Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
What Are You Playing Right Now?
Hmm . . . I'm currently not playing anything, but I definitely will be playing Fallout 4 on the PS4 as 76's release date comes ever closer.
PSXE News / Reviews Writer
Just downloaded xcom 2, looks like you may have too frosty. Good deal, i played the original on ps3 and found it pretty addictive. Was considering getting it anyway so free is even better!
[-] The following 1 user Likes farfus's post:
  • frostface
(06-29-2018, 09:15 AM)farfus Wrote: Just downloaded xcom 2, looks like you may have too frosty. Good deal, i played the original on ps3 and found it pretty addictive. Was considering getting it anyway so free is even better!

Yeh I had the PS3 game and really enjoyed it though I never did finish it. Then the PS4 version came out and I grabbed it and played it for a while before hitting a difficulty wall I couldn't get around. I'm guessing you've seen me playing it again over the last few days? So what happened was I booted the game back up, my last game save was over a year ago and it was right smack bang in the middle of the previously mentioned wall I couldn't get past. I had spoken to a mate in work who gave me some pointers for this particular fight and to my surprise, with barely half of my team left alive, on my first try too, I got over that hurdle. Then I went back to base and all my remaining team were out of action for weeks and I didn't have the money to buy new recruits to replace them, and also I was far enough into the game that my team should all have been ranked up, not a team of rookies. So I started the game over. And that's were I'm at now. I agree though, it's a great game.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I know it's challenging for sure, I never really beat the first game although I had gotten good at it. Expect it will be good, apparently Destiny 2 is on free play this weekend, good time to give it a look...
Ended up not checking out destiny 2 too long a dl.  Did get Black ops 3 though and will be checking out a highly rated game called Titanfall 2, for $10 can't beat the price and no download.
I really enjoyed XCOM 2, although I don't think I played it 'vanilla' for very long, because some mods popped up very quickly to tweak some of the odder decisions Friaxis made with this one.

I've been playing a lot of Jurassic World Evolution on PC. It's not an especially deep game - no staff management, the attractions are obviously just dinosaurs so no ride building, there's no scenery management, guest needs are only dealt with at a very macro level - but Frontier know how to make a theme park game so the core concepts and interface all slot together well. The license helps too, because it means you have Ian Malcolm routinely popping up to tell you how bad an idea this all is, and that tyrannosaur roar will never not be amazing, so having that blasting around your park is always neat.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Benny (Macho)'s post:
  • frostface
Now I'm binging, got Fallout 4 coming! Watchout b@tches!
The Last Of Us Remastered, wow it's so gorgeous looking and I don't even have a PRO yet or a 4K telly. im waiting for the PS5 to come out.
(06-30-2018, 07:19 PM)farfus Wrote: Ended up not checking out destiny 2 too long a dl.  Did get Black ops 3 though and will be checking out a highly rated game called Titanfall 2, for $10 can't beat the price and no download.

Destiny 2 is good but lacking a real end game experience worth raving about. Titanfall 2 is excellent.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I say no download for Titanfall 2 but haven't booted it up yet. I have a slow att connection and was able to speed it up a bit by changing some dns number change but it's still way slow. Took 20 hrs for black ops to DL, any suggestions other than the standard YouTube blurbs would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 5,943 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,786 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 4,104 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,852 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,647 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,763 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,707 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 2,171 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 3,114 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142
  So which Console Owns Most Of Your Playing Time? PlaystationFan 17 2,546 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Tosser00