Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Warhawk Gameplay Advice
Ok I seriously suck at this game. Somehow everyone else is able to kill me with their planes but I get them radar-locked and then miss somehow.
I know some people are just really good at this game, maybe they've been playing for years but I seem to be constantly getting blown up.
Should I keep wasting time trying to get radar locks on other players because sometimes I don't get any warning from them when they blast me out of the skies?
Any advice at all would be much appreciated as I'm getting to really love this game.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Are you playing on the ground also? Cause that helps, there is a training section in the game too that really helps on radar locks and such. Only real advise is to stick with it. Most of the people still playing Warhawk have been playing it since day one and have 3 years of experience.

A fun trick to get kills that I love to do is take some landmines and plant them on enemy vehicles or flagposts, when the enemy tries to use said vehicle or capture the outpost/flag they go boom.
[Image: ach.png]

Follow my drunken antics and random musings on Twitter: ****est_Upest

"The masses of humanity have always had to suffer"-Bad Religion
yeah I play on the ground as well but enjoy gettin up in the air and given it a lash.
I've done all the training to be done but was wondering if anyone who's played the game has any tid bits of advice that the game doesn't teach ya. Ya can easily tell that some of the players have been playing since day one like ya said. The real pain in the ass for me is that some of them don't even get a radar lock on me and I'm out of the skies fast.
I suppose the best advice is just to keep at it and practice constantly. Thanx for the advice dude Smile

No problem. Another good way to get practice at the flying in it is to setup a game with a level cap, that way you are playing with people at your own skill level.
[Image: ach.png]

Follow my drunken antics and random musings on Twitter: ****est_Upest

"The masses of humanity have always had to suffer"-Bad Religion
The people that are killing you without a radar lock are probably so close that you're not even getting a warning. Thats the easiest way to take someone down, radar lock onto them then get as close as you can before letting your missles fly so the enemy gets as little warning as possible.

Use your MG on the enemy before you fire a Homing Missle(the yellow one). If anyone is following close on your tail, or if anybody is gonna try a very close head-on pass, just place an air mine. And when collecting weapons or searching for enemies, it's best to use invisibility.

Use the terrain to your advantage, putting a mountain or island between you and a homing missle is a good alternative to using the Chaff.

Also, never fly in one direction for too long. I'm always turning, rolling, flying upside-down, ect.. It makes you a harder target. And like I said before, use the terrain. If you think someone is behind you trying to lock on, put something between you and the enemy.

Flying upside-down is a good way to watch people fighting on the ground, and look for easy targets or teammates that need help. Are you using pro-flight or the standard controls? Because I would definitely recommend pro-flight.
[Image: Guernica16.png]
You should check out myhawk.org, you can check your stats and compare them to other people. Just type in your PSN username in the search bar. If you want to compare your stats to someone else, scroll down on your stats page and type in another persons PSN username. It's pretty cool if you have any friends on Warhawk, mainly for bragging rights.
Thanx Reborn for the very well detailed tutition. I've tried implementing alot of what you where saying about flying in close before missile locking and found although I'm not consistant, I'm definitely hitting more targets. Also to answer your question, yes I am using pro-flight, I find it allows much more freedom with the fighter.
I haven't checked out that site yet but I will when I get a minute to myself.
So thanx again for everyones help in here...yis have helped me out alot with this game.

Make sure you use the ROLL option on your controls. I have seen fighters do nothing but roll until my missile Misses. If you get fired on.....START ROLLING like crazy! You can actually live a long time like that. Sure the controls aren't as cool that way, but you can stay alive!
[SIZE=2]

Life is only as good as you make it!

Peace......until the BOMB drops!
[/SIZE]
Cheers man, The one good thing I'm good at is the rolling part but I'm definitely improving...there is a long learning curve but practice makes perfect!

No problem. I don't play as much as I used to anymore, but my cousin still gets on alot. I'd play with him but he's way out of my league, I'm not even half as good as he is. He goes to the same room every time and plays against 3 generals, one of which has the platinum trophy. I tried it once, but I was rusty and everyone was just destroying me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1gDnqJBGM This is a handy video for shaking any and all missles with pro flight.

Anyway, just keep working at it. Good pilots are worth 5 ground soldiers in Warhawk. As you said, practice makes perfect, and the learning curve is even worse now for people who just started playing the game. Hell, I played it all the time when it first came out, took 6 months off and came back to it, and I was terrible. I just haven't gotten back into it since then, although I do pick it up every once in a while just for kicks. It just seems like people get better and better while I get worse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warhawk Stats. dillonthebunny 35 5,576 11-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Last Post: GuernicaReborn
  so.. how is Warhawk going for you guys? dillonthebunny 25 2,608 08-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  2 New LittleBigPlanet Gameplay Videos Killa_5150 5 1,029 08-28-2008, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Warhawk Omega Pack now on ps3 store AMneostorm 6 1,120 12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Warhawk DM with me? Matticus85 43 5,079 10-30-2007, 05:00 AM
  Have Warhawk finally sorted out the problems? Matticus85 12 1,961 09-14-2007, 07:10 AM
  Who all has purchased warhawk? GOREDDEVILS 19 2,173 09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Little Advice BossCaper 0 1,844 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  New Gameplay Video of Upcoming PSN Exclusive Title: Gomibako SamSamurai 0 484 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  new LEAKED Uncharted 2 gameplay chicko1983 0 1,527 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: