Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fable II - no online coop at launch.
Well that ties in with Molyneux's request that journalists also try to seek opinions from non-gamers. I think it was Eurogamer's review that detailed how clearly that attitude comes across, that it's a game made to be accessible, far removed from the conventions of punishment and repetition.
By the way Zap, how long does the child phase take? I should have this tomorrow and if the childhood part is quite short I'll probably work a character through it, then join my brother's game once he's through it too, to avoid any potential issues.
Heh, for my own record, I've yet to read any reviews on Fable2. Infact, I barely kept up with the game's development other than the release date really.

As for the childhood phase... I took my time walking around and stuff, so maybe like 45 minutes to hour at most. If you're not exploring around and stuff, I think 30 minutes maybe, which includes the cutscenes and listening to conversations. Skipping conversations and cutscenes... Maybe 15 minutes... I do lose a sense of time though playing some games, Fable2 being one of them, so I'm just guessing based on the tasks and running around that had to be done.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Zapix Wrote:Heh, for my own record, I've yet to read any reviews on Fable2. Infact, I barely kept up with the game's development other than the release date really.

I hadn't either, I did briefly glance at the metascore just so I could feel as though the game I had preordered a couple of months ago wasn't going to be a huge disappointment.

I was going to goto the midnight launch, but I work 6:15-2:45, so I needed to sleep early. I had the option to take the day off due to slow orders, but I figured a full day of work = money, and that speaks for itself. I get out early enough though that I didn't feel too bad about waiting for it, since I wouldn't have been able to play it til much later if I had bought it at midnight anyways. Fallout 3 though I might have to make an exception.

I find it funny though how when I saw any friends get online the day or 2 after it came out, you could tell they got Fable and are playing it the first time because they'd log in and then log in again (due to the co-op patch). I've yet to play with anyone, but I do have 4-5 friends who have the game as of the release day.

Something that annoys me, like El Zappo said, is how the NPCs react. I walked into town one day, and 5 shopowners wandering the streets (stores were closed) were in love with me enough to give me gifts outright (discounts at their stores) without any prior intended interaction. Sometimes when I'm in town, villagers will swarm me to tell me something like 'I like your hat' or 'Can I have you're autograph?' and it would be so bad that I'd be stuck in a corner and not be able to move until I wiggled around enough to push someone just far enough out of the way to move on to the next person to maneuver around. Then I'll go into my house, and people will follow me in, just loitering in my house, to tell me something stupid and block me on my stairs.

That and I'm a married man in Bowerstone, and have never once flirted with another male, and yet still I get some guys following me around telling me how amazing I am.

I just think its odd that in the game, it's so easy to sway any same sex character into loving you. Seems like there should be some guys out there that are settled on being straight and not just suddenly loving you cause you have a nice pair of boots on.
Yeah, I've been trapped a few times before. Fastest way out of it is to draw your sword or toss off a spell. Even though they're on safety, it'll scare the hell out of the people around you. Even slightly lower some of that love! LOL, sadly, never enough to get them to leave you alone. That's why I'll take people out to introduce them to bandits. Think I might start dressing all mean and evil.

Fights do start to get a little harder, but I've been in some where I get my butt kicked really bad.
Spending alot of time searching for treasure, buying properties, etc.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

sorry all,I have no idea how to post a request,but im desperate for HELP.Here is my problem,Im am hooked up to xbox360 via the wireless adaptor everything is ok on the network test and its showing an excellent signal,but when i go to play call of duty 3,it will let me into a game but sooner or later it say game session not available and kicks me out.This is very frustrating and i never get to finish a game.AAny help would be very much appreciated. mink-222
Well, I've completed Fable2...

I dunno, kind of shorter than I had hoped for. There are multiple endings, so that'll boost replay value. Smile
That is unless you feel like cheating your way to see the other endings... Which is easily done as I found out! Huh, what? Disc tray button in the credits? Noooo, never!

The end of next week and hopefully my bud in scotland will have it so we can play multiplayer.

Saw a commercial for this game yesterday, a man sitting at a table cycling through all different variations of characters. Beefy warrior, old mage with a long beard, tattooed guy, demon etc. So far the game hasn't really presented such changes to the appearance of my character or my brother's. We're playing different genders but from what I can tell if we were the same gender the only real difference would be my warrior would look a little beefier than his mage. Maybe being evil results in more drastic changes to your appearance.

I blitzed through the game over the weekend in co-op with my brother (on his save), lots of fun. The co-op is weird, in that even if you have your own save (and apparently even if you're on different consoles) you can only ever join as a generic henchman (you can choose from three alignments and two genders). You have the same abilities and xp as your character, and any gold and xp earned is added to your save, but you're very much a guest in another person's save. Any social interactions you do directly add to the other player, so if I went around flirting with people they were falling in love with my brother's character. At times it feels like you're playing a figment of the other player's imagination, or some kind of warrior ghost that only that player can see. We were able to play through the whole game together though, which is what counts, and when I went back to my save I was starting right from the beginning with a bunch of gold and abilities.

NPCs do fall in love with you too easily. If you specifically target one person then interactions should only be directed at that person, not apply to everybody in the area, and there should probably be a difference between being adored by the public and loved by an individual. Pretty much everybody in town, whether male, female, straight, gay, bi, single or married, begs you for a ring as you walk past. It's fairly ridiculous.

I would have liked some more robust options with house redecoration. The furniture store barely has anything even when it isn't in the middle of a stock shortage, and some of the things it has I can't put down. I bought a child's bed shortly after the birth of my first child but all the houses I've bought so far only have multiple double beds, and as far as I can tell I can only replace existing items with better (or worse) versions of it (so a double bed can only be replaced with another double bed), not with different items. It also would have been nice to customise the outfits of your spouse. She has a nice house in Bowerstone and I've given her a full noblewoman outfit but she still dresses like a gypsy, and as far as I can see I can't change that at all.

Other than that though it is a good game, pretty much an improved version of the game Molyneux wanted Fable to be. The dog's great, the story is interesting with some good moral choices along the way which highlight the sacrifice one has to make to be a true Hero, the combat is simple but fun, there are a few things to do to distract you from the main quest, and graphically it's quite nice (though the NPCs aren't particularly attractive). Easily a high 8 to low 9 game.
The changes to your character aren't too hard if you know what to do.

There is the tatoo guy in Westcliff and Bloodstone. The horns I think you gain being seriously evil, but not sure. I had a halo around my head being seriously good. The beards and hair styles you get from the Stylists which I know there is one in Bowerstone and one in Bloodstone. The hair colors and all you can change using the dyes.

and yeah, the furniture is annoying. I did find once completing the game, the store in Bowerstone tends to stay stocked. The store in Bloodstone isn't too bad at keeping things either. Currently working on saving up money so I can buy some after game properties.

Sheesh, 920/1000 on the achievements.

Mostly missing the multiplayer ones now.

Managed to get the doll achivement and completionist done today.
I can give ppl the Doll achivement too if anyone wants it. Smile

Gonna take some real effort to get the silver keys and gargoyles, but I'm 30+/50 on each, so with less than 20 to go, shouldn't be horrible.

The only one I don't think I'll be getting is The Dualist... I can't figure out the whole attack chaining thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fable 2!!! farfus 0 1,011 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Online Avatar photoshop Joe III 0 954 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Fable 3 The Benny (Macho) 0 1,469 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: