more normal again! That was simply the most f'ed up (kinda cool though!) gaming experience ever though. The whole thing was just moving so wickedly fast.

I read that that the cap speed is "around 63-64" and some crazy people hit zone 151 (so like almost 90 zones extra at the capped speed) ... That guy ain't human I tell you!

On that note, I've had a hella hard time with Fusion as you get beyond the starting parts. Maybe it's my inability to distinguish shades of colors that are close to eachother or maybe that I don't wear glasses which I do need. Some of the tracks have a haze/fog and rain, with huge obstacles in the middle of an open area... Think Star Wars Episode 1 racer or Fatal Inertia with fog... With the low grade color and detail, it pretty much comes out of nowhere at me, and I slam f*** it everytime. Mind you, I know WHERE it is on memory, but I just can't seem to make the proper judgement in turning to miss it. My other problem is a nighttime track that I can't see for s***. The track is black blue yellow for the most part, and really hard for me to see where the heck I'm going or supposed to go. Mind you, this is early on in the game!

Disabling the damage helps a little since I don't blow up before a lap is even over, but for the life of me, I'm always back in like 9th spot.

With that in mind, I completed the first two leagues (3 race tournaments), and can't get beyond that. The above two tracks are two of the tracks for this tournament, and I just can't get in a good enough position to win. The first race I can score first without issue, that's a piece of cake. No stupid foggy haze and rain, or nighttime in Singapore!

I think they've kind of fixed these old problems though as I have PURE and FUSION on the PSP, and neither gives me this kind of trouble. That being said, HD uses tracks from PURE, which only goes to say HD shouldn't give me trouble.

Oh and, the soundtrack on Fusion is giving me a headache from hell on it's own. Definately the worst soundtrack for the Sony based Wipeout games. The hip-hop-techno-rap can go away. Please keep music genres seperated! :banghead: Go put it in Forza or something if you must create horrible multi-genre music!

oh yeah, and had to hook up the PS2 to play, as the PS3 emulation decided it didn't want to make nice with Wipeout Fusion. Lots of crazy graphical errors.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
The extra effort to pass epilepsy tests for Wipeout HD was probably a good thing then, though it would be kind of a unique situation for PSXE to be able to report that the game had killed one of its forum members.
haha!

Quote:
Thursday, Sept. 25, 2008
Wipeout HD kills local site member
by Ben Dutka

Just a couple of hours ago, the Playstation Network updated the store with big new content. Among the updates was Wipeout HD, a brand new racing game long awaited by Sony and racing game fans.

Sony announced two months ago they were delaying the game due to failure to pass epilepsy tests. We are still not sure how these tests are done, but Sony these tests do not seem to work.

An hour after the update, Zapix, a member of this website imploded upon downloading the game and playing on the ZONE mode. Yesterday he claimed Wipeout Fusion for the PS2 was a mind blowing experience, and that he felt abnormal.

Fortunately, PSXExtreme will now see a huge reduction in oversized, rediculously long posts the steal all of the internet's bandwidth. So, if you notice your internet is faster now, send us an email!

We'll also be holding a contest next week to give away all his stuff!

er wait... xD
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Did you write that? Funny.

I get headache all the time from games because of my glasses. So either way your screwed.

And being a huge Wipeout fan, you couldn't beat Fusion? I did, had to do it twice because it has a memory card issues that wipes out your whole save file.
Is Zone going to be in HD? Because I don't think my TV could handle those speeds.
"I'm the body with the coroner, Many friends yet still a loner."

"Black then white are all i see in my infancy. Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me."
I am The Giver. Thank you Tool.
Zapix Wrote:haha!

er wait... xD

Hee hee...love the effort. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

TODAY IS THURSDAY!

I feel like I'm 12yrs old and it's Christmas Day morning!

Last time I was excited about a game was ummm...
er..
Final Fantasy XII I guess, but I wasn't THIS excited about XII

I take it that its not up yet? i keep checking the web at work.. as soon as its up im leaving work! lol
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wipeout HD update: Dont download it! dillonthebunny 0 1,738 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  wipeout HD keeps freezing on me! chicko1983 0 1,729 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Reinstalling Welcome back Wipeout not working Helgso 0 3,246 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: