Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
What Are You Playing Right Now?
I think i'm going to trade in shadow of mordor for the evil within. i don't see what the reviewers and practically everyone else sees. It's a dull bland looking game with no story to pull me in. The combat is fine but i'd rather play Batman. Every area is the same orcs, literally sometimes, to kill the same way and i'm just not understanding what i'm missing for people to call it their game of the year. Some games i don't like i give credit for production value but i don't see it here what am i missing?

(Apologies for the terrible grammar and typo's, I'm using my phone)
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
That's the kind of game Shadow of Mordor always looked like. Some interesting ideas that were going to be a bit gimmicky in this first instalment, which could be polished up for a sequel if the game was successful enough, and base mechanics that were going to be pretty solid after WB's QA were finished with it. It was only after people started playing it at E3 and the other expos that it suddenly jumped to the centre of the radar for a lot of people, which was quite a surprise.

(I also typed that on my phone, out of fairness)
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Frosty, this might be worth a read. John makes it very clear what he loves about the game.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Frosty, this might be worth a read. John makes it very clear what he loves about the game.

Thanks for that Benny. Makes a good read. I sent Frosty a PSN message asking him what he thinks of the game not realising he had posted above saying he thought it etc.

Still undecided on getting it. Think i'll wait, loads coming in the future that I want. Need to pick a racer, will try Drive Club of course.
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Frosty, this might be worth a read. John makes it very clear what he loves about the game.

Very good read. I'll be honest he's selling me the game and yet with all the excitement he's getting out of the it, I just wasn't feeling immersed in it.

I only got the game to see what the hype was about. The excellent reviews it was getting and the endless gameplay in the videos wasn't really pulling me in from the start and I was apprehensive of my purchase, so the game was going to have to fight to keep my attention.

So maybe I'm not the person to listen to regarding getting this game (or not getting it). I have backed up my save data and if somewhere down the line I see it half price and I'm on the look out for something on a rainy day, I'll consider nabbing it again. As it stands though, Gamestop will give me back full price (in store credit) since I only got the game on Friday, so I'll use that against The Evil Within or Lords of the Fallen at the end of the month.

I finally mustered up the enthusiasm to go back and finish off Watchdogs. I was about half way through the campaign when I went back but I skipped over all the side quests and in a matter of hours I'd completed it and deleted it from my HDD. It was ok. Not the worst game I've ever played but it wasn't an enjoyable experience either.

Then I fired up the re-released Sleeping Dogs for PS4 and because I jumped into it back to back with Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs shone all the more. I never finished that game on the PS3, though I reckon I wasn't too far off. But starting over again isn't a problem because what Sleeping Dogs does better than Watch Dogs is that it tries to have fun.

I've my refunded store credit from Shadow of Mordor to fund The Evil Within or Lords of the Fallen (pending review scores), so right now I'm snowed under with games and next month isn't helping much with Farcry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition both releasing on the same day. I will be getting both day one I hope, we'll have to see how the funds hold up by then.

A friend bought me FFXIII on Steam. It's terrible.
Shadow Of Mordor, I didn't buy it but I'm having fun with it. Yeah the story is like non-existent or I don't really care for it, I just want to go kill orcs and stuff.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
So yeah the Evil Within was not for me so I traded that and Rayman and got Drivecub which is great fun and Shadows Of Mordor for £50, bargain

I just didn't like The Evil Within it was not for me sadly.
So I figured out a fix for what makes FFXIII, like most Square ports to Steam, so shitty. It's actually getting fun now, but LMAO at the whole Xbox 360 made the game worse. Four years later and Square still can't get this game right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 4,012 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,266 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 3,721 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,590 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,339 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,464 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,173 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 1,765 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,445 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142
  So which Console Owns Most Of Your Playing Time? PlaystationFan 17 2,099 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Tosser00