Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurogamer LBP Beta key giv away
Costumes and such you earn by finding them, completing a level without dying, finding all collectible items within a level, etc.

I assume many of these skins will be the same way, or simply downloadable.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
They are costumes for the sackboy, and since there already have been created a God Of War style of a level and MGS level. These costumes would fit right into those levels and make them even more complete.

Maybe they won't drive sales alone but there are people who go nuts about Solid Snake or Sephiroth, see how the Kratos and Nariko costumes are very hot. So if you or someone else create a Final Fantasy looking level then it would be fun to have a Sackboy looking like something from that franshise.

So what other characters can we expect to show up in LBP?
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

Thinking about other big Sony characters with unique looks brings Ratchet or Jak to mind, or Megaman would be quite good (especially as Smash Brothers couldn't get him).

Unless I've missed a game LBP will mark Snake's third gaming appearance this year (with MGS4 and Brawl being the other two). Is showing up in other games going to be his thing from now on, kind of a like the video game Christopher Walken?
It would be cool to see some of the Legend of Dragoon guys in the game. Maybe the guy from Syphon Filter? Or possibly Crash Bandicoot?
Crash apparently wants nothing to do with the PS3, at least going by the lack of PS3 versions of Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant. He probably invested in HD-DVD or something.
Crash I believe is owned by Universal of all people, so he is technically not a Sony guy, even though he started out on the first Playstaion.

But I won't say a Crash Bandicoot costume will never come. Maybe Universal see the potential in having a Crash PR-mascot in the LBP.

Now Playing:

Not if there aren't any Crash PS3 games for people to buy. For some reason Sierra were happy to release the game on every active platform except the PS3. I imagine that could change now Activision Blizzard are calling the shots so next year's annual release could well see him on PS3.
Think I might download some of these custom levels and give LBP a little more time. Feels wasteful to have this beta/demo and not make use of it. I do feel the price for the actual game/software is too high though. Custom soundtracks and trophies might sway me a little more to consider it, but even that's iffy considering there's other things coming out that I have interest in.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Is the beta still functional? I've seen at least one person saying it had expired or something.
At least mine has expired, maybe Zapix will find out when he tries it.

Now Playing:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  anyone picked up the Socom Confrontation Beta? dillonthebunny 33 2,620 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Last Post: devilzboi
  Resistance 2 beta nice shirt 17 1,683 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  PSX should have beta keys 146thagoods 1 810 09-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  MGO.. Beta Delayed!!! dillonthebunny 5 1,502 04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Last Post: BlinkBoy
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,095 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Home Beta GOREDDEVILS 4 1,524 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Uncharted 2 beta LegendaryWolfeh 0 1,907 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Uncharted 2 Beta Superjew 0 2,374 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MAG Beta Robochic 0 2,709 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Mag Beta. 0 40 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: