Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaming News
That's nice to hear, tlpn99. You're now the least awful person on the forum Big Grin

I enjoyed X-Com even when it ditched the turn-based strategy with Interceptor and became a space combat game, so as long as the new one is a good game I won't have a problem. Interceptor still had all the base building and management of money, staff and equipment though so hopefully at least some of that stays in this new one, even if it's not really the kind of thing you get in AAA FPS.

Syndicate is much more suited to an FPS so I don't really have any reservations about that, especially as I'm a fan of Starbreeze in general. If you're part of a team of cyborgs taking out enemies and converting people for bullet fodder it's going to keep true to the core concepts pretty well, I think.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
A scary thing to consider: Blizzard put an in-game mount on their store today for World of Warcraft, an ethereal flying horse. It's no better than any other mount (its speed is based on your existing skills) so it's a purely cosmetic thing. They're charging a ridiculous $25 for it and... apparently there's currently a purchase queue of 150,000 people while the purchases are processed. 150,000 lots of $25 brings you to $3,750,000. That's purely for the people currently in the queue and not including anybody who has already bought it or anybody who will buy it in the future, and that's likely just the US sales. Four million dollars in one day for a virtual flying horse.
Playing:
According to Pulse, starting May 4th, PSN updates will now be on tuesdays.
http://www.psnstores.com/2010/04/us-psn-...-tuesdays/
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
I think that ties in with the MW2 map pack on PS3, which is set for a Tuesday even though that's not the traditional update day.
Playing:
Same day as XBL, right?
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
SquEnix teasing an unannounced project on twitter.
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/square-enix...eople.html

The only thing that would shock me is a FFVII remake, the only thing more shocking would be announcing FFVII remake a 360 exclusive.
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
cLoudou Wrote:The only thing that would shock me is a FFVII remake, the only thing more shocking would be announcing FFVII remake a 360 exclusive.
You don't think that there's a slight possibility of an HD version of FFVII for both the PS3 and Xbox 360? With the way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised that Square Enix would go for that as it would certainly be more lucrative.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
robodaddy-o Wrote:You don't think that there's a slight possibility of an HD version of FFVII for both the PS3 and Xbox 360? With the way things have been going, I wouldn't be surprised that Square Enix would go for that as it would certainly be more lucrative.

It makes sense to make it, they would make a ton of money, but with Wada who knows. Plus they've got other projects going on right now, so a FFVII remake would be a shock.
Capcom have revealed that Dead Rising 2 will have co-op for two players. It's not properly integrated into the story as you each control your own Chuck (which isn't explained in the story), but with all the outfit and appearance options you can look completely different, and in cutscenes you'll only see whichever Chuck triggered the event. That's not really a big deal though. It appears to only be online rather than splitscreen, which makes sense considering the type of game it is.

Capcom also announced a bunch of DLC for some of their games and confirmed the leaked details about Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, as well confirming a Western release for the Okami sequel.
Playing:
If a game is going to have co-op, I'd like to have an option for splitscreen offline co-op.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The PS4 News Thread Sir Shak 77 20,032 07-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: frostface
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 14,358 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 3,006 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Your feelings on old school gaming??? PlaystationFan 52 6,410 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  SquareEnix DKΣ3713 Event - News Speculations Zapix 28 6,003 08-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 2,218 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  isnt it about time we had some bad news about GTA4? dillonthebunny 17 1,834 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  EA= bad news for Bad Company? dillonthebunny 11 1,734 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,867 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  Any news on that Bioshock trailer? dillonthebunny 35 3,956 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan