Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
What Are You Playing Right Now?
Did the main levels tonight on King Oddball (the free plus game from this months May package). Not a bad game, still loads to do on it side levels etc unlocked everything but done all 9 big main squares. Anyhow on a whim I played Ark for ages so today I bought Conan Exiles and it's not a bad game so far from what I can tell. I like games like this survival types. See how long this one lasts.
Long time no post, sorry about that!

This weekend is going to be a busy one for gaming. I've been sucked into the dark world of competitive Rocket League, and that's been taking up a lot of my time. My regular crew has been on that for a good 1-2 hours every night this week.

Will also be finishing up Aragami: Shadow Edition and Shio for review. Both of these games are DOPE AS HELL and y'all should pick them up.
So I've been playing catch up in work after the holidays but when I've found the time I've been playing as much Dark Souls Remastered as possible. Personally I'm really happy with the quality of the remaster. I was expecting worse to be honest after playing the very old beta build we had access to for testing the online. It just runs so smooth and I never thought I'd say it but I'm looking forward to checking out Blighttown to see the improved frame rates there.

I also picked up Pixeljunk Monsters 2. Only played the first level so far, got my ass handed to be on the first run which I really could have avoided. But based on that one level, I can see the game has improved on the first one. A neat feature is that you can tap R2 on the controller and the camera goes right down to just behind the main guy running around the now 3D map. So you can see the waves of enemies coming right at you. Tap R2 again and you're back in the air looking down on the map . What I've played is fun and definitely one for anyone into Tower Defense style games.

Also last night I booted up the Far Cry 3 remaster that came free with Far Cry 5. ( Now full disclosure, I loved FC3 on PS3 and don't remember ever having any issues. I didn't play much last night as I just found it almost impossible to. Also I was talking to Dillonthebunny last night and he didn't experience the issues I'm about to mention. ) So with that out of the way, I found FC3 remaster unplayable and I've already removed it from the console. I spent my rather limited time wrestling against the camera which seemed sticky. The frame-rate also kept dropping really low as I was running through the forest trying to get away from Vaas. It was so bad I struggled to get out of that first area because it was so jarring. I can't comment on how good the game looked compared to the original release. I don't remember the original looking bad and the remaster looked ok. It was just too hard to take in when the game was jumping all over the place during scenes.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
DSR has been pretty fun if you need a hand give me a holler. Hasn't been hard if I wanted I could finish up first game this weekend.
When I get time play to it's been Dark Souls: Remastered. Getting ready to venture into New Londo Ruins. I'm finding it easier than some of the other Souls games. There is still a fair amount of challenge, but compareed to DS2:SotFS this is cake.
[Image: Deadman216.png]

(06-15-2018, 11:06 AM)Deadman Wrote: When I get time play to it's been Dark Souls: Remastered. Getting ready to venture into New Londo Ruins. I'm finding it easier than some of the other Souls games. There is still a fair amount of challenge, but compareed to DS2:SotFS this is cake.

I disagree dude. New Londo sucks lol

Still on NG in dsr I'm getting ready to do four kings soon. Been sucking down souls in the forest as a forest Hunter covenant member and farming new Londo for chunks. I've still got bloodborne to check out so will be soulsing for some time. Signed up for psn for a year...
(06-16-2018, 08:50 PM)farfus Wrote: Still on NG in dsr I'm getting ready to do four kings soon. Been sucking down souls in the forest as a forest Hunter covenant member and farming new Londo for chunks.  I've still got bloodborne to check out so will be soulsing for some time. Signed up for psn for a year...

Four Kings are done, gonna knock out bed of chaos then go play around in the abyss. The only problem I have with new londo is when I get ganged up by dark wraiths, but if you walk in slow and take em one by one they are ez. Got a fair amount of chunks last night.  Saw a video on how to take out bed of chaos in like a minute lol gonna try it.
Just got I into NG+ steaming along.
(06-17-2018, 05:17 PM)farfus Wrote: Just got I into NG+ steaming along.

Well done man. I've just lit up the Lord Vessel and I'm heading back to a few other (optional) areas before I get dug into the final big boss maps. Glad to see you're enjoying it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 6,222 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  What Are You Playing? PC Edition The Benny (Macho) 15 2,802 08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 4,142 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,886 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,682 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,799 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,739 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 2,208 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 3,156 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142
  So which Console Owns Most Of Your Playing Time? PlaystationFan 17 2,583 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Tosser00