Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation Move (Official Topic)
I have the move controller, but how much is the attachment?

Also, here is a link to the actual device
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

[Image: dust-off.jpg]
[Image: swapnilgyani.png]
dillonthebunny Wrote:has anyone tried KZ3 with move yet? im wondering what its like with that gun too...

if its like how im hoping, I will most likely buy Move.

G4TV mentioned in their review that move worked perfect with it. I didnt d/l the demo so I can't say for myself. I can't imagine it working with the Shooter attachment cause of the melee attacks.
[Image: ach.png]

Follow my drunken antics and random musings on Twitter: ****est_Upest

"The masses of humanity have always had to suffer"-Bad Religion
Deadman Wrote:G4TV mentioned in their review that move worked perfect with it. I didnt d/l the demo so I can't say for myself. I can't imagine it working with the Shooter attachment cause of the melee attacks.

I believe you thrust the controller forward to use the melee.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
cLoudou Wrote:I believe you thrust the controller forward to use the melee.

Yeah, with the Sharpshooter I could see that being an awkward motion. Considering the Move's precision, a motion like that could throw the camera off. Instead of performing a melee, you end up stargazing. I'm going to try it with the Move, I'm just not sold on the attachment. Hopefully there will be some Youtube videos of people using it. I'm just being skeptical though, $40 is a lot of money for a hunk of plastic.
[Image: ach.png]

Follow my drunken antics and random musings on Twitter: ****est_Upest

"The masses of humanity have always had to suffer"-Bad Religion
Deadman Wrote:Yeah, with the Sharpshooter I could see that being an awkward motion. Considering the Move's precision, a motion like that could throw the camera off. Instead of performing a melee, you end up stargazing. I'm going to try it with the Move, I'm just not sold on the attachment. Hopefully there will be some Youtube videos of people using it. I'm just being skeptical though, $40 is a lot of money for a hunk of plastic.

I know there is another way to initiate the melee, either with buttons or some other motion, but I forgot. It was in a video I watched a while back.

Agree in on the attachment price, but it looks kinda nice though.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
I know this thread is a bit old, but I for some reason just noticed it now.

As for the Move, it's going to depend on the gamer I think but I'm having a blast with it. I never really liked the Wii, but when the Move came out, I bought it to play some coop games with the GF. And we enjoyed it for a bit with games like Tiger Woods, The Shoot, and Sports Champions. I even played some Heavy Rain, and found that the game play was a bit clunky but still quite enjoyable.

We invested in Cabela's Most Dangerous hunts 2011 that came with wii style motion sensing gun. The game is Move compatible but the controls again didn't quite feel right with it either and the Wii style shotgun had recognition issues and didn't feel natural.

Then along came KZ3 and the Sharpshooter attachment. On a whim I picked them both out and gave them a try. The Sharpshooter is a blast! I played through most of the KZ3 Campaign with it, not only because it was that much fun, but I found that KZ3 with the DS3 controller was kind of dull. Then I took the sharpshooter back to the old games that I didn't enjoy before. The Shoot is still ridiculously hard but more fun with the rifle attachment, Cabela's is a whole new game with more accurate movement and more natural controls. MAG isn't just another online shooter anymore.

I even tried playing a few rounds a night with it on the SOCOM beta when I got in last week. There are a few differences in the beta, I think they've done a bit of aim assist with the move to make the playing field little more level. The first thing I noticed was that with the DS3 in the beta you have your regular cross hairs, while with some guns with the Move, you have and red 'laser' line and different aiming reticle which seems to make it a little easier to snap on to an enemy.

But I've had a blast. I've already mentioned it on the main site, but there is a huge difference between games that have had the Move compatibility added on as an after thought, and the games that have been built with the Move in mind from day one.

The flip side to that though is that with KZ3, I found the game kind of dull unless I did play through it with the Sharpshooter. (keep in mind I'm referring to campaign only, I haven't tried the Move in the online game modes of KZ3 yet.)

In the end, for a guy who wasn't a big fan of motion controls, The Move/ Sharpshooter has become a regularly used item in my gaming collection. So much so that when SOCOM does launch I am already fully prepared to drop the extra cash for the sharpshooter bundle so I can have 2 in the house for some split screen fun in "The Shoot", Cabela's Hunting galleries and Some Coop campaign KZ3. The Move was fun, The hand gun attachment made it that much better, the Sharpshooter attachment put it miles above anything that is out there so far for this genre, and with some really interesting games supporting it, I'm looking forward to more.

I already know it's not for everyone, but I would still recommend anyone that likes shooters to give these games a try with the sharpshooter, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It kind of sucks that it's a pricey investment to find out if you're going to like it or not, so i do recommend finding a friend who has one first, :lol:, but if you're willing to take the leap, I think you'll find it's worth it.

On a side note, I've been eyeing up the Cabela's Shotgun that came with the game to see if I can use a Dremel on it and turn it into a shotgun/Move attachment of sorts. The shotgun is really comfortable to use, just awkward because of the motion sensor. So I'm trying to think of a way that I can add the Move and Nav controller to it somehow. I need to find a wiring diagram of a sharpshooter first though to see how it would work for the secondary buttons. If I actually undertake this endeavor, I'll let you guys know.
[Image: ch1n00k.png]
I got Move for Xmas, anyone have some suggestions on what to try with it? How bout KZ3 or Resistane 3 or MLB 11?
PSN network name is Bauer1023 add me!
I have the Move/Sharpshooter and find it to be rather difficult to turn/aim in SOCOM 4 and even moreso in MAG. I've been trying to get it as close to carrying a real gun as I can but it either turns waaayyy to fast (MAG) or really slow. SOCOM 4 isn't too too bad with it but it still is rather hard to control. I also find my right shoulder gets very tired very fast. How dumb is it that there is not a strap for it? Anybody else find this? Or do I just really suck? LOL
2 in the box, Ready to go, We be fast and they be slow!!

"Why the hell did you kill that Cyclops and rip out his eye Kratos?"
"He was Comin at me"
"Poor Cyclops, For Christ sakes he was lookin for the bathroom"
"Oh, my bad"

Hehehehe Asschabs - Piss drunk Oghren
Oh, I see you think I'm someone else. No pal you think I'm someone else..swish.- Conversation with a Piss drunk Oghren.
LowKey Wrote:Anybody else find this? Or do I just really suck? LOL
I've tried almost anything with my Move, from puzzles to fps to rts and trust you me: It's not you who suck.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Playstation game of all time? Ryan H. 61 11,846 04-18-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: frostface
  What's the best PlayStation console of all time? Sidular 9 3,351 04-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Spartan119
  40GB PlayStation 3 shows up in US Target for $399 GOREDDEVILS 7 2,869 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Last Post: JaktheDaxter
  Recent Playstation Store updates... Zapix 5 1,481 02-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Playstation 2 problem? sean009 2 1,356 01-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  own a PlayStation sean009 3 1,220 01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Last Post: farfus
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,305 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  huge PlayStation 3 exclusive coming soon? Russell Burrows 0 2,063 08-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Russell Burrows
  Playstation Store (UK) Not So Solid Snake 7 4,517 05-14-2007, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Playstation 3 Home Audio/Video Solutions Shatterday 0 1,901 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: