Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally new Vandal Hearts
To be honest, I would never thought I would see another game in this series. It is for me the best news this year and a big surprise for me.

[Image: 101309210-image5--screenshot.jpg]

I wonder what kind of mechanics in the gameplay that is different this time.

The first Vandal Hearts was very straight forward, no random battles as I remember it. Plus unlike Final Fantasy Tactics where you could change Job-classes as you wished, Vandal Hearts had you make a choice if you wanted the muscle guys to either be Sword or Axeman, Flyer or Archer etc.

I hope they keep those "blood showers" when you kill the enemy of flesh - or popcorn explosion when you kill a golem type enemy.[Image: vandal4ju5.jpg]

The second title (Vandal Hearts II) had something I never seen before, as Ben mentioned. The enemy moved at the same time as you did, and if you got the hang of it, you could predict where it would go and maybe move that character behind and strike him there.

Plus weight counted in these games, so if you go on the same tile as the enemy and you weigh more than him you would push him out and then cancel his move.

Well, this game just speeded up my #1 spot, what do you guys think and feel about this.

If you played the original or not. I guess we wont see Ash Lambert again since this new game got all new cast. :hump:
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

It's gonna be good to see this series revived, but I want to see the original rereleased. I try to look for it online every so often, but can never find it.
Life is one great paradox
[Image: card.png]
[Image: robinhood2010.png]
Nice to see the series back. I never played the original properly myself, but I did see friends playing and it looked interesting.
Quote:I try to look for it online every so often, but can never find it.
I just had a look and found the original game available secondhand from Amazon and eBay (US and UK for both sites), and an NTSC pirate download. Not cheap, but it's there.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Good series, ive played and beaten both, and enjoyed the two...
robinhood2010 Wrote:It's gonna be good to see this series revived, but I want to see the original rereleased. I try to look for it online every so often, but can never find it.

Where do you look? Amazon has like 33 copies for sale, i know you dont live in the US but its gotta be somewhere on an online store where you could check it...
Yeah, I was happy to see this, too. I played, completed, and own both of the first two Vandal Hearts. Loved them both, but I think the sequel was better (a HELL of a lot longer, at the very least). I was a huge strat/RPG fan a most of you know, and I really can't think of one I had more fun with than VH2 (save FFT, of course). I also think VH2 has one of the best written scripts of the time.

When Konami sent over the press release for Zombie Apocalypse and directed me towards their secure server where they supposedly had some media for it, I didn't see it on their list...but I did see the name, "Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment," and I was like, "ooooh, what's THAT for?!" I was hoping against hope it wouldn't be another handheld title and I was all kinds of happy when, about 10 minutes later, Konami sent another press release for the new VH. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Well Vandal Hearts was my first introduction on the S/RPG before FFT took over everything. Vandal Hearts 2 was great and I did finish it eventually - the final boss was too easy though and most dissapointing.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

BlinkBoy Wrote:Well Vandal Hearts was my first introduction on the S/RPG before FFT took over everything. Vandal Hearts 2 was great and I did finish it eventually - the final boss was too easy though and most dissapointing.

I really don't remember the final boss. But I know I did absolutely everything and jacked my party through the roof (as I always do in these games), and it took about 60 hours.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:I just had a look and found the original game available secondhand from Amazon and eBay (US and UK for both sites), and an NTSC pirate download. Not cheap, but it's there.

haha I meant for a price I can afford right now. If I wasn't a student and had some money, I would get it. But right now, I can't afford any games at all. Just wish I could pick it up cheap Sad

farfus Wrote:Where do you look? Amazon has like 33 copies for sale, i know you dont live in the US but its gotta be somewhere on an online store where you could check it...
I check out Amazon and Ebay, but as stated above, there are either no copies available at the time, or I bid and the price goes through the roof. Just not my time...
Life is one great paradox
[Image: card.png]
[Image: robinhood2010.png]
Hmm i could buy it for as little as $15 with no hassle, etc...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zelda on x-box-it's finally happened?? uknowwho 9 1,183 02-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Goten
  Halo 2 Finally Receives a Real Release Date. bigloser 3 967 01-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Kingdom Hearts 2 gAmeRNicK 9 963 01-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Mista
  Finally Learned My Lesson With The Xbox! PlaystationFan 33 2,836 07-22-2003, 10:28 PM
Last Post: farfus
  Hey i got a Kingdom Hearts Question mythbeliever 8 1,249 06-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Dante&Trish!
  Kingdom hearts voices Linkin Park 47 9 1,053 06-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Trunks
  Finally! Took long enough! Ryan H. 12 1,339 05-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  Kingdom Hearts tkann314 15 1,436 05-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Mr. Saltine
  think i found myself a good online-racing game... finally jumbo 19 1,514 04-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Last Post: jumbo
  PS2 HDD - finally? jumbo 4 1,762 02-09-2003, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)