Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
What Are You Playing Right Now?
Anyway, I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley on the Switch lately. Also still trying to play through the Uncharted Collection on PS4.
I enjoyed Stardew Valley when it launched on PC, though I did spent a whole year courting a girl only to have her reject me. I play games to get away from that sort of thing!

I've paused my playthrough of Uncharted Collection. I've finished the first two games again but I didn't enjoy certain chunks of Uncharted 3 the first time around so my enthusiasm levels aren't high. I'm trying to motivate myself by telling myself I won't play Uncharted 4 until I've slogged through 3 again.

Right now I'm playing Shadow of War on PC. I was originally overconfident and stuck it on nemesis difficulty, but after a few hours of promoting new captains out of every fight I put it down to normal. Now it's far too easy and fights aren't a challenge unless they get very large. The game gives you a lot of interface tweaks though so there are probably a few things I can adjust to make it more challenging without being excessive.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Good to see you Benny! Sounds like your having fun. Haven't played a PC game in a long while.
I've been working through Horizon Zero Dawn on PlayStation4 recently and enjoying it. Considering the last Guerrilla title I played was Killzone 2 it's a nice surprise to find that Aloy is actually well-written and likeable, and the world-building in general really seems to have had some effort put into it. I think I would have preferred to be hunting animals or monsters instead of machines, because as it stands they are shaped like animals, have the behaviours of animals and you harvest from them like animals, but they're all faceless robots. Hopefully the sci-fi angle is going to come with some big pay-off later in the story and it isn't just about showing off the engine. The game does look very pretty though.

I've also been playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on Switch, which shouldn't work as well as it does because mashing Mario characters with the horrible Rabbids franchise and putting them all into an X-COM game sounds completely dumb. It really does work though, the Ubisoft team having made a cool little turn-based strategy game, where the familiar Mario charm smooths a lot of the rough edges off the normally-obnoxious rabbids.

I'm technically still playing Shadow of War on PC but haven't touched it in a little while. I like the siege angle but it does mean you're moving to new zones all the time, and as I like to complete everything before moving on there's no obvious reason to backtrack. In the first zone I carefully cultivated all the enemies and had the whole nemesis thing going, but now that you're doing the same thing over again in each zone there doesn't seem that much point in getting attached to any one place. It's like in Shadow of Mordor or Far Cry 2, where you spend ages in one zone before it sends you to another and essentially starts over again, and completely kills my enthusiasm for the new place.
Playing:
I've been playing Far Cry 5 and having a great time. I just completed the second of the three regions last night.

Yesterday finally we got The Witcher 3 HDR update on PS4. I can confirm it was done right. I've had issues with HDR implementation in some games , ESO looks worse and unfortunately doesn't give the option to turn it off in game. But The Witcher 3 does look nice and the colours look more natural.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I've been playing Sea of Thieves on Xbox One. It has its good points - the sailing is great and they've done a decent job with the ocean physics, and following maps to dig up buried treasure is an excellent distillation of the pirate fantasy - but they've completely sabotaged the whole thing by making it a PvP game. There's no storyline to follow, your only goals are the same three fetch quests (find buried treasure, kill skeletons or catch animals for trade) and the only progression is by amassing huge quantities of gold to buy cosmetic items. The idea seems to be to give players the bare minimum reason to be travelling from one place to another so that they can encounter other crews and fight.

It's counterproductive though. I hate PvP anyway so I'm not the target, but to be a good PvP game for the L337 ganker types they need people to gank, which means the players who would rather be achieving something of consequence need something to be doing, and there's just nothing there. People are calling it a full-priced beta test or Pirate VR Chat, which is harsh but... the game really is empty. So much squandered potential.
Playing:
I haven't played anything in a few days as I was catching up on some shows. I charged up the Vita this morning for the first time in ages and stuck on the original God of War. Not a big Kratos fan tbh and on the handheld it's very hard to see where to go sometimes due to the awkward camera and the small screen. I may jump ship (literally, that's where I died on the journey into work, on the opening ship level) and see if I can find where I left off in Persona 4 Golden.

Hopefully by this afternoon I'll be working on God of War. Sony had to send out physical review copy because they ran out of digital copies, and it's taking forever, but today should be the day *fingers crossed*

Other than that it's mostly been The Division. Up to World Tier 4 now.
(04-17-2018, 10:07 AM)Spartan119 Wrote: Hopefully by this afternoon I'll be working on God of War. Sony had to send out physical review copy because they ran out of digital copies, and it's taking forever, but today should be the day *fingers crossed*

Other than that it's mostly been The Division. Up to World Tier 4 now.

I find it mad that they ran out of digital copies of a game they own. I'd expect them to run out of a physical copy (even that's a stretch on release week) but digital, how does that happen? Genuinely wondering?!

Publishers are only given a certain number of codes to give out to the press. They usually reserve a few for the top sites, and then give the rest out on a first come, first serve basis. We were slow with our request.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 3,557 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,134 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 3,603 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,529 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,236 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,364 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,005 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 1,654 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,261 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142
  So which Console Owns Most Of Your Playing Time? PlaystationFan 17 1,971 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Tosser00