Linking to my forum in my sig
Since the other thread was locked I can't ask there, so I'll ask here how linking to my forum in my sig has 'caused people from SW2 to come here and make accusations of bias'.

That makes absolutely no sense. Having a link to my forum would only cause more people to go to my forum, if anything; there's no way that having that link has caused people to come here. That's completely backwards logic.

Has it occurred to ANYONE that people from SW2 or anywhere else are doing whatever they're doing because that article has caught the attention of every gaming website out there?

I don't even get how you can blame the negative response to that article on me linking to my forum in my sig, which is something I've done for four ****ing years now and no one had a problem with it until now.

I am not to blame for the negative reaction to that article, in any way shape or form, and I'm not removing my link, either. There is no reason I should have to.
It does seem like it wouldn't matter. At best it could have made people leave PSXE to go to RT, which hasn't happened, but nobody at RT can tell that there's a link to there from here or travel back along it.

From my limited knowledge of Ryan's internet activities outside of this forum the commenters are coming from SW2, which isn't linked to in his sig, and some seem to have come from the various sites that picked up the Edge piece.
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:It does seem like it wouldn't matter. At best it could have made people leave PSXE to go to RT, which hasn't happened, but nobody at RT can tell that there's a link to there from here or travel back along it.

From my limited knowledge of Ryan's internet activities outside of this forum the commenters are coming from SW2, which isn't linked to in his sig, and some seem to have come from the various sites that picked up the Edge piece.

I post at SW2, but not only have I not asked people from there to com here, I have actively requested that they don't.

Either way, having a link to my forum in my sig in no way causes people to come here and post. Blaming that link for anything is just absurd.
You can keep the sig. I just have one request: tell your forum members NOT to register to our comments section and post things like "ben you cock p*ssy fagg*t!" or "this guy begged for a referral from a former writer on the site". They're your forum members and they should be your responsibility, if even a little, to be kept under control.

Easy peasy. This whole fiasco is already pissing me off as it is, and I'm trying my best to stay out of it, but I feel like I'm slowly being pulled in. So just do me that one little favor, and that's it. I'm going to have to lock this to, because there isn't much to discuss. You can have your sig, I just ask that you fulfill my request.

Nobody, including other staff, mods and admins, is to reply to this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To condense the forum or not? dillonthebunny 30 16,932 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Forum FAQ Ryan H. 67 23,162 04-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: robodaddy-o
  Off Topic Forum baseballdude_ 4 1,007 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Let's get this forum more active SHADOW 26 1,927 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  multimedia, PS3 and the forum. Russell Burrows 0 697 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Russell Burrows
  why doesn't this website have a for sale/wanted forum thingy? aaronleo 0 868 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Not for forum, but for site dandan 0 918 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is wrong with this forum? Ryan H. 0 902 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  To condense forum or not? Arnold K. (Admin) 0 13,013 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  the forum seems to be a lil fubar right now... accord 4 me 0 877 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: