Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fable II - no online coop at launch.
Like Charlie Brown and the ****in football, anyone who actually believed him (why would you?), one of his big features he promised will not be in the game at launch.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6198260.htm...es;title;2

Looks like it'll be there after an update. I guess it'll make it, at least.

I honestly wouldn't post this, but I just really don't like this guy. He's so full of shit it's amazing he can keep a straight face during a presentation. And it makes me chuckle a bit to hear this. I wonder what else didn't make it?
I do like Molyneux, he seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves games so much that he can't keep himself from saying things he shouldn't, even with a Microsoft PR guy over his shoulder (who has done a pretty good this time around compared to previous games). There's no sense paying attention to anything says about his games though because he really does not know how to be reserved and realistic about them.

Taken on its own I don't really care that online co-op will make it a week or two after the game's release as local co-op (originally a Fable 1 feature) is intact and is the only form I care about. As an indicator that the game itself won't be all it was promised to be though it's much more troubling.
I actually just bought Fable: Lost Chapters again for Xbox (as I sold my old copy with my old Xbox and my PC version is useless without a working PC) and started playing through it again today. Preordered Fable 2 a week or 2 ago. I can't wait for the game even without Co-op right off, because personally I never play multiplayer til I've played it by myself for a little bit anyways, if I ever play the multiplayer at all. I'm pretty sure it will satisfy me with or without the co-op, although having it is a bonus as I already have a few friends who want to play through it, but again it's only as a kind of bonus to have it, not a real dealbreaker. I can wait.

People always complain about how Fable didn't live up to the hype and promises, but I've always been pretty happy with it as it was released.
Definately getting Fable II on release day, but co-op won't be a big deal right off the bat. It'll be more or less something I'll do if a friend wants to play, but otherwise Fable is technically a single player game in my mind.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
An interesting aspect to this is that LittleBigPlanet is also going to ship without the online Create mode, with it being patched in some time after launch. Media Molecule was founded by ex-Lionhead employees, and Lionhead is obviously Peter Molyneux's company, working on Fable 2. It's like he's trained them with the belief that you should miss out features and then patch them in later if you have time.
I can't say I'm a fan of that approach Macho.

As for Fable, I thought it was a single player game anyway. I can't imagine ever wanting to play it multiplayer.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
The multiplayer aspect as I recall is 2 people. Such as you can invite one of your friends to join you to play together.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Yeah, it's mainly a solo game with the world shaping around your character, but another player can join in. If other people on your friends list are playing the game at the same time you can apparently see floating orbs in your game to indicate where they're currently at, meaning you can team up if you're doing the same things, with one player joining the other's game but keeping any rewards earned when they go back to their own.
Yeah, something like that, they can come in and help with a mission and such, and even if they want, they can kill your kids or spouses, leaving permanently dead I guess. It sounds like it would be an interesting way to approach a multiplayer game though, having a world built mainly for single player but allowing the option of having another person there
It's been done a million trillion times before, I think the oldest game I have that does it would be Baldur's Gate. I guess it's just never been done on a console.

I hate that release now patch later shit which is mostly why I posted this, unfortunately this also has been done lots in the PC industry. Gothic 3, Neverwinter Nights 2, even the Witcher I hear was awful when it came out. I basically take a PC release date, set it 3 months back, and then hopefully it is functional by then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fable 2!!! farfus 0 1,011 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Online Avatar photoshop Joe III 0 954 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Fable 3 The Benny (Macho) 0 1,469 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: