Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaming News
Me too. If I wanted to play Dead Rising 2 co-op (which could be a real blast) with somebody in the same house I'd either need two copies of the game and two Live subscriptions to play on 360, or two copies of the game and a second PS3 for the PS3, neither of which are exactly cheap options. I can understand why it can't handle local co-op though because it's like open world games in that respect, built around streaming in the data to allow large areas and lots of characters on screen, which just wouldn't work if two players could go off in different directions.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Did any of you guys actually play Syndicate? That game totally ruled.

Edit: After getting overly excited and not reading any posts, I have gone back to read some and realized that you guys have, in fact, played Syndicate.

Kinda bums me out that they're turning it into a squad shooter, just because of the potential amount of havoc and destruction that would go on on the screen from afar if it was like the old game. Still, pretty cool that they're re-doing it. I actually last played it a year ago or something like that, I was feeling nostalgic. I had to download a special piece of software linked to DOS just to run it, lol.
I played Syndicate all the way back in the Amiga days and really liked it. That it will likely be yet another squad-based FPS is a little disappointing because we're not exactly short on that kind of game, but Syndicate Wars on the PS1 was great with four players and I think a lot of the core gameplay will translate well into a co-op shooter (better than X-Com, anyway). It would be especially good if you can split into roles like the Persuadertron guy, explosives guy etc. and essentially have free run of a small urban environment, with an objective to complete in any way you can achieve it.
Playing:
The MGS Peace Walker team has moved onto Rising, which is apparently now "lightning bolt-action."

http://www.psu.com/news/8882
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
It was listed as "lightning bolt action" back when it was announced at E3 last year.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
robodaddy-o Wrote:It was listed as "lightning bolt action" back when it was announced at E3 last year.

I stand corrected then. I don't recall that, I do however recall them saying it would have all the stealth that the MGS series is known for. Difficult to reconcile the two, but at least Rising will move faster now.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[/URL]
Yeah it's been "lightning bolt action" since it was announced but I don't think the meaning of it was explained. I guess it's deliberately making it a spin-off to the "tactical espionage action" but I don't know to what extent the game is going to reflect it, minimising the sneaky bits or giving Raiden all kinds of big combat moves or whatever.

Warner Bros. has bought Turbine, giving them ownership of the last piece of the Lord of the Rings license (Turbine had exclusive rights to LotR MMO games). I think it's been interesting watching Warner Bros. grow its game division, using their resources to buy up the developers who prove themselves capable of handling the licenses (Traveller's Tales, Rocksteady, the Mortal Kombat team) rather than clawing back the licenses and giving them to crappy in-house teams.
Playing:
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Yeah it's been "lightning bolt action" since it was announced but I don't think the meaning of it was explained. I guess it's deliberately making it a spin-off to the "tactical espionage action" but I don't know to what extent the game is going to reflect it, minimising the sneaky bits or giving Raiden all kinds of big combat moves or whatever.

Not to get too DaVinci code on ya but do you think it is just a descriptor or has anything to do with the fact that "Raiden" comes from some God of thunder (like with the images in the countdown webpage)?

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[/URL]
Well there's no way to tell until we actually learn some real details about the game, I guess, but the main series has always been Tactical Espionage so I think the change could be more than just a reference. It could just be a way of spinning off a new series, clearly marking it as something separate from Snake, but Kojima has said Rising is the game that will bring in new users to the series so there must be something different about it (beyond being multiplatform).
Playing:
I just saw a trailer for Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 and it shows Nathan Spencer has been re-engineered... to JUMP. :omg:

So I just noticed that the article that Macho Man posted had the trailer if you followed through the clicks. Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDkB6DCJN...re=related
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The PS4 News Thread Sir Shak 77 21,367 07-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: frostface
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 15,062 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 3,241 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Your feelings on old school gaming??? PlaystationFan 52 6,950 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  SquareEnix DKΣ3713 Event - News Speculations Zapix 28 7,461 08-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 2,341 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  isnt it about time we had some bad news about GTA4? dillonthebunny 17 2,080 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  EA= bad news for Bad Company? dillonthebunny 11 1,943 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 2,206 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  Any news on that Bioshock trailer? dillonthebunny 35 4,360 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan