Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo 3 - Updated with new EXP system and 750 points of new achivements!
Sometime yesterday, Bungie unleashed a new update for Halo 3. I just turned the game on and got the update, which well... Was quite a shock! There's a ton of new achivements in there totalling 750 new points, but it seems a ton of those are unusable? :nosense:

Well, there's hints now to possibly new campaign stuff (MAYBE!) as there are a handful of new skulls to obtain. That or suddenly skulls will be found on multiplayer maps, but I have a hard time seeing that. There's no mention of them being 'multiplayer' maps, but who knows.

There's a bunch of multiplayer achivements that are currently obtainable, but requires the Legendary map pack if you don't have them. Personally I do, so I can see myself going after these. Although at them moment, I have more pressing matters such as Wipeout HD on PS3!

There's also some new EXP system!

So, for anyone who liked the Halo3 multiplayer, it's been spiced up a little! Smile
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Obviously the others are being unleashed tomorrow when MS take over G4TV, announce twelve new exclusives or timed exclusives and release the new dashboard. That's before next week's downtime to, um, prepare for the dashboard update.

:uhoh:
I'm not paying £40 for the new achievements Big Grin

I think generally an update is a good idea but it shouldn't be restricted to online. Give the single player fan a break Microsoft!

Macho. I like the current dashboard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
There's a clock ticking down on Bungie.net, with less than an hour to go now, so we'll know soon enough what it's all about. New solo (well, co-op) content would be most welcome and the skull achievements make that seem possible because they've only been in the campaign so far. My disc is messed up to the point that it really struggles to read maps, so I'm hoping that I can install it to the console and bypass those issues when that feature goes live.

I think the dashboard revamp has potential. The current one certainly isn't broken but there's room for improvement. The new one is looking like a very uncluttered, visual interface rather than the current series of menus, so I think it could end up being a lot better.
TRAILER!
TRAILER!!!!!!

OMFG!

TRAILER!

oh for the love of god, I've just realized I'm a halo fan!

ARGHHHHHHHHH!

TRAILER! What does it mean??! MORE I NEED MORE!
It almost looks like an expansion to Halo!
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

It will be interesting to find out more about it, but it does look like a big story expansion to Halo 3. I wonder if it will be fairly divorced from the main Halo storyline - so no Chief, Flood or Covenant - because Halo 3 did a fair job of wrapping that whole thing up.
Well, seems according to stuff over on Kotaku, it's likely an expansion on the campaign.

Also appears there was a release date hidden within the trailer parts where the screen flickers with background nonsense, a date of 1/6/09 (Tuesday)
WOOT! BRING IT BUNGIE!

Also, I don't think the whole thing with Master Chief is at an 'end' as the extended ending of Halo 3 shows.

It served to retire him though, to the point that an expansion doesn't have to be about Master Chief and could be a way of expanding the Halo universe away from the Halos. Either that or it could be the big event that brings him back into action.

The Tuesday date is interesting because that's the standard game retail day in the US, right? For actual disc-based games, anyway. Suggesting it might be a full game kind of expansion rather than a downloadable one.

EDIT - The line in the teaser that says, "Maddie, where are you?" may drive the UK press nuts. It doesn't take much thought for UKers to link it to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, dubbed Maddie by the press. Bungie could probably do with clarifying that it has nothing to do with it.
I'm messing with the video while waiting for Wipeout HD to download...

very quickly does the screen read

>>DANGER:FLOOD ZONE<<

Flood zone?!? I highly down with Halo relating stuff, "flood zone" refers to water flooding. I could be wrong, but I don't think we've seen the end of the flood, or chief.

As for your Maddie comment, then again, perhaps it really is in reference to the UK thing, as we've been been hit my 2 hurricanes here that caused flooding. But then, this IS Bungie... Who the hell knows what Bungie is up to, they're crazy!

The area is NEW MOMBASA as seen in one of the pictures. This has is important to note because New Mombasa is where the portal to the ark was.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/New_Mombasa

Also the same screen, bottom right

TANAGA.0086
LUMUMBA.0624
MBARAKI.2552

Think MJOLNIR in this case maybe, but more importantly, the 2552.

2552 was the year the Convenant discovered Reach from a Forerunner artifact.
If you want the details, check out this link to Wiki
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reach

Also the book covers it.

What the connection is, I don't know, but I just googled up "new mombasa halo 2552" and there's plenty of stuff popping up today on it. Not ready to go reading into 'rumors and speculation' from the internet though, least not outside of psxe. Gotta keep it clean :lol:

There's also note a few frames later from where I was just looking that says the system is being saved and "EMP TRIP DETECT" so a EMP blast of sorts causes the black out a moment later. There are signs showing of memory flashbacks of what the city looked like and looks like afterwards.

Also, from the look of it, there are multiple systems overlooking what's going on.

My guess is, we're looking at the views of an assault from multiple spartans.

What throws me off though is, the Spartans (I believe is what they are) are showing a recording of the time.

MBARAKI.2552 is recording at 16.11:14:xx as the attack begins. At the very end of the trailer though, the same MBARAKI.2552 is showing a recording at 16:02:22:xx in almost fast forward getting hit directly with one of the objects, which shatters the glass.

Top this off, 2552, is when Halo 2 took place I believe, as Halo 3 takes place in 2553. So this video footage is technically the attack on New Mombasa in Halo 2. I would assume the initial attack for obvious reasons.

So, what's with the history?

As for "prepare to jump"
Well, that's a no brainer!
What is Master Chief so well known for?
JUMPING!
Jumping from Space ships and stuff onto whatever.
Remember, he was found after a jump at the start of Halo 3. I never finished Halo 2, so I don't know how it ended, but one of two things comes to mind...

If Halo 2 didn't end with the jump, then this is will likely be filler between 2 and 3... However, I am going to go out on a limb here and say...
Chief is gonna jump at the end of Halo 3!
Why the teaser of the planet on the extended ending? If Master Chief was to be put to an end, WHY leave it open, why put the planet there at the end?
WHY THE HELL SAY "PREPARE TO JUMP" ?!?

You have my own notes, do as you wish!

I am frigging happy!

The Flood weren't on Earth until Halo 3 though. The original lot were (mostly?) wiped out by the destruction of the first Halo and the Gravemind's group were on the second but came to Earth on the ship in Halo 3, where the only way to wipe them out was to glass the whole area. I guess it could involved more antics off-world for the Chief, even if it mentions New Mombasa.

I was going to say that Halo 2 ends right as Halo 3 begins, in a situation that could have led immediately to Chief's jump, but then I looked at Wikipedia and apparently there's a comic series, Uprising, that takes place between the two games and involves the Chief. Maybe Uprising will end where this expansion begins, but then surely that would mean no Cortana, Arbiter, Johnson or Keyes because they're all involved in other things when Halo 3 starts and Chief finishes his jump...

Whatever it is I'm very pleased that it's going to happen. It's not often that co-op gamers get anything added to a game once it's released.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halo 3 Gabriel013 5 1,630 09-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  XBOX 360 -Falcon- still a glitchy system Zapix 28 7,492 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Last Post: lisa_qld
  Halo + Golf ??? hoggle 1 1,436 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  halo charity game hoggle 1 1,238 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Halo 3 Beta Goten 0 2,015 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  halo wars beta Joe III 0 1,002 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Halo Wars Demo Impressions Joe III 0 1,529 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  HALO: odst, were we lied to? thepill 0 1,316 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Microsoft ramp up Halo hype/whoring The Benny (Macho) 0 2,051 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The Original Halo timexking 0 1,423 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: